• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 sold over 40 million units worldwide

Rozart

beast_khceu13.png

Is that Sony's new LE PS4 console?

Ape

Banned
Sony,

Enjoy your time in the sun because a celestial body known as Scorpio is about to cast a long shadow over you.

jblank83

40 million in 28 months (released in November 2013) is a rate of 1.43 million per month.

Assuming sales hold steady, that would put the system at 86 million in 5 years or 103 in 6.

Cornbread78

Sony,

Enjoy your time in the sun because a celestial body known as Scorpio is about to cast a long shadow over you.

That's funny..

I'll still only buy PS because of games like the ones in the OP. Unless somehow XBScorpio becomes the jrpg console of choice...

Jeels

:( Too bad Yakuza 0 isn't this year in the states.

Congrats to Sony, what a beast of a console. Just wish mine weren't so loud. Would prefer if the PS4K were a "slim"/less loud model from the start.

Suzzopher

Western press release has Horizon down as 2016.
On the software front, much anticipated title, Uncharted 4: A Thief's End (SIE WWS), was released on May 10, recording remarkable global sales of over 2.7 million units in just one week. PS4 software portfolio will continue to expand with highly anticipated games including Final Fantasy XV (Square Enix), Mass Effect Andromeda (Electronic Arts), Tekken 7 (Bandai Namco), Gran Turismo SPORT, Horizon Zero Dawn, and The Last Guardian (SIE WWS). The independent development community will also continue to deliver a variety of innovative new titles for PS4 including Boundless (Wonderstruck), Hellblade (Ninja Theory) and Pyre (Supergiant Games). *3

DieH@rd

Banned
Wii U and Xbox One numbers?

WiiU is over 12M and it won't move much from it.

As for Xbox One... a phenomenal response from Xbox fans has contributed to one of the most successful sales periods in Microsofts console history, resulting in over 1 billion online frags which is much more than what Xbox 360 achieved in the same period in its lifecycle.

AdanVC

I hate congratulating big ass corporations but will do anyway. Congrats, Sony! Seriously, the way they have been delivering this generation has been top notch. It feels like they are truly commited to bring what the fans actually want and it's paying big time for them. PS2 levels of awesomeness almost! I still don't have a PS4 but will definitely get one by the time FFXV hits!

Boke1879

I mean anything is possible but I don't see MS having marketing for XV. I'd think SE wants to be associated with the market leader. Not to mention that deal would have no bearing for the XB1.

Ricky_R

I mean anything is possible but I don't see MS having marketing for XV. I'd think SE wants to be associated with the market leader. Not to mention that deal would have no bearing for the XB1.

I see it due to the simple fact that Sony knows they don't need the deal at all. Maybe they didn't bother and the deal was there for the taking. Or, maybe MS offered more money for it and SE knows that a marketing deal with MS is easy money since the game will sell well on the PS4 either way.

Sony,

Sure because if there's anything we've learned from the console business is that the most powerful one always wins right?

Like the NES vs Sega Master
or SNES vs Genesis vs 3DO, vs Jaguar
or N64 vs PS1 vs Saturn
or PS2 vs GC vs Xbox
or Wii vs PS3 vs 360

Oh wait...

Is the PS4 still outpacing the PS2?

Ryng_tolu

Banned
Well, it said over 40 million, and in a slow month like May, perhaps the PS4 already hit that milestone in early May but isn't over 40.5 million yet? :p

It's over 40 million, but under 40.1 million.

Sony round the numbers for 100K, indeed when PS4 passed 30 million and 20 million, they didn't said "over 20 million" or "over 30 million", but over 20.2 million and 30.2 million.

I believe it was 85+% in the US and UK in favor of the ps4. Higher everywhere else.

It was 80/20 PS4.

WiiU is over 12M and it won't move much from it.

As for Xbox One... a phenomenal response from Xbox fans has contributed to one of the most successful sales periods in Microsofts console history, resulting in over 1 billion online frags which is much more than what Xbox 360 achieved in the same period in its lifecycle.
pwQWb.jpg

Shin-Ra

That's a million sold a month since January. Europe is really huge for PS.
What about the middle east though.

What would make your nipples deflate?
This cock.

DonteTude.gif

Sony,

Start up the FUD machines!

Damn. Xbox is a beast!
Hmm. Wonder how bad multiplats will look on ps4k
Another thing to think of is if these are the release cycles from now on Xbox will always be more powerful coming out a few months later. The PlayStation might never have great third party ports again after this cycle.

Top Bottom