• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2016 - No Man's Sky will leave Mankind Divided

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrgone

I don't see any difference but whatever. FEZ got updated to 1.12. It is a technical changelog, detailed with a blogpost including some spoilers.

What I noticed:
  • Scale mode options (full aspect, pixel-perfect or supersampling from nearest multiple of 720p)
  • No more letterboxing or pillarboxing (black bars), unless omitting them would cause an aspect ratio mismatch for the screen/internal resolution combo
]

By supersampling from a multiple of 720p it keeps the scaling looking even, similar to the pixel perfect option but on a wider range of resolutions.

Here are a couple of examples from your images:
qgnm6vm.png
vs
tunz8Va.png

Bm10GRE.png
vs
Fc9KRbu.png

It's a little fuzzier in the supersampled version, but the shape of the pixels is uniform.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
a bit late.

lok is a weak win95 port very hard to run outside of wmware-like w95 env. game cpu logic is broken for fast (read faster than 200mhz) cpu speed too.

rights may be a problem, but code too.

The good news is that the game doesn't exist in legal limbo. Silicon Knights disputed CD's ownership of the Kain IP but ultimately lost, so both the game and IP just changed hands to Eidos in 1998 and then Squeenix in 2009.

I cannot for the life of me remember what is eating my OS drive's space. Probably Sims stuff, anybody got a tool that easily and reliably shows the biggest files on a drive and their locations?

I'm proud of myself:

How much space do you even have on that. :p

It's just a 120GB drive (never got around to another SSD) but it's only used for OS stuff and I guess whatever Sims files expand from my girlfriend or stuff my roommate accidentally installs to it.

My 1TB HDD is fine though.

ggx2ac

I wanted to make a thread about the game Sayonara Umihara Kawase which is on Steam. Just wasn't sure if I should make it, reason is: It's a pretty niche game going by the sales data on Steamspy which is around 6k owners. So I guess the thread wouldn't be active for long. There was an OT for the Vita version but I noticed it was locked.

What I wanted to post in particular was a youtube video guide that I made titled: Understanding the Traversal Mechanics of Sayonara Umihara Kawase

Which explains the physics used in the game, (In particular: Laws of Motion, Pendulum motion, Hooke's Law)
I did it, so that maybe it could help people understand what they could try to do in the game. There's explanations and demonstrations throughout the video that is suppose to show that the game is a physics-based Puzzle-platformer and that the game is non-linear in the sense that there is no unique solution in trying to get to the end of a stage.

Of course if I made the thread I could write things to help explain the game in general for people who haven't played the game and its features. But then it sounds like a new OT for the game...

Anyway, so the point was I made this video guide to help people so that maybe they could actually finish the game so that possibly then maybe some positive word of mouth could bring more attention to the game series.

I thought the video would be the easiest way to spread exposure of it on YouTube but its obviously not viewed a lot. lol
I also made a steam guide but it hasn't got that many views either. I also checked the global steam achievements and only 3.5% of people unlocked all the stages in the game and 2.6% managed to find all the doors in the game.

I'm still confused about the rules in the TOS about self-promotion which is why I haven't posted the video link. I don't make any money off youtube and I'm not trying to promote my channel, I'm just wanting to bring attention to this game.

Edit: I forgot to mention that the game has a steep skill level which was the point of making the guide.

kagamin

I wanted to make a thread about the game Sayonara Umihara Kawase which is on Steam. Just wasn't sure if I should make it, reason is: It's a pretty niche game going by the sales data on Steamspy which is around 6k owners. So I guess the thread wouldn't be active for long. There was an OT for the Vita version but I noticed it was locked.

What I wanted to post in particular was a youtube video guide that I made titled: Understanding the Traversal Mechanics of Sayonara Umihara Kawase

Which explains the physics used in the game, (In particular: Laws of Motion, Pendulum motion, Hooke's Law)
I did it, so that maybe it could help people understand what they could try to do in the game. There's explanations and demonstrations throughout the video that is suppose to show that the game is a physics-based Puzzle-platformer and that the game is non-linear in the sense that there is no unique solution in trying to get to the end of a stage.

Of course if I made the thread I could write things to help explain the game in general for people who haven't played the game and its features. But then it sounds like a new OT for the game...

Anyway, so the point was I made this video guide to help people so that maybe they could actually finish the game so that possibly then maybe some positive word of mouth could bring more attention to the game series.

I thought the video would be the easiest way to spread exposure of it on YouTube but its obviously not viewed a lot. lol
I also made a steam guide but it hasn't got that many views either. I also checked the global steam achievements and only 3.5% of people unlocked all the stages in the game and 2.6% managed to find all the doors in the game.

I'm still confused about the rules in the TOS about self-promotion which is why I haven't posted the video link. I don't make any money off youtube and I'm not trying to promote my channel, I'm just wanting to bring attention to this game.

Edit: I forgot to mention that the game has a steep skill level which was the point of making the guide.

I ranked high on the leaderboards on one stage without knowing shit lol.

ggx2ac

I ranked high on the leaderboards on one stage without knowing shit lol.

Yeah, for some people they can get through the game just with instinct.

I realised I could do things when I applied physics to it, I got around 11th place on average for rankings in the Steam version. I am placed in the top 20 for all the stages but I don't compare to the Japanese players that have been playing the whole series for almost 20 years(?)

Edit: Actually maybe one or two I am not in 20th place because it is to do with extremely easy stages you can finish in one move that everyone gets on the ranking for it easily.

nah, here's the GOTY.

OU9dpQh.gif

I just finished this like ten minutes ago its actually really great. I definitely think the story plays it pretty safe most of the time, but the writing itself was good. I'm not entirely sure it works as a completely stand alone experience the way The Walking Dead season 1 does. Because of things I knew from playing the other Borderlands I made very different choices than I think I would have made otherwise. It actually leaves me pretty optimistic about the narrative stuff in Borderland 3, since this seemed to strike a pretty smart balance between the juvenile jokes and more mature moments. Hopefully Gearbox saw that and will incorporate that stuff into Borderland proper.

Tizoc

So in deus ex mankind united you can make
your own chocolate bars
!
Not really a spoiler but a neat little addition

Arthea

http://i.imgur.com/k03Xq47.jpg[/IMG

All highly not recommended.[/QUOTE]

hey! I like FootLOL you mean mean person
it's funny in own way and certainly not "omg so bad"

[quote="Chairmanchuck, post: 214204602"]Finally:

[img]http://cdn.steamstatic.com.8686c.com/steam/apps/412830/header.jpg?t=1471593723[/img

[url]http://store.steampowered.com/app/412830/[/url][/QUOTE]

finally! the high time! we almost died waiting

and starting September steam is finally complete
rejoice, steamgaf

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
The game is way more in depth than the anime and its really an enjoyable play even if you have watched the anime.

the game is choice based, so yeah, anime kinda pales in comparison, it's still great but a game is superior.

mkay... will give it a go sometime in the future, when it's a bit cheaper ;)

sigh

it is one of the best VNs, you know
and we don't even now the price yet!

maybe, but it will be 20€ at least I bet (Vita price), and even if the story is more complex than the anime and with different paths, I still already know a lot of it... and VNs are not really a genre I'm that into... I'm just a sucker for time travel stories

and I have loooots of other stuff to play... I'm in no hurry

Wok

The worst part about visual novels is having to constantly click to progress through the dialogue. Imagine the same procedure for watching a movie.

Just give me an option to set reading speed and auto-advance through all the dialogues, unless there is a decisive choice to settle for.

Aren't most visual Novels already doing that? I'm pretty sure they do.

Don't they usually have that? At least I remember Higurashi having auto read. Though I don't mind clicking, because depending on how tense a part is my reading super can fluctuate wildly.

Come on, do not tell me I am dumb. :D

Is it the case for Danganronpa or Zero Time Dilemma?

Edit: Maybe... I will check on these that I own.

rDc6jil.png

Hektor

The worst part about visual novels is having to constantly click to progress through the dialogue. Imagine the same procedure for watching a movie.

Just give me an option to set reading speed and auto-advance through all the dialogues, unless there is a decisive choice to settle for.

Aren't most visual Novels already doing that? I'm pretty sure they do.

Ascheroth

Don't they usually have that? At least I remember Higurashi having auto read. Though I don't mind clicking, because depending on how tense a part is my reading speed can fluctuate wildly.

Arthea

Don't they usually have that? At least I remember Higurashi having auto read. Though I don't mind clicking, because depending on how tense a part is my reading super can fluctuate wildly.

this, I much prefer my own pace of reading, which can vary greatly from very fast to rather slow and savoring.

oipic

Amplitude just announced that Endless Space 2 is hitting Early Access on Steam in September (at least I think they just announced this - pretty sure it's new news).

Great news - I wasn't expecting it to be available in any form so soon.

dex3108

More Sea of Thieves i see less interested i am. Game without goals and story are not for me unfortunately :/ But i really like world and visuals in SoT and some mechanics are nice. But in the end this is just another make your own adventure game (where 90% of time nothing interesting happens). Full SP game with invasions from other players would be much better option.

Oh well i hope that people who like these kind of games will enjoy.

Question, STEAMGAF !

Which are the worst games you played on steam ?

I expect Bad Rats level games

Bunker - The Underground Game

Hotel Collector's Edition

Reversion - The Escape (Chapter 1) (but it's free so you can't complain too much)

Regeria Hope Episode 1 (again, free, but not even worth your hour)

To the Moon (and I hesitate to even call that a game)

Jawmuncher

Reversion - The Escape (Chapter 1) (but it's free so you can't complain too much)

Ate you talking bunker as in the fmv game? Or am I mixing that up.

Arthea

To the Moon is a VN, it doesn't really makes sense to dislike it based on "not being a game".
Not that I like To the Moon for different reasons, just pointing out.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
More Sea of Thieves less interested i am. Game without goals and story are not for me unfortunately :/ But i really like world and visuals in SoT and some mechanics are nice. But in the end this is just another make your own adventure game (where 90% of time nothing interesting happens). Full SP game with invasions from other players would be much better option.

Oh well i hope that people who like these kind of games will enjoy.
Yep. Lost all interest in it.

L.O.R.D

http://steamcommunity.com/games/329490/announcements/detail/597111597469288312

Phantom Breaker: Battle Grounds now support Online Co-Op
and they fixed the Xbox one controller on W10

Phantom Breaker: Battle Grounds Kemomimi DLC and Multiplayer Release
19 August - RM Dev
Mutliplayer is now live
1.1.20 is now officially released, it adds:

Online multiplayer
Support for a number of DirectX controllers
Fix for Xbox One controller

We are aware of an issue when playing online with 3~4 players and one leave ending the session, and will continue looking for a fix.

Thanks to all players who helped with the Multiplayer beta to make it better!

Kemomimi Costume DLC released
You can now get the kemomimi costume for all 4 main characters!
To thank players for their patience, all current players have now received it for free.

fuck yes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom