• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2016 - No Man's Sky will leave Mankind Divided

Status
Not open for further replies.

zkylon

zkylewd
That's an incredibly apt description of DXHR. It went from OK to bad to why in a few short turns.

i'd still say my overall impression of dxhr was pretty good and at 35 bucks i'm def gonna make the bet on dxhr2

it's not quite dishonored, but dishonored was also not quite thief

but they're all close enough

and that all sounds kind of bad but i love these kinds of games and close enough is definitely a reason to be excited for me

i'd still say my overall impression of dxhr was pretty good and at 35 bucks i'm def gonna make the bet on dxhr2

it's not quite dishonored, but dishonored was also not quite thief

but they're all close enough

and that all sounds kind of bad but i love these kinds of games and close enough is definitely a reason to be excited for me

DXHR has many faults, but I also think it was good. Perhaps as good as it is bad, which makes it a really good time overall.
Which ending did you guys choose in Deus Ex:HR?

The one I chose... eh... I don't think it matters.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Looks like I hit a bug in Darkness 2 that won't allow me to continue on Chapter 13. The lil demon is supposed to get me gas tanks to blow the door. He keeps getting stuck...

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Sitting here wondering who else is a closeted wow player after the grief reveal. Lain does but hes open about it.

Tellaerin

ii think there's definitely room to be like "hey fuck developers/publishers for all the bullshit they promise and don't deliver". i respect that, that's cool, i'd be upset too if i was promised a game and gotten another. in no way ppl should be like "it's gamers' fault for falling victim of the hype", there's a 50 million dollar marketing machine operating full force to get people in that state, while people should be less dumb about it, they're also fighting a much stronger enemy

my issue is when it's like, people actively enjoying seeing the whole thing fall apart

shouldn't we all be wishing for games to be their best?

the whole schadenfraude thing just bothers me a lot, and i say so as someone that's not innocent to that and just yesterday had a big laugh over metal gear survival whatever

hey, when it's funny it's funny!

but i also feel like there's an active disdain in like just doing gifs and pictures and more pictures and writing sarcastic remarks over and over that's just draining, specially when it happens with like so many games

and also, i feel a lot of these people being like "hey ff15 looks like shit" and are like "hey i want it to look like you promised" end up being like the biggest victims of this hype machine thing, because they buy into it, even if they genuinely "never really cared" or whatever, they actually do care right now about how bad it looks compared to some unreasonably good looking demo, and by acting like that you just keep telling publisher this is the kind of material i want to see and it just reproduces the same cycle over and over and over again

I'm not disagreeing with you. I just think that people here on NeoGAF, specifically, have been around the block a few times and should know that the final versions of games aren't guaranteed to look nearly as good as the devs promised. It's not like that should be news to anyone at this point.

And yes, the schadenfreude is draining to read. To me it feels like people are flipping the bird to not only the developers, but the people who are looking forward to that title and want it to be good. Reading posts like that makes me imagine some little kid crowing, "Oooh, that game you wanted to play so much is gonna suuuuuuuck! Burn!" I mean, I'll crack jokes and stuff myself when it looks like something's going to be ridiculous (see: Metal Gear Survive), but I'm not going to get all ecstatic because some game that people were looking forward to looks ready to flop/disappoint fans/whatever.

MikeDown

Banned
So GAF I have a question. I have a game that I want refunded, but the problem is earlier in the week I requested refunds for No Man's Sky and Mass Effect because I couldn't get it to work. If I request a refund for this 3rd game will I get flagged or anything, I don't want to abuse their system.

Tellaerin

Yeah but Deus Ex doesn't have a new galaxy clean slate. An ending must be referenced somehow.

The devs are probably just going to pick one ending to establish as canon moving into the sequel, which is the same thing they did going from DX to DX:IW.

DXHR has many faults, but I also think it was good. Perhaps as good as it is bad, which makes it a really good time overall.

I really enjoyed DX:HR. I think it turned out very well, which is a good thing considering the lack of high-profile sci-fi RPGs and ARPGs out there. It's not like there are a lot of choices. I mean, you can't throw a rock wtihout hitting a half-dozen big budget fantasy titles. Looking for space opera? If you've already played Mass Effect, you've got maybe a tiny handful of b-list games to choose from. Want a cool cyberpunk game? Once you're done with the Deus Ex games, the pickings are very slim. There's Shadowrun if you're into magic and monsters mixed in with your cyberpunk, which has always been a little... ehh for me - I prefer a more "pure" take on the material - but I'll take what I can get. (I'm really looking forward to Cyberpunk 2077, for obvious reasons.) I really wish RPG developers would start going a little further afield there.

Sitting here wondering who else is a closeted wow player after the grief reveal. Lain does but hes open about it.

I've got friends who play. Listening to them talk about it is about as close as I've ever wanted to get. Sounds like fun, but way too time-intensive and addictive for my taste. Figure I'll live vicariously through them, lol.

I was trying a no kill run in DX:HR and the game incorrectly charged me with a kill somewhere along the way. Once I got to the last couple missions I just started killing everyone.

So I probably chose the ending that hurt the most people.

inm8num2

Another hack - this time it's dlh.net.

If you've ever gotten free keys from there you may want to double check what info you had on your account (IIRC they required facebook likes to claim keys, so it's possible your email+name+facebook was taken). Steam account linking was possible but not necessary to claim keys.

Yet another reminder to use randomly generated passwords and alternate/throwaway email accounts or aliases for sites you don't use regularly. Also use throwaway social media accounts, fake names, fake dates of birth, etc.

yuraya

Finished up Grow Up in just under 8 hours. Got 98 out of 150 crystals and did like 15 out of the 40 challenges. This game was incredible. Just as great if not better than the first. The sense of scale both horizontally and vertically is something else. Unmatched even by AAA games. Its such a shame 3D platformers aren't a thing anymore. Good thing Ubisoft is there to make a little gem like this series. Hopefully they never stop making them. Day 1 again next year for BUD if they release another.

Which ending did you guys choose in Deus Ex:HR?

I beat the game twice. I sided with Taggart on my first ending, because he seem reasonable.

On my replay just several days ago, I chose
the self destruction one.

Another hack - this time it's dlh.net.

If you've ever gotten free keys from there you may want to double check what info you had on your account (IIRC they required facebook likes to claim keys, so it's possible your email+name+facebook was taken). Steam account linking was possible but not necessary to claim keys.

Yet another reminder to use randomly generated passwords and alternate/throwaway email accounts or aliases for sites you don't use regularly. Also use throwaway social media accounts, fake names, fake dates of birth, etc.

Thank god I never participate in that kind of giveaways.

It's funny how everyone on GAF's like 'Okami! God Hand! Ace Attorney! Mega Man! Monster Hunter!' but Jawmuncher is the only one who gives us the hard hitting news on Dino Crisis.

Lomax

Thank god I never participate in that kind of giveaways.

dlh.net is a legit German gaming website, the keys they gave away were generally for older games like Enclave, not just straight bundle trash. It wasn't even close to the "give them my info and they'll be selling it on the black market" like some of the recent giveaway sites are. It's basically like saving the pc gamer giveaways are too risky. At that point, everything is risky.

Edit: Funny how the "good guy" in this article, LeakedSource.com, is the one extorting asking for money in order to see the "actual contents" of what was hacked, after telling you that your email was compromised.

Lain

Apparently the HDD which wasn't failing according to s.m.a.r.t. test and chkdsk stuff was actually failing. Managed to copy a lot of stuff but seems like it just died before I could backup my games. Should have backed up my wow stuff first, damnit.

Jawmuncher

Apparently the HDD which wasn't failing according to s.m.a.r.t. test and chkdsk stuff was actually failing. Managed to copy a lot of stuff but seems like it just died before I could backup my games. Should have backed up my wow stuff first, damnit.

This is what happened to my drive awhile back. It wasn't dead, but I could tell it was dying. So thankfully backed up my stuff.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
All I know is, I'm still waiting on Dino Crisis 3. Look at this fun mock up

250px-Dinocrisis3box.jpg

I am going in on Ass Creed IV again. I am not doing it for myself. Or Ubisoft. Or SteamGAF.

I am doing it for Ezio. He would want me to struggle on. And it that means I have to relive the life of another douchebag Kenway, then so be it.

All I know is, I'm still waiting on Dino Crisis 3. Look at this fun mock up

Shepard grew his hair out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom