• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2016 - No Man's Sky will leave Mankind Divided

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
No interest in Nioh for me. Too many spiders.

Is there a chrome extension for Neogaf to hide threads? Tired of seeing NMS threads now

They announced it's releasing alongside the PS4 version. Also, XB1 isn't missing games because of not selling well enough, but because of games not selling enough to justify the cost.

Well part of the reason they don't sell enough is because the console isn't selling well either. But more to the point, I'm fairly sure games like Street Fighter or NMS (and several other indies) would sell enough to justify the cost of the port. So whether this is bad communication by MS or bad strategies, bad history or whatever... in the end it's gamers who are suffering and nobody (outside of crazy platform warriors) can be happy about this state of affairs.

Well part of the reason they don't sell enough is because the console isn't selling well either. But more to the point, I'm fairly sure games like Street Fighter or NMS (and several other indies) would sell enough to justify the cost of the port. So whether this is bad communication by MS or bad strategies, bad history or whatever... in the end it's gamers who are suffering and nobody (outside of crazy platform warriors) can be happy about that state of affairs.

It's also because the audience isn't there on Xbox. I mean, even if a game would sell 100k on Xbox and 50k on Steam, it would be more profitable on Steam for the digital only nature, no stocks to handle and the cheap cost to port on PC.

Day and date if there's a person with even a little bit of common sense at TK.
Probably 6 months late tho.

HAHAHAHAHA.
But yeah, if they had half a brain, it'd be a day and date release, especially after Dark Souls 3 amazing sales on Steam. And I could see it never landing on Steam too, just because lol KT.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=944860

Use it with Tampermonkey. You can even create a word filter to remove NMS threads.

yes, gaf is very readable when you come up with the right set of filters
FxLh3dVl.png

A7WGmpZl.png

Pt3JT89l.png

FpfsxP7l.png

h70dM6gl.png

1q8s9YEl.png

tVE3urRl.png

Look at all those comic book filters. That isn't to filter out a certain user who has a penchant for shitting up every comic thread with his long ass list of ban rules, is it?

It's funny because every time I think to go into one I remember they'll show up and ignore don't work when everybody quotes the damn thing.

Anywho, where the Nier page at?

Vlad

Is JC3+DLC worth 23usd?
OR does the game still perform bad

I didn't have any performance issues, but I just didn't like the game all that much. There are some great parts here and there, primarily the usual Just Cause stuff. The explosions are great, the wingsuit and the parachute are really fun, and it is rather enjoyable to soar into a base and start blowing everything up. That said, I still have a tough time recommending it. Things start to get old really quickly, and while there's a bit more variety in the bases and cities this time around, there are a lot less of them. The missions are pretty weak, as well. While they're not GTA4 bad, they're still forgettable.

Haven't tried any of the DLC, either.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
yes, gaf is very readable when you come up with the right set of filters

I'd have asked for a file of some sort

but way too many comic characters filtered :p

Look at all those comic book filters. That isn't to filter out a certain user who has a penchant for shitting up every comic thread with his long ass list of ban rules, is it?

It's funny because every time I think to go into one I remember they'll show up and ignore don't work when everybody quotes the damn thing.

Anywho, where the Nier page at?

Which user is this?

madjoki

Is JC3+DLC worth 23usd?
OR does the game still perform bad

I didn't have any performance issues, but I just didn't like the game all that much. There are some great parts here and there, primarily the usual Just Cause stuff. The explosions are great, the wingsuit and the parachute are really fun, and it is rather enjoyable to soar into a base and start blowing everything up. That said, I still have a tough time recommending it. Things start to get old really quickly, and while there's a bit more variety in the bases and cities this time around, there are a lot less of them. The missions are pretty weak, as well. While they're not GTA4 bad, they're still forgettable.

Haven't tried any of the DLC, either.

All three DLC are pretty much the same, can be copmleted in around 1.5h-2h.

- Do setup mission that open new area
- Do everything there
- Complete second mission
- Two first also add some challenges

So missions wise they are pretty boring. I also aren't too much into boats, so that's last DLC pretty much nullfied.

Mecha's were cool tho and wingsuit boosting improved that too.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Yeah but the game for consideration here is made by a defunct company and didn't sell well. The OST outsold the game itself by a lot.
Honestly I'd have more faith if it was FF related.

Otherwise glad Automata is coming!

Sure, but a port of the original is less of a gamble than a PC version of the sequel, plus Squeenix itself is no stranger to relatively successful belated ports. That we're getting one -- the less likely of the two -- all but confirms the other, from my (perhaps optimistic) perspective.

It's also because the audience isn't there on Xbox. I mean, even if a game would sell 100k on Xbox and 50k on Steam, it would be more profitable on Steam for the digital only nature, no stocks to handle and the cheap cost to port on PC.

I'm sure they can release digital only on Xbox too. Folks who really wanted to play a game would be grateful. Look, I'm sure clever people run the numbers and decide these things. I'm not denying there must be reasons for it. PC gamers were in the same situation a while ago and it's really not fun so I don't think that empathizing with fellow gamers who are dealing with it now is something that needs to be fought.

What if that's Stump's whitelist?

You might be onto something here. The background is white and everything!

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
Woo Nier Automata! And even day one, I definitely didn't expect that. Hope the first one comes to Steam too, I want to play that but I don't have a PS3 or 360 (I think it was also on 360 anyway).

people, buy ABZU! play ABZU, be enchanted by ABZU, meditate in ABZU and by ABZU
that is all
Agreed, game is great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom