• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2016 - No Man's Sky will leave Mankind Divided

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is more like Lara Croft go right? I didn't like Hitman Go.

seems so from what I've seen

also for people on PC and XB1 you can earn up to 5 Praxis Kits to use in Mankind Divided for doing various things in Deus Ex GO (uses your SE Account...not available for PS4)

3111072-file+aug+17%2C+12+58+08+pm.png

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member

also for people on PC and XB1 you can earn up to 5 Praxis Kits to use in Mankind Divided for doing various things in Deus Ex GO (uses your SE Account...not available for PS4)

Thaaaaaaat seems like a lot of work.

I didn't feel particularly limited on Praxis Kits in HR, hopefully that won't change with this one.

Grief.exe

I'm interested in Mafia 3. I'm just so behind on games (I'm only now playing Shadow of Mordor) that I don't want to muster up too much excitement for something I won't play for a long time.z

Seems odd to me to compare Mafia 3 and No Man's Sky though when the context of each game's content is so very different for experience. I wouldn't go into Mafia 3 for example wanting an exploration game where I can casually sit back and listen to podcasts while I discover new vistas after all, as that would be more interesting to me at that specific time as it would be my desire.

I think how the game was presented was secret enough that people's imagination went wild and deluded themselves into something it wasn't.

I remember discussing the gameplay looked shallow a couple years ago. Didn't make me less interested, just changed my outlook.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
I'd be more excited for Mafia 3 if I hadn't played Mafia 2.

The game is very competent but also very boring.

Corpekata

Banned
It doesn't really look like Mafia 2 is going to have a ton in common with 3 really. Totally different devs, clear focus on the open world rather than the linear story, seems more bombastic in general.

Really it seems like all 3 games in the series are going to end up pretty different.

Hektor

I don't know what the reviews are havin', Grow Up has been nothing but a bliss so far.

I guess you just can't be considered a good videogame anymore until you feature badly written oscar bait.

Wok

I lost all faith in the Mafia series after playing those DLC for Mafia II. You hook me with the promise of a good background story for a few of the secondary characters, and all I get is a remake of State of Emergency on PS1 with what could have been procedurally generated missions.

I don't know what the reviews are havin', Grow Up has been nothing but a bliss so far.

I guess you just can't be considered a good videogame anymore until you feature badly written oscar bait.

Closer to 7/10 now.

Amzin

That seems like a significant boost for doing something outside the game? Dunno how I feel about that.

Vuze

That's pretty neat. I'm probably part of the problem but I like being able to do stuff on the go (hrhr) that helps in some way or another in the game I'm currently involved in, aka companion app thingy.
Not quite the same with Deus Ex GO but I think I might just pick it up. Really enjoyed the other GO games.

On a less related note, I just played through the new Hitman episode and I'm kinda surprised how the art team is able to astonish me every single time. I just love the artstyle and lightning. Can't wait for the Japan episode, I hope it takes place in some rural region and a religious temple of sorts. That'd be cool.
But I think USA is up first anyway. Kinda intrigued to see what they'll do with that setting, I don't really have a firm image in mind when I think about the US in terms of typical locales.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Frustrated_Grunt, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

The Beginner's Guide -- MB-02C4418C736D8095 - Taken by Accoun. 5 entrants total.

t1471553140z1.png

AHA-Lambda

This is more like Lara Croft go right? I didn't like Hitman Go.

They all share a lot of similarities ultimately, with similar mechanics and all being puzzle games but yeah it feels closer to Lara Croft GO than Hitman GO I'd say.

FWIW, this one has the least emphasis of the 3 games in side content.
Outside of the Praxis Kit stuff there is nothing else, whereas Hitman GO had side objectives and Lara Croft GO had collectibles/unlocks.

Sendou

Yeah for some reason it feels like there is a lot of hype for Below? If they can afford it I think they should take their time for sure.

Grief.exe

Yeah for some reason it feels like there is a lot of hype for Below? If they can afford it I think they should take their time for sure.

The game looks amazing, plays amazing, and those type of games appeal to huge portions of the PC demographic.

Capy is smart to delay the game and release the best product possible, because they have the potential for a huge hit on their hands.

Mivey

I'm fairly certain the reviews are from people who haven't played the first game and simply don't want to adapt to the distinct control scheme and level design. Professional reviews have gotten so meaningless for me the last couple of years. I mean, I might check Metacritic to see if the game has mainstream appeal (80 or more) but that's it.

Nzyme32

Not shocked but at this point I have to wonder what they delays are for, and that in turn takes away confidence in both the game and Capy. I'm simply going to ignore the game until there are reviews. It looks so much like something I would love but with so many steps back, I'll be more sceptical than I am with most games. Either way good on them for making the tough call. Much like Valve games, I like the quiet approach like many authors and musicians, to just let the creative and development process have their time (when affordable) and speak when things are certain so people can really gain insight and confidence in what is being produced and what it offers people

Hektor

eh capybara is a small company

i'm cool with them taking their time

Capybaras are wonderful animals. I want to cuddle them to death.

giphy.gif

uCAPa4Y.gif

qKLpuFr.gif

A gamestudio called capybara can do no wrong.

I'm fairly certain the reviews are from people who haven't played the first game and simply don't want to adapt to the distinct control scheme and level design. Professional reviews have gotten so meaningless for me the last couple of years. I mean, I might check Metacritic to see if the game has mainstream appeal (80 or more) but that's it.

I agree, but it's still kinda sad to see good games getting mediocre to bad reviws, as that will surely impact its sales overall.

I'm not sure why folks are surprised about the lack of hype for Mafia 3. Aside from the fact that it's a couple of months away and marketing hasn't really kicked in yet, the series isn't particularly popular either. The first Mafia game was great but it got completely overshadowed by Vice City. We didn't get Mafia 2 until 8 years later and that project was infamous for all the production troubles they had. The result was a game with parts of the story cut out and an empty open world with almost nothing to do in it (much like LA Noire, another game notorious for having a development problems). The game wasn't much of a critical or commercial success either, so by all conventional logic the series should have died after the second one. We're pretty lucky that we're even getting a third one at all and if you're a fan of the series (like I am), you should just be grateful that you get to play another Mafia at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom