• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FFXV reversible cover revealed

jett

D-Member
Europe stays winning, keeping that tradition alive. I forgive ARR because XIV was originally going to have the white background until the reboot. XIII and Lightning Returns, well... At least XIII-2 did it properly. That trilogy is a mess anyway.

I'll be buying this digitally.

All of those look a lot better than the FFXV cover. The color scheme in the logo isn't doing it for me. It's all just too dark.

sublimit

Banned
Lol, this discussion is reminding me of this super offensive PSP poster:

PlaystationWhite.jpg

I still can't believe that this got approved and went public....

Europe stays winning, keeping that tradition alive. I forgive ARR because XIV was originally going to have the white background until the reboot. XIII and Lightning Returns, well... At least XIII-2 did it properly. That trilogy is a mess anyway.

I'll be buying this digitally.

I hate american focus testers.

Eccocid

There is something off with that Amano art and type. Not that art is wrong or anything. It looks like they put some photoshop effects on it like bevel and it looks ugly.

Despera

Banned
The black backdrop goes better with the game imo.
While this is true... the white background works better with the logo.

I think white background is better overall.

btw, I haven't been following this game that closely, but who is the character in the logo? I presume it's the blonde girl, Luna I think was her name?

Kuraudo

Banned
While this is true... the white background works better with the logo.

I think white background is better overall.

btw, I haven't been following this game that closely, but who is the character in the logo? I presume it's the blonde girl, Luna I think was her name?

It's Etro. The dumb goddess who made the FFXIII sequels happen.

I love the sequels, so she done good,

Go_Ly_Dow

So they've deleted the tweet and FB post of this.

If this is some kind of marketing blunder and we don't actually get these reversible covers... then oh my.....

_woLf

I would have prefered the Japanese one with the band on the road.
Ce2VKOKUEAEqOyr.jpg

Better sense of an epic journey incoming.

Yeah, this is honestly the best cover of any available for the standard game. Even better than the plain backgrounds with the logo.

ZeroX03

Banned
The logo blends into the background of the Japanese cover the best, but mostly because it's pretty poor logo for a Final Fantasy. Thicker strokes and outlining. Doesn't fit in.

Plain white still the champ.

Yeah, this is honestly the best cover of any available for the standard game. Even better than the plain backgrounds with the logo.

Someone in the MGS community (Shagg) did custom covers and mailed them to the people who paid him. So it can be done.

Philippo

Admit that the logo works better with the black background (after all it was inteded this way), but i think it would be thematically wrong to have it like that: the black background worked well when Versus was meant to be a darker, opposed to the mainline FF game. Now that it is XV, it would stand out in a weird way, considering they actually toned down some elements of the game to make it more fitting for the mainline saga.

So they've deleted the tweet and FB post of this.

If this is some kind of marketing blunder and we don't actually get these reversible covers... then oh my.....

Maybe it's because the back ones aren't finalized yet? The US one looks like a WIP.

ZeroX03

Banned
Final Fantasy XV @FFXVEN
The #FFXV cover features a reversible sleeve so you can choose your cover!
(reversible cover will be black in NA/EU)

They just took white away from Europe. Get fucked.

Still buying digital, still doesn't affect me lol

Byvar

Final Fantasy XV @FFXVEN
The #FFXV cover features a reversible sleeve so you can choose your cover!
(reversible cover will be black in NA/EU)

https://twitter.com/FFXVEN/status/753266745654251520
That's pretty good actually, the logo looks pretty bad on white this time around. Now let's hope they delete their tweet again and repost it an hour later saying the logo on black cover is the default one, and the CGI one is reversible.

Top Bottom