• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Red Dead Redemption |OT| Whistling Morricone in the desert

Chrange

Banned
Zeliard said:
I can already tell that it's going to be a struggle for me to get through the story missions. I have a huge weakness in interesting open-world games when it comes to that. I just veer off path constantly and get distracted by cool things. I never finished the GTA 3 games specifically due to that.

Oblivion, also, I never beat the main quest. Only did like one of those quests, and spent far more hours doing other stuff.
Yeah, just don't bother with the missions as you'll never do them :lol

You'll be on the way to a mission start (shown by a letter on the map) and a random encounter will happen. You'll wrap that up and see a flower patch to go gather up, then see an animal you need to kill for a Sharpshooter rank. After all that you'll get back on track and head for the letter only to see vultures circling a spot and know something's going on over there...

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
chubigans said:
Some PS3 shots (the feed is 720p but the compression is pretty bad, but heres the link: http://multiplayer.it/video/red-dead-redemption-per-ps3/red-dead-redemption-videorecensione.lo/)
aa9nkk.gif

I've read a ton of speculation as to if big foot is going to make a cameo in the game. What does GAF think? Will you hunt bigfoot?

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
Mad_Ban said:
Hard pressed to find a clean/jaggy edge on that.

Damn you compression!
There are some good spots for jaggy-related counting, but I just deleted the video. Redownloading now. :\

But the video itself is a mess compared to some direct feed footage out there.

jett

D-Member
chubigans beat me to the punch, but I captured some images from the high quality 720p mp4 available for download at multiplayer.it(VLC wasn't working correctly, so I just prntscrn'd them):

Untitled-5.jpg

Untitled-4.jpg

Untitled-8.jpg

I'm no professional pixel counter, but the obvious jaggies on the dice seem to indicate that is indeed a sub-HD game. Plenty of shimmering jaggies on the edges during the video as well, which can only be noticed in motion. Framerate seems to be pretty stable, at least.

Meh.

Tired of getting shafted by developers.

Mad_Ban

chubigans said:
There are some good spots for jaggy-related counting, but I just deleted the video. Redownloading now. :\

But the video itself is a mess compared to some direct feed footage out there.
If its the same video I was watching before then it had horrible macro-blocking.

Why can't sites just give us the raw png/jpegs like Digital Foundy do...

EDIT: The jaggies on the thumb looks precariously "soft".

FrankT

RbBrdMan said:
aa9nkk.gif

I've read a ton of speculation as to if big foot is going to make a cameo in the game. What does GAF think? Will you hunt bigfoot?

Pshh, am I going to hunt him. Dag gum right I'm going to hunt him.

No idea if this is true, but I heard you could make your own outfit from his hide

GOTF

Pucc

Banned
jett said:
chubigans beat me to the punch, but I captured some images from the high quality mp4 available for download at multiplayer.it:

-- pics --

I'm no professional pixel counter, but the obvious jaggies on the dice seem to indicate that is indeed a sub-HD game. Plenty of shimmering jaggies on the edges during the video as well, which can only be noticed in motion. Framerate seems to be pretty stable, at least.

Meh.

10/10 BUY BUY BUY!!! :lol
Seriously...

sumo390

RbBrdMan said:
Fuck yes. That son of a bitch barely got away from me in San Andreas.

Teknoman

...I have no idea whats going on right now. The Playstation 3 IGN review is the exact same as the 360 except minor differences in the end scores?

Quincey

Banned
Pucc said:
No, but you better open your eyes before giving Rockstar another 69€.

lol, every report has said that the differences are hardly noticeable, but according to you we are all just blind. Seriously this place is fucking bad. Juniors are just killin it in these threads.

jett

D-Member
Dresden said:
No RDR comparison thread for all the asshats to congregate in?

Maybe this wouldn't be happening to the thread if R* hadn't hidden away the PS3 version all this time? Like, you know, asshats?

It's not really about comparisons, it's just about judging the quality of the PS3 port.

Darkman M

Teknoman said:
...I have no idea whats going on right now. The Playstation 3 IGN review is the exact same as the 360 except minor differences in the end scores?

People getting real stupid, like i said this thread was awesome 2 days ago.

MercuryLS

Banned
TheCardPlayer said:
GAF is shock full of fucking retards. Damn.

There's a subset of GAF that stopped enjoying games for what they are and instead have immersed themselves in this weird holy war, dickwaving bullshit. It's a damn shame.

scoobs

holy cow this thread is painful to read, theres literally no discussion going on other than "sub-HD" talk. No reason to read this anymore lol... you guys are ridiculous.

Pooya

jett said:
chubigans beat me to the punch, but I captured some images from the high quality 720p mp4 available for download at multiplayer.it(VLC wasn't working correctly, so I just prntscrn'd them):

*pic*

Meh.

hey jett. Do you have Media Player Classic? if yes open the video with that and use File->save as, print screen is really bad for taking shots from video.

deadbeef

zero margin said:
They may whine about stupid shit at gamefaqs but at least it has to do with the game not this anal retentive pixel counting bullshit.
And then they don't even play the games, they just argue over them.

wizword

Banned
scoobs said:
holy cow this thread is painful to read, theres literally no discussion going on other than "sub-HD" talk. No reason to read this anymore lol... you guys are ridiculous.
Sub-hd is important. The ign review link error is where gaf went full retard.

Quincey

Banned
jett said:
It's not really about comparisons, it's just about judging the quality of the PS3 port.

I really is all about comparisons though. If it was only PS3 people wouldn't be bitching about the quality.

Definity

B-Rad Lascelle said:
This is the best Deer Hunter game ever made.
Agree. I spent at least two hours last night doing nothing but hunting animals. I even bought bait and set it up while staying back hiding for the perfect shot. /geek :lol

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
scoobs said:

I'm trying to steer the talk to big foot but failing miserably. :/

Risette

A Good Citizen
Quincey said:
I really is all about comparisons though. If it was only PS3 people wouldn't be bitching about the quality.
I disagree. Look at how much bitching there was over Alan Wake when it was revealed to be (very) subHD.

Top Bottom