• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Would you vote for Bernie if Hillary loses the democratic nomination?

Status
Not open for further replies.
i'm indifferent.

and believe we might get a strong independent candidate if bernie loses...

that candidate being Bernie.

of all the major candidates right now, i will tell you right here and now the ONLY person i will never vote for IS Hillary-even if she is the only one on the ballot, i'd write in mickey mouse.

i just dislike and don't trust her.

bernie i'd vote for over any other candidate

then kaisich or however you spell his name
trump
then cruz
then anyone other than hillary.

You MIGHT have buyer's remorse a couple years after Trump or Cruz wins. Especially Cruz. Maybe more buyer's remorse when a 7-2 conservative Supreme Court is handing down awful rulings for the next 20 years.

My first choice is Hillary. My second choice has been flopping back and forth between Sanders and Kasich.. As the primary has gone on I've not liked what I've been seeing from the Sanders campaign.

Ah, OK. Still seems bizarre to me.

"My first choice is Hillary, but if I can't vote for her I'll vote for her polar opposite."

I see some salt made it in to this topic anyway. Some posts even mocking Bernie ones claiming they wouldn't vote for Hillary. Then again it's not surprising at this point.

fwiw i'm mocking someone deciding to soapbox about how clinton's somehow a worse option than trump/cruz/kasich in a thread ostensibly for clinton supporters

aeolist

Banned

"My first choice is Hillary, but if I can't vote for her I'll vote for her polar opposite."

lots of people vote based on things other than actual policy positions

it doesn't make sense to me but trump is a thing so it has to be true

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!

Replace "Hillary" with "Bernie" and you have pretty much all of reddit.

Yes.

I'll add though that I'm very unsure he's prepared to be President right now, and would have to hope he grows into the job quickly.
If he's an ineffective 1 term president, we still get a liberal Supreme Court for at least a decade.

If he's an ineffective two termer (some how), the Supreme Court is Liberal for the rest of time (or until time catches up to them and the once liberal court is now conservative)

If, by some miracle, he's manages to get a ton of awesome stuff passed, the country might head into some really great prosperity.

i'm indifferent.

of all the major candidates right now, i will tell you right here and now the ONLY person i will never vote for IS Hillary-even if she is the only one on the ballot, i'd write in mickey mouse.

trump
then cruz

I'm going to take a really wild guess that you don't live in poverty, or have a vagina. Enjoy your privilege, bro!

Honestly, if the Supreme Court wasn't such a huge issue, I might be tempted to vote Kasich over Sanders. I think there's an outside chance that Sanders' policies, if enacted, would cause a recession.

Of course, given that Congress would never pass his policies, I'd rather have him as chief executive than Kasich.

ivysaur12

Banned
i'm indifferent.

trump
then cruz

How could you vote for Trump or Cruz over Hillary if you support Bernie's agenda? How? That's a seemingly indefensible position???

Chariot

I am not american, but if I were I would vote for any democratic candidate in the general. Hell, don't see it as voting for the person, if you don't like her. Just vote against the republicans.

Kin5290

Absolutely. As a democrat, I'd want the Supreme Court stacked in our favor.

That said, I live in a red state in the South, so according to Bernie I wouldn't count.

hawk2025

This is Kasich, when the golly-gosh persona starts falling:

CgGEuO1WsAAwgv8.jpg

woolley

Probably, maybe not. I think he would make a terrible president but there isn't a good choice on the other side either. But if I'm already at he polls might as well vote for someone.

If he's an ineffective 1 term president, we still get a liberal Supreme Court for at least a decade.

If he's an ineffective two termer (some how), the Supreme Court is Liberal for the rest of time (or until time catches up to them and the once liberal court is now conservative)

If, by some miracle, he's manages to get a ton of awesome stuff passed, the country might head into some really great prosperity.

Yes, that's why I would vote for him. I'm not saying I'd consider voting for anyone else on the GOP side, or not vote at all.

BiggNife

Sure. I like Bernie and I appreciate the fact he comes off very genuine, even if though I think a lot of his promises aren't realistic. I mean, I'd vote for any democrat over the insane crazies that are in the republican party right now.

Having said that, this seems like kind of a moot point because barring some kind of insane disaster Hillary's gonna get the nom.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
im going scorched earth and voting the people who will deport all of the democrats from the united states

whoever the democratic nominee is is getting my vote. i'm less pro-democrat and more anti-republican/anti-bullshit.

Ekai

Honestly, if the Supreme Court wasn't such a huge issue, I might be tempted to vote Kasich over Sanders. I think there's an outside chance that Sanders' policies, if enacted, would cause a recession.

Of course, given that Congress would never pass his policies, I'd rather have him as chief executive than Kasich.

Are you at all aware of Kasich's social views?

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
How could you vote for Trump or Cruz over Hillary if you support Bernie's agenda? How? That's a seemingly indefensible position???

It is an objectively indefensible position when you approach it from a place of facts based on the candidate's positions. But that's the rub, it isn't a rational statement. It's an emotional statement. Questioning the "Bernie is the best but I'd rather vote for someone who literally opposes everything he stands for instead of someone who agrees with him like 85% of the time" stance is never going to be met with a reasonable reply, because it doesn't come from a place of reason. It's based on feelings and emotional rhetoric.

Cybrwzrd

Banned

That because many Hillary Democrats are social liberals and fiscal conservatives.

Kaisch is a fiscal conservative and not as extreme on the social positions as the other two republicans.

Bernie is far too fiscally liberal for them to stomach.

rambis

Banned
It is an objectively indefensible position when you approach it from a place of facts based on the candidate's positions. But that's the rub, it isn't a rational statement. It's an emotional statement. Questioning the "Bernie is the best but I'd rather vote for someone who literally opposes everything he stands for instead of someone who agrees with him like 85% of the time" stance is never going to be met with a reasonable reply, because it doesn't come from a place of reason. It's based on feelings and emotional rhetoric.

Very well put.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
That because many Hillary Democrats are social liberals and fiscal conservatives.

Kaisch is a fiscal conservative and not as extreme on the social positions as the other two republicans.

Bernie is far too fiscally liberal for them.

Kasich is every bit as extreme on social positions, people just aren't paying attention.

But as said earlier:

That's always been the case with low information voters to be fair. What you say on TV is all they really see/hear and they don't actually look into your career history.

Link

The Autumn Wind

Bernie is far too fiscally liberal for them.
Everything about this post is incorrect.

I'm getting real tired of being told in not so many words that I'm a conservative because I support Hillary.

The intent of this thread is pretty clear to anyone that read the OP.

They're asking if Hillary supporters would support Bernie if he (somehow) got the nom.

A lot of the posters in here aren't exactly reading the OP.

War Eagle

i'm indifferent.

trump
then cruz

I'm with you, except flip Hilary and Cruz. Here's my order:

1. Bernie
2. Kaisich
3. Trump
4. Hilary
5. Cruz

Amory

Trump v Sanders is a nightmare scenario for me because I can't stand either of them.

I live in Massachusetts so Bernie would win anyway. I probably wouldn't vote.

There really is no other option. Like everything Sanders is saying, but so much of it sounds like a lot of optimism with no real plan. Hilary is getting my vote, but if Bernie is the only option so be it. I couldn't live with myself if I voted Trump, Kaisch or Cruz.

The fact that a man who thinks you can pray the gay away somehow came out of Republican primary campaign as the "moderate" one will never not be funny to me.

As for the thread topic, sure, I'd vote for Bernie for President.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom