• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Would you vote for Bernie if Hillary loses the democratic nomination?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lenardo

Banned
i'm indifferent.

and believe we might get a strong independent candidate if bernie loses...

that candidate being Bernie.

of all the major candidates right now, i will tell you right here and now the ONLY person i will never vote for IS Hillary-even if she is the only one on the ballot, i'd write in mickey mouse.

i just dislike and don't trust her.

bernie i'd vote for over any other candidate

then kaisich or however you spell his name
trump
then cruz
then anyone other than hillary.

Yeah, there's a Supreme Court seat open right now, and RBG is getting pretty old. Breyer and Kennedy are also getting up there. Imagine a President Cruz filling 3-4 seats with Alito-clones. Good Christ that would be a nightmare.

Please leave your jokes, salt, and reality-spinning aside and let us discuss this in an adult manner. I'm kidding, go ahead and do all you want GAF. :)

Usually people ask the other way around: Would you vote for Hillary if Bernie loses? Some would say 'no', they hate Clinton as if she had killed their puppies. "How dare she even run for president?". Some do say that she doesn't represent their values as a democrat. The remaining would definitely vote for her in order to stop a republican taking the presidential post.

In this case, as a democrat, what would you do? Would you still write-in her name or would you go on board with Bernie? Or would you.. vote Trump? :s

Better yet, do you think the party will divide if Bernie wins the nomination?

I'd likely vote for Kasich

i'm indifferent.

and believe we might get a strong independent candidate if bernie loses...

that candidate being Bernie.

Bernie has been very clear that he has no plans to run as an independent if he loses the nomination. I see no reason not to take him at his word on this.

Adaren

^ What a way to start a page.

I prefer Hillary overall, but I would vote for Bernie in the general without hesitation if he were the nominee.

vH2AQWn.png

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
i guess this thread is proof Kasich's done a great job hiding the fact that he's a terrible leader

I'd likely vote for Kasich

Your first choice is Bernie but Kasich would be your second? I sort of get people who like both Bernie and Trump since they agree on some things and are both anti-establishment, but I don't see what Bernie and Kasich have in common at all.

I'd begrudgingly vote for Bernie. I'm not a fan but there's really no other choice if you care remotely about social issues.

Cipherr

I would have to.

I would be holding my nose at this point, but I would have to. I'm not trading a Liberal for what another far right lunatic would do to this country. Just the SC justice alone would fuck us sideways for decades.

Get real....

harSon

Banned
He's lost a lot of my respect within recent months, but HELL FUCKING YES to your question. The implications are simply too fucking massive for me to not vote, vote 3rd party or vote for a Republican. Even if I consider him to be detrimental to the Democrat's ability to retake congress due to his awful attitude towards down ticket Democrats - and he likely won't get shit done during his presidency as a result - the Supreme Court nominations alone is reason enough to support him.

Ekai

I see some salt made it in to this topic anyway. Some posts even mocking Bernie ones claiming they wouldn't vote for Hillary. Then again it's not surprising at this point.

marrec

Banned
Yes of course.

I think his economic policies would be a disaster for the country, but I'm also assured that they'd never be able to pass through congress in their current states and the watered down versions that would pass would resemble Hillary's.

Otherwise I think he'd make a fine President.

Lets be honest. His tax plan won't ever get support in congress and Republicans will filibuster the hell out of it anyways.

If we're really being honest, basing your support behind someone whose legislation congressional Republicans will back means you're going to need to support a Republican (And even then it's still no guarantee).

tcrunch

If you care about any of the typical Democrat issues you simply cannot vote a Republican into national office.

e: I suppose if he started gibbering on-stage and screaming about how cthulu is speaking to him through his nosehairs I might reconsider.

Your first choice is Bernie but Kasich would be your second? I sort of get people who like both Bernie and Trump since they agree on some things and are both anti-establishment, but I don't see what Bernie and Kasich have in common at all.

I'd begrudgingly vote for Bernie. I'm not a fan but there's really no other choice if you care remotely about social issues.

My first choice is Hillary. My second choice has been flopping back and forth between Sanders and Kasich.. As the primary has gone on I've not liked what I've been seeing from the Sanders campaign.

Kasich is far more conservative than his reputation suggests. He looks good in comparison to Trump and Cruz but that's about all I can say for him. No way he'd get my vote.

Of course this is moot since he has essentially zero shot at the nomination. He's made enough enemies in the GOP establishment between siphoning off anti-Trump votes and his nasty temper that even if they somehow pull off the convention dark horse strategy (which I suspect they can't) they'll give it to Ryan or somebody else before they'd consider Kasich.

platocplx

Doesn't Matter the Dem as long as they arent satan himself.

Were kind of back to the time of who do we hate less.

Obama really has been a special snowflake of a president. I'm sad the DNC did an awful job to support him during midterms we could have had so much more progress.

At the same time its pretty incredible at the implosion of the Republican party.

I do recommend anyone who is remotely interested in politics check out this book:

Dog Whistle Politics: How Coded Racial Appeals Have Reinvented Racism and Wrecked the Middle Class

It nails the current political atmosphere, its honestly sad as hell how things have gotten. They start from when the republican party did a total 180 vs Democrats and goes from there.

I want as many people as possible to understand the tactics being used against people and how political messaging has been today.

marrec

Banned
If you care about any of the typical Democrat issues you simply cannot vote a Republican into national office.

e: I suppose if he started gibbering on-stage and screaming about how cthulu is speaking to him through his nosehairs I might reconsider.

Eh, if he did that in between ensuring minorities rights and lowering the wage gap he'd still be a better option than any Republican candidate currently in the lime-light.

Without question. I'd only think otherwise if the SCOTUS wasn't in play and the GOP were about to nominate Sandoval or someone and even then I'd probably still vote for Sanders.

But this doesn't mean I like him.

tbh I'd vote for Cthulhu before I vote for a Republican

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Yeah, easily. It would be grossly irresponsibly not to, same as in the opposite situation.

Well, I'm a Sanders supporter, so yes. The opposite is true, too. It's the difference between being offered a ten cent raise, a ten dollar raise, a 50% pay cut, or getting laid off.

aeolist

Banned
i guess this thread is proof Kasich's done a great job hiding the fact that he's a terrible leader

also extremely conservative

standards for republicans are so low now that anyone who doesn't openly advocate for violating federal law or the constitution to push some medieval agenda is "moderate"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom