• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF AUGUST 2016 Pick-Up Post! Show Us Your Gaming Goods + MORE! (REAL PICS ONLY)

Just got these today. Mahogany VR stands for HTC Vive and Oculus Rift from Bovenwerk.

ZeADIEdl.jpg

Vive left, Rift right.

zh46NbLl.jpg

4iHSnnol.jpg

yOVByXil.jpg

OcfroQKl.jpg

Even a slot for the Oculus Remote.

u1KYUnul.jpg

wKeS9FPl.jpg

GTjRd1Bl.jpg

AlfaTrion

Here are my June/July pickups. July was slow so but June was pretty good!

These were always on my wishlist but after Kevin Larabee kept pimping HG101's stuff I pulled the trigger. I wish the Castlevania one was more easily available in Canada for a decent price.

More reading

I literally ordered this 2 weeks before they anounced the 1080 :(

And now the gaaaaames!

After getting the new card I grabbed Doom from Steam. This game rocks!

Got this from Miitomo

Played Bloodstained: RotN after e3. Seems great so far! I hope they fix the framerate issues.

This was an e3 preorder from last year but I returned it to Amazon...

... for THIS. I realized there was no 3D on the 3DS version. I am VERY happy with the new copy.

Pre'd the Wii U version and got my Kickstarter version on PSN

My former co-worker gave me all of his old PC games! These are only some of them!

And finally, had my GF's parents pick up some orders for me while they were in Japan visiting their other daughter.

So far, I've only picked up some new music:

16395413-72D5-4F4E-A33B-4B7B7C592463_zps8v9nnfym.png

I ordered the physical 2-disc CD and got a digital download but also decided to buy the OST off iTunes as well.

* Not pictured:
ABZÛ OST (digital)
ABZÛ (PSN)

Evo X

That's a sexy monitor. Been looking to sell off my LG34UMP94 to get one of those. How are you liking it?

Best monitor I've ever owned. Had an ASUS PG278Q prior this. Incredible colors and the wide aspect fills my entire vision in games. 100hz is fast enough for my purposes. Games that have proper 21:9 support look jaw dropping. Great for productivity too as I can have 3 tabs open side by side.

Marche90

pVdrI2m.jpg

Got myself a new car :)

Glad to see I was not the only one here this month!

Took this one when I went to the dealership to pick it up

2017 Kia Rio LX. First car, and so far so good. I like how it handles, although I'm still having some issues getting used to the MT (here in Mexico we don't get a model with AT, sadly)

Got a PS3 12GB Slim today for only $99 using Target's cartwheel app 50% off deal, unfortunately they were out of 500GB systems so will need to get a cheap hard drive, still a great deal:

YLaVw4C.jpg

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.

I still can't believe I bought The Adam's Family Complete for just €10.
It's been a good week for budgethunting.

Really looking forward to playing Tokyo Mirage Sessions. Gotta finish Chrono Trigger first, though. Almost done. Major LTTP and it's awesome.

Watched a couple of episodes from Supernatural S01, never seen the show before. It kinda feels like The X-Files and Angel had a baby and went on a roadtrip.
Awesome 67 Impala and soundtrack. Loving it so far, it's a great surprise.

TheMoon

Watched a couple of episodes from Supernatural S01, never seen the show before. It kinda feels like The X-Files and Angel had a baby and went on a roadtrip.
Awesome 67 Impala and soundtrack. Loving it so far, it's a great surprise.

Having Ben Edlund on staff definitely helps with that ;D

Englebert3rd

Unconfirmed Member
Here's a some stuff I've found at a car boot/flea market and CEX (only the top three games on the left) for a good £26:

Aq9zJ5e.jpg

Can't believe the DS with pouch, charger and games was for £3! It's even in great condition.

SCB3

qDRDGXb.png

SU2wzzk.png

Both Digital

Actually traded in my launch Vita to Game for £58 and got download codes for these 2 with change, so I'm happy with that

Overwatch on PC is SO much better over the PS4 version, so fluid, sucks I have to start my progression again but I'm level 5 within 2 matches with Soldier '76 and D.VA

Edit: Changed stock images to actual screenshots

This month will be short on buys, because my gf and I just moved to a new apartment (that's technically my real pick-up this month, haha). Got a good deal on both and Nocturne was brand new, so I'm really happy with these.

Games.jpg

I also bought 11 Overwatch loot boxes, and while I'm mildly ashamed for being caught in the sucker's whirlpool of RNG gambling, I got the weightlifter Zarya skin, young Ana skin, enough cash to buy the architech Symmetra skin I wanted, and most of the cool summer sprays (really like golfing Soldier 76 and ping pong Mei), so I'm pleased.

Got myself a new gaming headset, these were only $30 and support 7.1 surround sound.

I played this with ABZU and was blown away.

CpG5yesUEAAYuBf.jpg:large

Justinh

Eh...
I thought he made it quite clear in the OP (of every thread I've seen in this series)
NeoGAF AUGUST 2016 Pick-Up Post! Show Us Your Gaming Goods + MORE! (REAL PICS ONLY)

Post ACTUAL pictures! No one cares to see pictures they can find on google images....

Post ACTUAL pictures! No one cares to see pictures they can find on google images....

6434662657_d8e641d917_o.jpg
I've seen people post screenshots of the purchase of the game in steam or even just a picture of the monitor with the game. I don't think people mind either of those.

Update to my previous post:

I might be getting carried away with these...
28efoBj.jpg

I have 6 more arriving today (the next five in DBZ -[16-20] and the first of the Dragon Ball set ). Looking to complete it next month and get a bunch of the color versions too. 4 and 7 should show up in the next couple days... hopefully.

Weird. I've been watching the show for more than 25 years now, and I never read the comics (mangas, whatever). I like it because one thing I hated about the show is when you got an episode with crummy drawings. You know what I mean.

edit:
please excuse the crummy phone picture. Apparently I let my camera battery die. Whoops! I put a couple of those books in a backwards order.

All I need now are the last six, and I can get started on the Dragon Ball (proper) series and the color DBZ books. (well, after 4 and 7 show up. Seems like the next couple days judging from the tracking numbers...)

Darkstalkers:The Complete OVA Collection and Lupin the 3rd: Voyage to Danger

Man, thank you for posting this. Gotta buy Darkstalerks, I've had just one of the original DVDs for over 10 years now with no hope of ever finding the other part again. THis is only $20! Are there any improvements?

Ohh, and as for what I got this month... The Xbox One S deadl off newegg with DOom QB and Halo 5 CE (all of which I already owned).

ta155

I won an industry award at the end of July and used some of the money that came with it to treat myself. An expensive month already, so I don't plan on buying anything else...

First up is the headline purchase: Samsung KS7500 49" for my bedroom. Gorgeous TV, picked it up as part of a big rejig of my room layout so I'll pop some more pictures in the 'Show us your setup thread'.

20160809_181111.jpg

Disappointed to hear the mixed response to The Killing Joke but was only £12 with a pretty cool looking figure, so I decided to bite.

20160809_175103.jpg

And No Man's Sky came a day early! Hype!

20160809_175116.jpg

bdiddy6

Neo Member
First post ever on GAF. Feels right to do it here. Joined this gens console wars with a birthday gift to myself.

AgZ3AME.jpg

So first off, as my thread in OT stated this little guy showed up at my door on Sunday.

28585973890_08ee24413c_c.jpg

28585981940_62a6fb6f54_c.jpg

28794571421_79b7a132b0_c.jpg

Also got the Corner Deli:

28870479025_35e0b0e483_c.jpg

28769847302_ce77a19e0a_c.jpg

Not pictured (because the pic was blurry): Anker PowerPort+ 5 USB-C

Top Bottom