• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Manga |OT| ZEHAHAHAHA! The Name of this Age is Blackbeard!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Majukun

He beated the shit out of Sheep's Head for saying that Raizou is not there. He knows he is there, otherwise there would be no point in returning there, since he said himself he didn't want to return. I think that by killing the elephant, the island will simply stop moving.

that's not what happens when you kill something
not everyone is whitebeard

also if that is all happens,what would be the point in killing it again?

he stated clearly that "there's no reason to attack the minks",if all killing the elephant does is making it stop moving,then he still has to attack the minks
Who knows...maybe the minks trump card is Uranus.
e5YuU.gif

i hope the trump card is zou itself,like he gets hit once,then its raging eyes shw up and he start sinking ships left and right

but it's not gonna happen :)

Syntsui

that's not what happens when you kill something
not everyone is whitebeard

also if that is all happens,what would be the point in killing it again?

he stated clearly that "there's no reason to attack the minks",if all killing the elephant does is making it stop moving,then he still has to attack the minks
He just won't have to rush for them, by killing the elephant, they will have to defend themselves to not fall on the sea and them Jack will go after Raizou. That must be what he is planning. Killling the elephant must be some kind of diversion so less minks will get in his way.

Taborcarn

I have a feeling that the Mink's trump card might be the elephant itself. One big step or a blast of water from its trunk could sink all of Jack's ships. It just may need to be properly controlled or directed or it might not even notice there's a threat.

Majukun

He just won't have to rush for them, by killing the elephant, they will have to defend themselves to not fall on the sea and them Jack will go after Raizou. That must be what he is planning. Killling the elephant must be some kind of diversion so less minks will get in his way.

he clearly stated in this very chapter that he is there to KILL THE MINKS

and when the guy on his crew said that it will be easy to assault them now that they are weak he responds with :I don't have to attack them,I'LL JUST KILL THE ELEPHANT

i mean he literally couldn't have stated what he is going to do and why he is doing it more clearly than that

also,by killing the elephant,he will lay down,actively killing everyone,including (and especially since he is a devil fruit user) luffy,ending the manga.

Kornflayx

I want Jack to approach the elephant, and then Zunisha slowly tilts his head sideways to look directly at him and stop him dead in his tracks

Would be awesome

Syntsui

he clearly stated in this very chapter that he is there to KILL THE MINKS

and when the guy on his crew said that it will be easy to assault them now that they are weak he responds with :I don't have to attack them,I'LL JUST KILL THE ELEPHANT

i mean he literally couldn't have stated what he is going to do and why he is doing it more clearly than that

also,by killing the elephant,he will lay down,actively killing everyone,including (and especially since he is a devil fruit user) luffy,ending the manga.

He has to get Raizou, how can this be so difficult for you to process? He won't kill everyone by killing the elephant, even if he really kills it and it drops in the sea. He has to go up there and search for Raizou, that's the whole reason he is there, that's why he beated Sheep's Head.

I want Jack to approach the elephant, and then Zunisha slowly tilts his head sideways to look directly at him and stop him dead in his tracks

Would be awesome

That would be hype. A badass Zunisha stopping Jack's attempt to kill it would be GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOODA moment.

Ray Down

Banned
Zoro so Tsundere, he wants Luffy Senpai attention after mentioning Sanji.

Luffy and Peko going after Sanji is obvious considering the year stuf, I would like to see at least two other strawhats go with him like Nami and Ussop but we will see.

Still think this whole stuff will end up putting the Big Mom and Kaido against one another.

That and Sanji drops the whole love/over-hyper gentleman shtick and somewhat falls for Pudding.

Syntsui

Zoro so Tsundere, he wants Luffy Senpai attention after mentioning Sanji.

Luffy and Peko going after Sanji is obvious considering the year stuf, I would like to see at least two other strawhats go with him like Nami and Ussop but we will see.

Still think this whole stuff will end up putting the Big Mom and Kaido against one another.

That and Sanji drops the whole love shtick and somewhat falls for Pudding.

Maybe Raizou will go with him, which will attract Kaidou goons to crash the party.

Majukun

He has to get Raizou, how can this be so difficult for you to process? He won't kill everyone by killing the elephant, even if he really kills it and it drops in the sea. .

I think you don't have clearly in mind what would happen if THAT thing falls on his side dead..especially in the middle of the ocean

He has to go up there and search for Raizou, that's the whole reason he is there, that's why he beated Sheep's Head

no,the whole reason he is there is to finish the minks,he clearly says it on the last page,in plain english

Anteater

Jack is a dude who unleashed the gas on the island even though he wanted Raizou then left a crew there to search for him after, he probably don't think too far ahead

smurfx

get some go again
will we see one pieces version of musashi at wano? will he be on momo's side or kaidou's side? i'm hoping he's on momo's side and kojiro is on kaido's side.

will we see one pieces version of musashi at zou? will he be on momo's side or kaidou's side? i'm hoping he's on momo's side and kojiro is on kaido's side.

I haven't even thought about the samurai on the Shogun's side. They'll no doubt be extremely powerful. Hell, I'm not even sure who's gonna fight the Shogun himself since he must on a level of his own in strength.

Ray Down

Banned
Maybe Raizou will go with him, which will attract Kaidou goons to crash the party.

Nah, I'm thinking Sanji has something else planned along with this and with Luffy there I think some kind of temporary alliance will be forged to help take down a conman enemy especially if they can blame the bomb on Kaidou, plus I doubt BM would want to kill/take down her son and law right of the bat.

And just to expand on what I said earlier I want Sanji to somewhat drop the shtick stuff, obviously this next arc is focusing on him but a major trait of him is his protecting/pervert/gentleman thing with woman where he won't even touch them and he rather die before he does it.

We still don't know how he developed this mindset, judging by how Zeff is and such I don't think he got it from him and with this arc coming up I think Sanji whole thing with woman is due to his past. Maybe his father abused his mother horribly and this is Sanji wanting to be as far away from his father or maybe he just like him.

I just think some good development for him would be to grow past that especially since this stuff has nearly killed him before and characters have constantly called him out for it. Plus Depending on how it goes I would like to see Sanji begin to fall a bit for Pudding and while still being a gentleman to Nami, Robin and other sexy ladies maybe that can help tone him down a bit.

smurfx

get some go again
The shogun is set up for Zoro.
i bet the shogun is some spoiled weasel type character. i do think the 2nd strongest of kaido's men will be some samurai from wano. it's going to be the one piece equivalent of musashi or kojiro. although green bull might be the one that looks like toshiro mifune.

Syntsui

Not to mention an object large enough to walk in the ocean while still rising miles into the sky? Something that large falling over would cause an ENORMOUS tidal wave.

It would probably not even hit the botton of the ocean. Even considering it would fall, with those enormous legs really deep in the water, it wouldn't simply fall sideways so easily.

Nah, I'm thinking Sanji has something else planned along with this and with Luffy there I think some kind of temporary alliance will be forged to help take down a conman enemy especially if they can blame the bomb on Kaidou, plus I doubt BM would want to kill/take down her son and law right of the bat.

And just to expand on what I said earlier I want Sanji to somewhat drop the shtick stuff, obviously this next arc is focusing on him but a major trait of him is his protecting/pervert/gentleman thing with woman where he won't even touch them and he rather die before he does it.

We still don't know how he developed this mindset, judging by how Zeff is and such I don't think he got it from him and with this arc coming up I think Sanji whole thing with woman is due to his past. Maybe his father abused his mother horribly and this is Sanji wanting to be as far away from his father or maybe he just like him.

I just think some good development for him would be to grow past that especially since this stuff has nearly killed him before and characters have constantly called him out for it. Plus Depending on how it goes I would like to see Sanji begin to fall a bit for Pudding and while still being a gentleman to Nami, Robin and other sexy ladies maybe that can help tone him down a bit.

I wonder if Sanji's plan include's Luffy crashing the party. Because he isn't an idiot, he knows Luffy would go after him.

Ray Down

Banned
I wonder if Sanji's plan include's Luffy crashing the party. Because he isn't an idiot, he knows Luffy would go after him.

He knows that, someone from the crew or all of them would come save him just like Robin (Except Zoro to Tsundere).

Still hope some-other strawhats come to make sure Luffy doesn't go overboard or at least try to reign him in.

That and Sanji drops the whole love/over-hyper gentleman shtick and somewhat falls for Pudding.

Speaking of which, Pudding is Big Mom's 35th daughter, right? What the hell is Big Mom, does she lay eggs or something? lol

Unless she adopts children, that's a pretty high number. Not impossible but weird. Oda might be hiding something about it.

smurfx

get some go again
maybe big mom takes the female children or even adults of the people allied with her. this way they are less likely to betray her.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
I have a feeling that the Mink's trump card might be the elephant itself. One big step or a blast of water from its trunk could sink all of Jack's ships. It just may need to be properly controlled or directed or it might not even notice there's a threat.
Definitely. A living island nation deep in the heart of the New World doesn't survive for 1000 years that easily.

The elephant is going to wreck Jack

Ray Down

Banned
Speaking of which, Pudding is Big Mom's 35th daughter, right? What the hell is Big Mom, does she lay eggs or something? lol

Unless she adopts children, that's a pretty high number. Not impossible but weird. Oda might be hiding something about it.

Nah, it could just be some family thing like 35th is the next gen Daughter of the Charlotte family.

Big Mama could be the 34th daughter or something.

Or maybe she just adopts alot.

smurfx

get some go again
how does jack keep finding zunisha? who's vivre card does he have that is on the island? is somebody betraying them?

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
There is no way Luffy is going on a solo adventure to rescue Sanji. The reason Luffy keeps mentioning his plan to do so is because Oda is setting up the expectation just so he can subvert it.

smurfx

get some go again
Maybe he got his hands on one that points to Raizou!
they could have used it to pinpoint his location.

There is no way Luffy is going on a solo adventure to rescue Sanji. The reason Luffy keeps mentioning his plan to do so is because Oda is setting up the expectation just so he can subvert it.
he should take robin with him. she has some of the best tools if they want to infiltrate quietly.

That's really a crazy idea since Luffy is probably the worst guy ever for an infiltration.

It would be great if Big Mom decides to make the wedding a huge event and invites important people from the seas like some of the shichibukai or maybe one of the yonkou.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
That's really a crazy idea since Luffy is probably the worst guy ever for an infiltration.

It would be great if Big Mom decides to make the wedding a huge event and invites important people from the seas like some of the shichibukai or maybe one of the yonkou.

God help Sanji if Boa shows up, he won't be able to handle that shit.

The Minks' trump card is most likely the full moon. They've hinted at it twice in this arc.

Why do I have a feeling that Momonosuke's chances of joining the Straw Hats just went up by a bit?
Luffy just needed to hear what the young lord wanted from his own mouth before going to battle.

I'm not sure if Luffy will aid in fighting Jack before going to Whole Cake Island or if he's going to move on and leave the rest up to the Ninja-Mink-Pirate Alliance (love that name) because the Minks and the Retainers need to get their revenge.

I think you don't have clearly in mind what would happen if THAT thing falls on his side dead..especially in the middle of the ocean

Elephant-Slips-and-Falls-in-Mud.gif

It wouldn't be pretty.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Nah, same thing, we saw his big attack against pica.

What would be cool would be something like awakened zoan vs awakened zoan or Sunny/General Franky vs Jack's fleet.

I say Zorro because despite having seen his big attack we still have no idea what his limits are in a fight, no one has really pushed him to the ragged edge post-timeskip. He's pretty much blown everyone away without a whole lot of trouble, even Pica couldn't touch him.

Ray Down

Banned

Like I said, i hope/think some other strawhats join him like Nami and Ussop maybe its just me but why else wouldOda separate Luffy, Nami and Ussop during the Mink keeping Raizou secret reaction.

one-piece-7042909.jpg

Plus I would love that the three of them trying to sneak into a wedding, Luffy grabbing food, Nami stealing treasure and Ussop trying to lie his way out if he gets caught.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
I say Zorro because despite having seen his big attack we still have no idea what his limits are in a fight, no one has really pushed him to the ragged edge post-timeskip. He's pretty much blown everyone away without a whole lot of trouble.

This is why Wano is extra hype for me. That's gotta be some big Zoro battles especially with him rocking Ryuuma's sword.

I say Zorro because despite having seen his big attack we still have no idea what his limits are in a fight, no one has really pushed him to the ragged edge post-timeskip. He's pretty much blown everyone away without a whole lot of trouble, even Pica couldn't touch him.

If those limits were pushed before Wano it would be uncool.

Kain

I got goosebumps, hairs were curling brahs, when Luffy forced Momonosuke to man up. I said DAMN GODA YOU DA BEST

Now I'm expecting Luffy to wipe the floor with Jack & crew when he sees him and realizes he was the one that devastated Zou.

So, been thinking, and what if Raftel is either Pluton or Uranus? Since the log pose doesn't ever point to Raftel (otherwise why even bother with the road poneglyphs) it is most likely an artificial island of some kind, or otherwise an animal like Zou. I don't think the latter is likely, and given the ties to the ancient civilization, the former seems very possible. I'd guess it would be Uranus since the name suggests its the strongest ancient weapon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom