• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FFXV reversible cover revealed

jett

D-Member
PSY・S;209858595 said:
lol

latest

latest

latest

sure

wat

raven777

Even Japan, who has always kept the tradition of white background with a logo, is breaking that tradition and getting black background instead.

So now EU is confirmed to have black, every region is getting black background.

Caronte

NA is superior because the logo is centered the right way. You're not supposed to center the text of the logo like they've done with the EU one. See:

boxshot_uk_large.jpg

Edit: Wait, everyone is using the black one then? Well done, SE. But it should have been the official box art anyway.

wmlk

Even Japan, who has always kept the tradition of white background with a logo, is breaking that tradition and getting black background instead.

So now EU is confirmed to have black, every region is getting black background.

Seems like the right thing. I think it's a poignant change. Use the opposite colour and it's thematically strong.

Black background even in the EU? What utter bollocks.

Honestly, it's like SE are going out of their way to make me have as little interest in this game as possible.

Samimista

Looks better than the actual box art, to be honest.

At least better than the North American one. The Japanese box art is just perfect as is.

Wagram

Steelbook boxart is the worst because of the gigantic big blue letters that look like crap. Whoever designed that (not Amano's Art) is an imbecile.

TLS Lex

Did anybody happen to save a copy of the white background? I'm sad they've changed their mind/ it was a mistake ;-;

I mean, it looks good on the black background too but with the rest of the EU logos on a white background (aside from XIV) I was excited for the white for a minute there. Nostalgia times etc.

Samimista

Steelbook boxart is the worst because of the gigantic big blue letters that look like crap. Whoever designed that (not Amano's Art) is an imbecile.

Yeah, that's my one complaint about the steelbook boxart. It's hard to read the text.

I'm getting the Deluxe Edition, but only because I want a physical copy of Kingsglaive.

TheTux

I know, but still.

No, black backgrounds all around

Damn :(

Well I got the Deluxe Edition anyway.

BTW Does anyone know if the Deluxe Edition has A King's Tale too?

Edit: nevermind just checked my country's GameStop page, it got updated and it says that the Deluxe Edition contains everything the DayOne Edition has so it will contain A King's Tale too.

Muffdraul

Always loved this, especially as the back cover is just the Squaresoft logo. "We just made one of the most expensive, state of the art games ever, but all you need to know is who made it."

Totally, one of the boldest and cockiest marketing moves in gaming history. But they couldn't have been more right to do it.

Are you really going to get upset about a boxart?

I barely give a shit, but I would have liked the classic logo on white background, if only for nostalgia.

It'd be a small, insignificant detail, but one I'd have liked, which is more than I can say about most of the rest of the game I've seen so far.

So things are really changing since Eidos EU is doing the PR for all western Square Enix games? Someone here mentioned it.

I was always glad that previous EU titles were more similar to the japanese originals in terms of box art but it seems they will go full US for everything now. US box arts usually are the worst.

X2X0

To begin with, the official cover should've been the black one and the reversible one should have been the white.
that CG cover just screwed up everything ):

JP

I'll be downloading the PS4 game, but I do thing that the traditional European/Japanese white logo backgrounds always the best way to go with these games.

pages

Is there a website where I can buy standalone boxart covers? That JP cover is the fairest in the land.

Welp, at least everyone else gets to enjoy the superior black background. :D

Top Bottom