Note: White Joy-Cons only for artistic purposes, not available for purchase.
Press release: http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20170303005199/en/Nintendo-Switch-Ushers-Era-Console-Gaming
Nintendo Switch, codename NX, is Nintendo's next generation system combining the mobility of a handheld with the power of a home gaming system. With the two new Joy-Con controllers, a 6.2-inch screen and a modern architecture featuring NVIDIA technology, Nintendo Switch is bound to bring new play styles to life.
This thread's purpose is to provide an overview of Nintendo Switch and launch (window) activities. Feel free to share details on your experiences with aquiring the system, your first time starting it up etc. I wish everyone a great Nintendo Switch launch!
Features: The Nintendo Switch can function both as a portable and stationary device, and with the the two new Joy-Con controllers many new play styles are brought to life. For in depth details check the Features section.
Release: March 3, 2017 in Japan, the U.S., Canada, major European countries, Australia, Hong Kong and other regions
- 22 499 руб
What's in the box:
- Nintendo Switch Console
- Nintendo Switch Dock
- Joy‑Con (L)
- Joy‑Con (R)
- Joy‑Con Wrist Straps
- Joy‑Con Grip
- High Speed HDMI Cable
- Nintendo Switch AC Adapter
Joy-Cons can be bought in both singular and plural. Joy‑Con Wheel comes in a set of two.
Home Gaming System
- At home the main unit rests in the Nintendo Switch dock, which
connects the system to the TV and lets you play with family and friends
in the comfort of your living room.
- Lift Nintendo Switch from the dock and instantly transition to handheld
mode for on-the-go gaming. By sharing Joy-Con, players can go
head-to-head while away from home. You can also enjoy the same
great games in tabletop mode by using the included stand to prop the
- Remove the detachable Joy-Con from either side of Nintendo Switch for more play styles:
- One player can use a Joy-Con in each hand
- Two players can each take one
- Multiple Joy-Con can be employed by numerous people for a variety of gameplay options (additional Joy-Con sold separately)
- Slip a set of Joy-Con into a Joy-Con grip accessory, mirroring a more traditional controller. Or, select an optional Nintendo Switch Pro Controller.
- Bring together up to 8 Nintendo Switch systems for local face-to-face multiplayer.
- Includes traditional inputs of previous platforms, such as two analog sticks, A/B/X/Y buttons
(or directional buttons), and two shoulder buttons.
- Each Joy-Con can be used as a single controller. When playing this way, Joy-Con (L) and Joy-Con (R) have
the same button layout. When a Joy-Con is held horizontally, the buttons on top can be used as L and R
Buttons (they are called the SL and SR Buttons).
- Capture Button: The Capture Button is located on Joy-Con (L) and is used to take gameplay screen shots.
The player can then view, edit (add text of various sizes, colors and positions) and post them to popular
social media networks
- Motion Control: Each Joy-Con includes a gyroscope and accelerometer.
- HD Rumble: Both Joy-Con include advanced HD Rumble, which can provide compatible games with
subtle vibrations that are much more realistic than before. The effect is so detailed that a player could, for
example, feel the sensation of individual ice cubes colliding inside a glass when shaking a Joy-Con. With
HD Rumble you can experience a level of realism not possible through sights and sounds alone.
- IR Motion Camera: Joy-Con (R) includes an IR Motion Camera that can detect the distance, shape and
motion of nearby objects in specially designed games. For example, it can tell how far away a players hand
is, and even if the hand is forming a rock, paper or scissors shape.
- amiibo: There is an NFC reader/writer located on Joy-Con (R). (This is also included in the Nintendo Switch
Pro Controller.) Nintendo Switch is compatible with existing amiibo; usage is game-dependent.
- Rechargeable: Joy-Con charge while attached to a docked Nintendo Switch system. They can also be
charged using a Nintendo Switch charging grip accessory (sold separately).
- Colors: Joy-Con are available in multiple colors at launch: gray, neon red and neon blue.
- Release Button: On the back of each Joy-Con is a small button that is pressed to detach the controller
from the main unit.
- The system includes various on-device parental controls, but parents
can also download a smart device application that can be used to
easily and conveniently monitor and set parental controls for a
Nintendo Switch system.
- Screen: Nintendo Switch has a 6.2-inch capacitive multi-touch screen that can display a resolution of 1280 x 720.
- Dock: The Nintendo Switch dock holds, powers, and charges the system, and outputs video and audio from
the system to a TV or external display.
- Stand: A stand on the back of the main unit can be deployed to position the system upright in tabletop mode.
- Media: Game cards
- Video Output: HDMI; up to 1080p resolution when played in TV mode (up to 720p when played in handheld
or tabletop mode)
- Audio Output: TV Mode supports 5.1 channel surround sound. Using the systems built-in audio jack, stereo
speakers or headphones can be used when played in handheld or tabletop modes.
- Battery: Battery life can last for more than six hours, but will vary depending on the software and usage
conditions. For example, The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild can be played for roughly three hours on a
single charge. While away from home, Nintendo Switch can be charged by plugging the AC adapter into the
consoles USB Type-C connector.
- Storage: Nintendo Switch has 32GB of internal storage, a portion of which is reserved for use by the system,
and has the option to expand its capacity using microSDXC or microSDHC memory cards.
- SoC: Custom Tegra processor powered by NVIDIA
- Other: USB ports on the Nintendo Switch dock can be used to charge accessories such as the Nintendo
Switch Pro Controller and Joy-Con attached to a Joy-Con charging grip. The USB ports can also be used with
a USB LAN adaptor to connect to the Internet.
- Networking: Nintendo Switch can connect to the Internet via a wireless (IEEE 802.11ac) connection. In
addition, up to 8 systems can connect over a local wireless connection in compatible multiplayer games.
While docked, Nintendo Switch can also use a wired Internet connection by connecting a LAN Adapter.
What was the top priority for Nintendo Switch development? Now that development has been completed, what is your impression?
If I can sum up my impression in one short phrase, I would use high performance but low power consumption to describe Nintendo Switch. The PC has been a major gaming device, especially outside of Japan, and my top priority in the development of the Nintendo Switch hardware was to bring NVIDIAʼs GeForce, which has played a key role in realizing high-performance graphics for PC gaming, to our hardware with low power consumption. The term crossover is sometimes used to describe the unprecedented value that is realized when merging two different attractive things (such as, in this case, high performance and low power consumption, and playing both indoors and outdoors). I feel that Nintendo Switch is a new and unique crossover in its achievement of high performance, comparable to that of PC, both in front of your TV set and in your hands
As the Nintendo Switch does not feature a region lock, I will not provide info on availability of certain retail titles per region. I will simply list all games that will be available at launch.
Official thread by Übermatik: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1349314
- I am Setsuna
- Blaster Master Zero
- Disgaea 5
- Dragon Quest Heroes I・II for Nintendo Switch
- Fast RMX
- 空飛ぶブンブンバーン (Vroom in the night sky)
- Just Dance 2017
- New Frontier Days: Founding Pioneers
- Nobunaga's Ambition: Sphere of Influence
- Puyo Puyo Tetris® S
- Shovel Knight: Specter of Torment
- Shovel Knight: Treasure Trove
- SKYLANDERS® IMAGINATORS
- Snipperclips - Cut it out, together!
- Soldam 2
- Super Bomberman R
- VOEZ (OT by Cerium)
- Several Neo Geo titles by Hamster
List of Japanese Launch Titles that Support Multiple Languages (thanks Apparition): http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1349430
For games coming soon, check the release slate here: http://www.nintendo.com/games/game-guide?pv=true#filter/switch|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|release|des|-|-
Support site for Nintendo Switch in Japanese: https://www.nintendo.co.jp/support/switch/index.html
Support site for Nintendo Switch in English: http://en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/answers/landing/p/897