• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Stuck in the Past - a 33 RPM thread for vinyl listeners and collectors

C4Lukins

I am waiting on a ton of stuff,

Promethius Soundtrack
Sia- Colour the Small One
Pearl Jam No Code rerelease
By the way Yield and No Code are being rereleased by Pearl Jam.
Special Edition Pinkerton by Weezer
Radiohead New Album Special Edition

pablito

New stuff yay

Gorguts - Pleiades Dust
Deftones - B-Sides and Rarities RSD
Blasphemy - Fallen Angel of Doom
Deftones - Gore
Kde4JI2.png

nQ6Eh4z.png

SzFKqM6.png

j3tGRbD.png

X4NyEQY.png

6XpeLAb.png

Got a bunch of stuff today:

IEaeUkR.jpg

Aliens - Aliens Original Motion Picture Soundtrack
Ares Kingdom - The Unbiriable Dead
Morbus Chron - Sleepers In The Rift
Sacriphyx - The Western Front
Slaegt - Beautiful and Damned
Slaughter - Strappado

Closer look at the Aliens vinyl:
q9VaSLl.jpg

pScOn2n.jpg

gv8BfV5.jpg

zXRSAmU.jpg

IF7GNK5.jpg

Did anyone get that Aliens variant with the green go inside the record? I imagine it has some sound quality issues but damn if it didn't look cool.

Did anyone get that Aliens variant with the green go inside the record? I imagine it has some sound quality issues but damn if it didn't look cool.
Not I, I'd actually gotten some weird variant from Newbury Comics before LV426 day. Mondo's obviously extremely fucking strange with their production.

Nothing like artificial scarcity! /s

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
would your job involve keeping an eye out for The Specials - Ghost Town 12" Single? I'd sure appreciate that.
AU7Amsc.gif

Also procured these today:

9o7FUv8l.jpg

everything but the Sonic Youth record is 1st pressing. Happy Birthday to me!

would your job involve keeping an eye out for The Specials - Ghost Town 12" Single? I'd sure appreciate that.
AU7Amsc.gif

Also procured these today:

9o7FUv8l.jpg

everything but the Sonic Youth record is 1st pressing. Happy Birthday to me!

Condition? Brand spanking mint scrooge mcduck good or is mint ok?

Steamlord

Looks like Domino is reissuing Internal Wrangler. Not that it's ever been insanely expensive on Discogs, but it's one of the greatest albums of the 2000s so having more copies available is definitely a good thing.

There isn't anything special about it except for the fact that it is a phenomenal album, but Fragile by Yes is getting a new release tomorrow on 180g vinyl.

Fragile.jpg

The week after there will be new reissues of Radiohead's catalogue.

Zombine

Banned
M/NM or even VG+. I really just like that track and that cover is a classic.

I'll see what I have in stock. Just got 3k albums in. I'll PM you if I find it. If I find one that's VG+/VG I might even just throw it your way on the house.

Great song though dude. One of my absolute favorites! I always give it a listen around September/October.

wenis

I'll see what I have in stock. Just got 3k albums in. I'll PM you if I find it. If I find one that's VG+/VG I might even just throw it your way on the house.

Great song though dude. One of my absolute favorites! I always give it a listen around September/October.
Whoo, thanks dude.

wenis

How often do you guys change your needle?
It shouldn't be regularly. As long as you have it properly calibrated it could be a good long while before you need to.

(Or until you want to start upgrading for purely quality reasons, but then your talking about having to think about new speakers, receiver, other components).

Went trekking through my local music stores this past weekend. Picked up more than I should have.

Any particularly good pickups in Vinyl GAF this past weekend?

Bane

Got my Prometheus vinyl from Mondo today and there's a label on it saying Alien is coming this year. I've been waiting for such news for a while so I'm pretty stoked about it.

Now hopefully they follow that with Alien 3 at some point.

Got my Prometheus vinyl from Mondo today and there's a label on it saying Alien is coming this year. I've been waiting for such news for a while so I'm pretty stoked about it.

Now hopefully they follow that with Alien 3 at some point.
Alien 3 is such an underrated score.

wenis

7 Months and I've finally spin cleaned and dried my records and replaced all of the inner sleeves with anti-static sleeves.

<> the journey is over.

Also Temporary Residence is having a 20% off sale using code "TRL20". Catch is that you can only use it once per customer so choose wisely.

Local store had some awesome stuff the other day. An early pressing of Rubber Soul in really good condition, but I passed on it. They also had an original pressing of Master of Puppets, but it was $50. I passed on that as well, because the new pressing of it is only $20.

But they have the Record Store Day release of Transformers The Movie used for $25. If it is there tomorrow, I will bite.

hawk2025

Never thought I'd see The Privilege in this thread :p.

Never thought someone would recognize it!

I bought all the individual EPs as they came out and eventually the boxset encasing with the last one :)

Still haven't picked up the abridged version, though.

WEGGLES

Never thought someone would recognize it!

I bought all the individual EPs as they came out and eventually the boxset encasing with the last one :)

Still haven't picked up the abridged version, though.

I got into Parenthetical Girls as the last EP was coming out, bought the set as a "reward" for landing a co-op when I was in college.

I also don't have the abridged version, don't see a need for it? Wish they'd make more material, though. :( Privilege was something super special, and I was excited for what they'd do next.

wenis

Local store had some awesome stuff the other day. An early pressing of Rubber Soul in really good condition, but I passed on it. They also had an original pressing of Master of Puppets, but it was $50. I passed on that as well, because the new pressing of it is only $20.

But they have the Record Store Day release of Transformers The Movie used for $25. If it is there tomorrow, I will bite.

Original MoP sounds better than the remaster. Remaster peaks super hard and has timny drums. I did a side by side on my system.

Original MoP sounds better than the remaster. Remaster peaks super hard and has timny drums. I did a side by side on my system.

This is starting to be a common thing in remasters... it is really sad honestly. Not all records and the remasters are created equally.

C4Lukins

980Os7C.jpg
[/IMG]

I hope this picture is not as big on the forum as it is on my computer. If so, someone give me some tips to size it down.

Anyway, not sure if I mentioned these purchases before, but most have arrived recently so I assume I have not posted a picture of them.

1. Black Swan Soundtrack
2. Home Alone Soundtrack
3. Hannibal the TV series soundtrack
4. Aliens Soundtrack
5. Pixies- Surfer Rosa
6. Muse- Drones
7. Baby Metal- I assume self titled
8. Weezer- Self Titled White Album
9. Weezer- Pinkerton reissue
10. Sia- Colour The Small One
11. David Bowie- Blackstar Special Edition
12. David Bowie- 5 years Boxset
13. Star Wars the Force Awakens- I hate that it is a picture disk but what are you going to do?
14. Ben Folds- Rockin the Subrurbs
15. Kate Bush- 50 Words for Snow
16. Kate Bush- The Whole Story (Greatest hits pre The Sensual World)
17. The Knife- Deep Cuts

C4Lukins

So I have four records arriving in the next few days, but I thought it would be fun to do a bit of a series on 500 or so records I own that my step father let me borrow. Maybe try and look at 5 of them a week or something if I have the time.

Weird shit ranging from Texas A&M marching band stuff, to recorded speaches by Hitler, to the record version of Lady and the Tramp. Just let me know if any of you are interested, because I have to listen to and document this stuff before I can write about it.

pablito

New stuff yay!

Schammasch - Triangle.

Dr Dre - The Chronic. Didn't realize it was the digital remaster. Hopefully it sounds good or else sadface.

Neurosis - Strength and Vision boxset. Every album of theirs on vinyl and cd. Art book with the original covers of the albums, and some additional goodies.

wenis

The Chronic is a tough one. The original was a Bernie Grundman master, but really hard to find a decent condition copy that isn't going for $80+.

The remaster is fine, but it is remastered louder and lacks some of that deep punch you'd only get with adding some more weight to your needle. Even then it peaks hard.

wenis

Also if ya'll need new inner sleeves, outers, LP dividers, cleaning solution, new TT mats or anything sleevecityusa.com is having a Memorial Day sale.

Use promo code MEMORIAL2016 15% off

Myriadis

7Tqg3mb.jpg

Bought three new vinyls as soon as I got the cash. I was waiting for the minuteman LP for several months and finally got it. Bought untitled unmastered on a whim with it.

The Drones - The Miller's Daughter is a blues punk album that I stumbled upon a second hand store. Loved it but didn't have the money for it. Bought it now for 30€. This particular edition is limited to 500 copies and I'm glad that I got it for relatively cheap because I'm friends with the store owner.

It seems that someone in town just unloaded their collection of classic rock and 80s metal. I didn't get all I wanted to because some old albums were $15-20, but did manage to snag a bunch of 80s metal gems today.

I got a copy of Judas Priest's "Screaming for Vengeance" today, which I also happened to get the 30th anniversary picture disc of last week. While the new one still sounds good, the original release sounds so much fuller. Now I am regretting getting the new pressing, as it is opened and I cannot return it. Oh well, it still looks cool.

Top Bottom