• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Red Dead Redemption heading to Xbox One Backward Compatibility this Friday

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
people hate on the 360 version of RDR? I thought people shat on the PS3 version

Well, they are right to crap on the PS3 version, its clearly very inferior. It would be like trying to defend the PS3 version of Black ops which ran at like 900x500 something and was sub 60fps(and barely 50fps) constantly to the 360 edition. No contest.

I'm talking about those people who talk about a remaster happening as an excuse to shit on the 360 version, because 'bluh 360 version had bad draw distance and bad AA and had bad graphics cause 720p!"

Like, are you even living on this planet with that kind of rhetoric? On 360, it was one of the absolute best looking games bar none on any platform at the time of its release, and still is a great looking open world title, and is actually notable for running VERY well with solid 30 almost constantly throughout the whole game.

So this means it's gonna be 1080P 60FPS? If not why would I want to play a game 6 years old and the only thing is its on a new machine with old flavor.

Now get excited if it was 4K 30 or 60 FPS on any machine, then we could have some good talks. Guess this is the world were little things excite people... 6 years to become backwards compatible and we are happy... I am getting old...

Because its a great game, and deserves to be played.

The game was amazing and basically perfect on its target platform, there's literally no reason to think it should change now IMO.

The only question is if the conversion to XB1 is solid.

mauaus

Anyone play this when it leaked a few months ago? Were impressions of it good from a technical standpoint? Some BC stuff I've tried has been real hit and miss, but I also haven't really tried it for larger games since it left the preview program.
There are a few youtube vids, playthroughs, etc.

So this means it's gonna be 1080P 60FPS? If not why would I want to play a game 6 years old and the only thing is its on a new machine with old flavor.

Now get excited if it was 4K 30 or 60 FPS on any machine, then we could have some good talks. Guess this is the world were little things excite people... 6 years to become backwards compatible and we are happy... I am getting old...
It's just an opportunity to replay or play for the first time an incredible game without having to have an old system connected.

It's not like it costs anything extra. They're not reselling it to you.

People are excited to revisit arguably the best game last gen not just some 6 year old game.

I mean an entire remastering from the ground up improving graphics, resolution and frame rates would have been nice but that seems like a lot of time/money better spent on the sequel.

Cheddahz

Banned
A lot of people in this thread seem entitled

Anyways, glad to see this game being supported on the Xbox One. I had a blast with it whenever I played it years ago and it's great that people get the chance to revisit or play it for the first time ever and I don't see how that's a bad thing

icespide

Banned

its okay dad

dLMN8R

That's not possible considering 360 was about as smooth and good as it could have been. Which means slowdown is towns is a negative and they need to fix it quick

It's almost as if the game wasn't ready to release yet, and now here we are months later, and Rockstar finally wants to release it properly!

Anyone play this when it leaked a few months ago? Were impressions of it good from a technical standpoint? Some BC stuff I've tried has been real hit and miss, but I also haven't really tried it for larger games since it left the preview program.

It performed pretty well. DF video analysis showed drops from a solid 30FPS on the 360 version to like 27-30FPS on the X1 backwards compatible version, but they said that because it does not suffer from screen tearing (unlike the 360 version) that this is normal.

Inuhanyou

It's almost as if the game wasn't ready to release yet, and now here we are months later, and Rockstar finally wants to release it properly!

Yep, glad they have been working on it since then enough to release it. Everyone needs to experience this masterpiece who owns an XB1, especially those who never played the game(although i dont see how that could be)

dLMN8R

Also it's still weird that the "no one plays backwards compatible games" meme is still so prevalent.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/four-more-xbox-one-backwards-compatible-games-arri/1100-6441431/

"To date, users have spent more than 100 million combined hours playing backwards-compatible games on Xbox One."

If the Xbox One has sold 20-25 million consoles right now, that means the average Xbox One owner has played 4-5 hours of 360 games. That's nothing to sneeze at especially if millions of people haven't played any.

gdt

I'm sure I own Undead Nightmare dlc, does that get me the whole game?

I'm not sure if I still have the disk....

I keep getting an error message when trying to purchase it.

Also, can I use the money in my account to pay for it? I don't see an option and I'm getting a little worried.

Edit: It's also giving me a discount for being a gold member, even though my membership ran out last month. I don't know whats going on lol.

Inuhanyou

Also it's still weird that the "no one plays backwards compatible games" meme is still so prevalent.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/four-more-xbox-one-backwards-compatible-games-arri/1100-6441431/

"To date, users have spent more than 100 million combined hours playing backwards-compatible games on Xbox One."

If the Xbox One has sold 20-25 million consoles right now, that means the average Xbox One owner has played 4-5 hours of 360 games. That's nothing to sneeze at especially if millions of people haven't played any.

Not enough to make it a make or break feature for the new console generally speaking. But its nice to have, and helps with the ecosystem transfer, which is why both MS and Sony would have gone with it if PS4 was strong enough to emulate PS3 titles. Cell never would have allowed it though.

Shpeshal Nick

aka Collingwood
I'm tempted to pull the trigger on this. I got it free with PS Plus on PS3 a couple of years ago but given its BC, I'd rather own it.

But I have it a go back then and it didn't click with me. Should I give it a second chance? If I no longer like the GTA series, should I give Red Dead a second chance?

Does anyone else think that this might be a free game included in games with gold in the next six months? Even though it's on sale I would hate to spend the money and then see it listed for free. My backlog is so huge that I can wait.

Zeta Oni

Let's see how it runs considering how fucked up Reach and Mass Effect are

I'm currently on my second playthrough of Mass Effect and I don't know if its gotten any updates recently but the only performance issues come in during heavy combat areas, which sees the framerate dip well into the teens. However, I'm pretty sure that's how It performed on 360, and the Xbox One version now has the benefit of V Sync as well. Id say the BC version of the game performs better overall imo.

icespide

Banned
Does anyone else think that this might be a free game included in games with gold in the next six months? Even though it's on sale I would hate to spend the money and then see it listed for free. My backlog is so huge that I can wait.

it's less than $8. I don't mind paying $8 to play it now (Friday)

Unity2012

I'm so happy this is finally happening! Great news.

RDR is one of those games that one can pick up at any time and just roam around that gorgeous open world having crazy fun with mindless activities.

shandy706

Clicked on RDR and got a 600mb update. Expected an error.

Edit** Got excited, lol...it says to wait till release to launch.

image.php

Top Bottom