• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF AUGUST 2016 Pick-Up Post! Show Us Your Gaming Goods + MORE! (REAL PICS ONLY)

Laws00

Got a PS3 12GB Slim today for only $99 using Target's cartwheel app 50% off deal, unfortunately they were out of 500GB systems so will need to get a cheap hard drive, still a great deal:

YLaVw4C.jpg

is this deal still going?

Rich!

my pickups...some big, some small

l86eysFl.jpg

got a USA copy of goldeneye for cheap

dhy3IRhl.jpg

PAL psone, boxed with controller and RGB scart cable for £20 on ebay. bought a onechip modchip for it (£7 total) and soldered that in so I can play my NTSC games

YqJwN7Wl.jpg

tAUxYAWl.jpg

cwwmcWtl.jpg

framemeister

xSzy2Ofl.jpg

solder points on the back (one left to do when I took this photo. The module connected with red wire is the RGB amp)

69SNdqjl.jpg

lastly, I installed one of these mods a while back on another SNES but was putting off installing it on my own RGB modded SFC Jr for a while. And then I didn't even have a suitable optical cable - but I do now.

It's an optical audio output module for the Super Nintendo. It basically takes the audio directly from the SPC sound chip, bypassing the DAC on the SNES resulting in pure lossless audio. Theres no digital to analog conversion with this - just the pure sound that the SNES generates. It's absolutely incredible on my set up. I've taken some recordings of Chrono Trigger tracks, directly from the console, as I obviously can't show it in pictures:

secret of the forest

battle with magus

battle 1

battle 2

these are all recorded directly from the digital output of my SNES.

Got a PS3 12GB Slim today for only $99 using Target's cartwheel app 50% off deal, unfortunately they were out of 500GB systems so will need to get a cheap hard drive, still a great deal:

YLaVw4C.jpg

Yo! Thanks for saving me the effort of posting my own pic (I really need to get an Imgur account...)

I got the same exact thing. For the same exact reason you mentioned. I took the very last PS3 they had at my Target. :-D

PS: Remember if you're going to install an internal hard drive, you need mounts or something. The first or second Amazon review of this PS3 is pretty good and tells you exactly what you need to do.

IbukiLordSA

Just picked up these on special:

$1 each and Evil Within was $3 lol

They had The Uncharted Collection 1tb PS4 bundle for $180 but by the time I got there it was sold out :( would have bought another as backup at that price.

gnM95ui.jpg

AlfaTrion

my pickups...some big, some small
sweet post man! i'm hoping to get RGB out of my non -1-chip SNES but I'm not getting any video even via composite.

That's a convo for another thread tho.

Your soldering is great, but are those resisters safe? Or did you cover them after?

Rich!

sweet post man! i'm hoping to get RGB out of my non -1-chip SNES but I'm not getting any video even via composite.

That's a convo for another thread tho.

Your soldering is great, but are those resisters safe? Or did you cover them after?

Yeah, I heat shrunk them last night. And thanks but imo my soldering is pretty poor on that optical module...my iron was dying and I had to make do with inconsistent heat and forced to use an oversize tip. Managed it though but it could have been significantly cleaner.

My pictures are so dark. Like my name.

The thing in the middle is the tablet from my new P series Vizio. I got some other PC parts but I don't have the boxes anymore. Some of this stuff is from last month, and that is actually a second copy of Cold Steel because someone stole my other. (Along with all my other PS3 games rip.)

marcincz

August so far is PlayStation month for me.
New pick-ups:

6UGdsay.jpg

Seller said: Dante's is like new. Well, maybe he forgot to mention, that box is little tired.

Next I've bought this:
4rffsDo.jpg

First Bakuman was great, hope 2nd will be great too.

The last purchase, but my favourite in this month:
LtjKCrb.jpg

Yup. 5x this same game. Brand new and sealed.

EhFG0iS.jpg

QpXmSTI.jpg

Vita stuff, Syndicate, and a new cast iron skillet

Me and my GF use exclusively cast iron and exclusively Lodge brand. Best brand. We got rid off all out our pots/ pans with the exception of a few for boiling water. Out Lodge collection is about 15 pieces deep. Just never use soap and keep it well seasoned. Our oldest one is so seasoned that nothing sticks to it.

illusionary

how on earth is this game rated both PEGI 7 and PEGI 12?!

edit: oh, UAE copy is PEGI 12 ...

It seems that there's more down this rabbit-hole than we might have thought: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...ion-has-online-play-icon-hidden-under-sticker

No Man's Sky limited edition has online play icon hidden under sticker
UPDATE: Sony blames "production issue".

UPDATE 5.10pm: Sony has told Eurogamer that the online play and increased age rating featured on limited edition No Man's Sky packaging is a "production issue".

The original icons - now hidden under a sticker - were incorrect, the publisher continued. Here is Sony's statement in full:

"Incorrect descriptors were incorporated into the original No Man's Sky limited edition packaging," a company spokesperson said. "This was a production issue and was rectified using placement stickers."

ORIGINAL STORY 10.10am: The European limited edition of No Man's Sky features an icon on its box advertising online play - which has now been covered up by stickers.

On the surface, the stickers say PEGI 7 with a warning for mild violence.

Peel the sticker back and the box beneath reads PEGI 12, with the mild violence warning, and the icon showing online play is available.

Confusion over the inclusion - or not - of proper online play has dominated fan discussion since No Man's Sky released. This latest news does not help.

Images quickly appeared popped up online of No Man's Sky owners peeling back the stickers and being surprised at what's underneath.

PCGamesN has confirmed with retailers that the stickers are on European limited edition boxes in the UK and abroad.

As far as anyone knows, No Man's Sky features no multiplayer although you can register discoveries to a central server. These are then visible to other players.

Before launch, No Man's Sky creator Sean Murray said the whole multiplayer issue was moot since it was infinitely unlikely two players would ever meet in the game's universe.

However, this happened on the game's first day.

The two players could not see each other, although Murray later wrote on Twitter that there may be more to player interaction than we can currently see, due to servers being too busy.

One reading of this would be that, whatever players meeting actually does, it simply isn't working yet due to the number of player discoveries currently hogging server traffic.

Regardless, the limited edition boxes do nothing to quell the fury of some fans convinced No Man's Sky has launched without a key component they were expecting.

So, why do the boxes have a sticker? Was it simply a mistake, or is something else going on?

It's likely that limited edition boxes' were printed earlier than the regular edition due to their extra packaging.

And while some fans have taken the change as evidence for cut content, the PEGI 12/online play icons may just be the ratings which Hello Games expected the game to get, before PEGI informed the developer of its final decision.

We've asked Sony what's going on.

jbueno

Cross-posting from the Super Nintendo Collecting thread.

Alright, got me some new Super Famicom games, at about $20 a piece. Couldn't be happier it really scratched that SFC itch, though I still ned a SFC System.

MizzouRah

What is that note over to the right?

It was a thank you note from the Be The Match foundation. The program I manage made a decent contribution to the organization. I'm on the registry, and still haven't been notified as a donor, but hopefully one day. Everyone should look into the organization and enter into the donor registry.

JLynn

Had store credit at a Store I had to use before I move away in a month.

Pink GBA

Sega stuff

Turbografx games

NES Action Set (100% complete right down to the two 75-3000 ohm adapters for older TV sets)

Chairhome

It was a thank you note from the Be The Match foundation. The program I manage made a decent contribution to the organization. I'm on the registry, and still haven't been notified as a donor, but hopefully one day. Everyone should look into the organization and enter into the donor registry.
It took me about 6 years before I actually matched someone and I donated. So it may still happen. I donated twice to the same person and they still didn't make it, but they were thankful that I was able to prolong his life for a while.

Top Bottom