• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Show us your gaming setup: 2016 Edition

Linius

Very nice setups guys!

Decided to post my own having pretty much just completed my main one.

TV:

65" LG OLED E6.

This TV is ridiculous! Best TV out right now, nothing can compare to OLED. Highly recommend if you are going for a new 4K TV as this thing will wow you for SD, HD, 3D, 4K, HDR and gaming! For reference as this is primarily a gaming site: http://uk.rtings.com/tv/reviews/by-usage/video-gaming/best - rated best TV out right now for gaming.

It also looks stunning switched off lol, the display itself is less than 3mm thick and printed on a sheet of glass! I hope I helped illustrate that with a 1 pence coin!

It also has a built-in custom Harman Kardon soundbar which for a TV sounds insane.

I won't lie it's not cheap but if you are like me and know you will keep this for a few years and demand quality then it's worth every penny. Mine even came with a 6 year warranty from LG direct. Check it out in stores you may get a bargain come Black Friday!

Hooked up to this TV:

Xbox (500gb HDD, coin-ops etc)
Xbox One Day One Edition (waiting for the S to come out in black!)
Xbox 360 Slim (glossy 250gb for online)
Xbox 360 Jasper JTAG (1tb, behind TV)
PS4 1tb
PS3 (Japanese launch 60gb CECHA00 modified running CFW with region-free PS1, PS2, PS3, PSP, SACD playback)
Nintendo Wii (Modified with WODE Jukebox for full Gamecube playback, 500gb, also behind TV)

In total via emulators, out-of-the-box functionality and modifications to the above systems, I have over 30 consoles available to play and controller-wise everything is wireless.

Also have a huge electronically reclining leather sofa that can comfortably hold 6 people, ideal for long gaming sessions.

I have many consoles that are not hooked up and will simply include some highlights of these which include my sealed 20th Anniversary PS4, completing the trinity of the originally announced PS3s from back at E3 2005 and my rare Sega D-Direct solid black Dreamcast all boxed, complete and mint:

I also have in another room a more retro non-HD setup with a 42" TV (N64, Dreamcast, PS2 etc) and a gaming PC which I will post when I clean it up a bit more!

Cheers.

Nice clean setup! As for the LG btw, love those screens but I still favour Samsung's KS8000. The LG does have insane black levels and very bright colors. But especially for the black levels it also loses a lot of detail in very dark scenes which is too bad.

Peltz

Here It goes my set up.It's under construction.
IGTGXhl.jpg

tAFZTMp.jpg
I didn't realize you could have a projector so close and still get such size out of it. How big is the display area?

Are you just displaying it on a wall or is there a screen that comes down?

Persian_McLovin

Neo Member
Nice clean setup! As for the LG btw, love those screens but I still favour Samsung's KS8000. The LG does have insane black levels and very bright colors. But especially for the black levels it also loses a lot of detail in very dark scenes which is too bad.

Thanks!

Whilst I have concluded that no TV is perfect I have yet to see anyone making that comparison, both on AV forums or reviews.

The very dark scene loss of detail you are talking about is down to 2 factors: the source content and having it professionally calibrated/tweaking settings. I have read hundreds of messages on AV forums alone and the only TV that can compare with the E6 is the Sony ZD9 (which most still would say the E6 trumps including most who have had both in their hands along with calibrators/reviewers) so not sure why you're comparing the KS8000...

Another factor is the panel lottery factor. Some are getting perfect panels (I was a lucky one) and others have received ones with terrible banding and vignetting etc...

I have to admit I do love the cheaper price and slightly better input lag of the Samsung though but as you can see on almost every review/owners threads for the E6, it's as close as a perfect TV you can get. Think if these TVs were half the price it would be a complete no-contest for every other TV manufacturer.

VERY nice! Love that E6! Got my eye on one to finally replace my 6020 Kuro, just waiting on a possible Black Friday sale from someone. Then again I may wait till CES and see what's coming out.

Thank you!

Great to see a Pioneer Kuro owner! Amazing line of TVs they were indeed. I was on the fence for 2 years with OLED as the Pioneer was that good but this E6 blew me away. Not just the reviews but seeing one in person I just found it truly jaw-dropping. There was even a Samsung rep in the store (as I was initially going to go for Samsung) and whilst he tried he admitted in the end the E6 was just in a different league. If you can get a good deal on one then totally go for it, you will not have any regrets. This is the only TV worthy of replacing a Kuro.

Dave_6

Great to see a Pioneer Kuro owner! Amazing line of TVs they were indeed. I was on the fence for 2 years with OLED as the Pioneer was that good but this E6 blew me away. Not just the reviews but seeing one in person I just found it truly jaw-dropping. There was even a Samsung rep in the store (as I was initially going to go for Samsung) and whilst he tried he admitted in the end the E6 was just in a different league. If you can get a good deal on one then totally go for it, you will not have any regrets. This is the only TV worthy of replacing a Kuro.

I've owned my Kuro since 2008 when I bought it new, yet I never got around to getting it professionally calibrated. I've been thinking about still getting it done as I've noticed elevated black levels along with the reddish tinted blacks. If I do get an E6, the Kuro won't be leaving my house so a calibration still may be worth it. Especially if I decide to wait till next year to get an OLED.

I looked at an E6 in Best Buy a few weeks ago and I just stared in amazement at how slick everything about it looks. Such a beautiful display.

Persian_McLovin

Neo Member
Your curtains look a little short. ;) Excellent setup though!

LOL indeed, can blame the wife for that though ;) haha.

Thank you!

I've owned my Kuro since 2008 when I bought it new, yet I never got around to getting it professionally calibrated. I've been thinking about still getting it done as I've noticed elevated black levels along with the reddish tinted blacks. If I do get an E6, the Kuro won't be leaving my house so a calibration still may be worth it. Especially if I decide to wait till next year to get an OLED.

I looked at an E6 in Best Buy a few weeks ago and I just stared in amazement at how slick everything about it looks. Such a beautiful display.

It is incredible, either way you will be happy but if you can get an E6 soon it will be a most worthy investment :)

Linius

Not as fancy as some of you, but here goes.

Living the true student life with an almost exclusively Ikea furnished apartment.

TV: Philips 32PFL3517H/12
Consoles: PS4 (500GB version), Wii U and Xbox 360.
Amplifier: NAD D3020
Speakers: Dali Opticon 2 (on Dali Connect stands)

This is what I use most of the time to play games. Still a work in progress for now. The TV is still from when I lived at my parents when a 32 inch TV was enough. Looking to upgrade to a 49 inch screen next year. The amp is also temporarily. Will be upgraded to one of the new NAD's coming in the next few months. And eventually I want to add a streamer and record player too.

Laptop: MSI GE40 Dragon Eyes
Speakers: Harman/Kardon Soundsticks III

While my laptop is mostly for my study I did choose some extra horsepower to be able to play some PC games. Mostly things like Cities: Skylines and indie games on Steam.

Overview of my Ikea fortress.

Kyne

Not as fancy as some of you, but here goes.

Living the true student life with an almost exclusively Ikea furnished apartment.

TV: Philips 32PFL3517H/12
Consoles: PS4 (500GB version), Wii U and Xbox 360.
Amplifier: NAD D3020
Speakers: Dali Opticon 2 (on Dali Connect stands)

This is what I use most of the time to play games. Still a work in progress for now. The TV is still from when I lived at my parents when a 32 inch TV was enough. Looking to upgrade to a 49 inch screen next year. The amp is also temporarily. Will be upgraded to one of the new NAD's coming in the next few months. And eventually I want to add a streamer and record player too.

Laptop: MSI GE40 Dragon Eyes
Speakers: Harman/Kardon Soundsticks III

While my laptop is mostly for my study I did choose some extra horsepower to be able to play some PC games. Mostly things like Cities: Skylines and indie games on Steam.

Overview of my Ikea fortress.

Nice and comfy. I like it.

I recently moved and also got quite a bit of stuff from Ikea..

It's weird how it's the only affordable/matching furniture place around. I did a -lot- of shopping, and if you want something to match that isn't Ikea you have to pay out the wazoo. Whatever.

Anyways, I'll post it up soon.

Momentary

Banned
Just finished remodeling my den with new floors and paint.I'm still waiting on furnisher to arrive, but I went ahead and bought some storage. I'm having trouble figuring out what to do. I was thinking about nailing the boxes to the all to have them floating, but they are too heavy and I feel like with the additional weight in them they will just fall off the wall.
This is how I currently have the closet in the den set up. I will be hanging some decor on the bare walls. I just don't know what to throw in the bottom. I'll be finished with the room in about 10 days.

sp3ctr3

sold my big ass CRT to make way for a streaming setup which consists of a PC (i5 2,9ghz, 4gb ddr3 ram, geforce gt730 2gb), Xbox 360 and ElGato Game Capture HD.

Everything pass through a lagless HDMI-to-DVI adapter. The screen is a 24" Lenovo ThinkVision LT2423 with a rotatable screen. The Speakers are Creative T20's and the webcam, which I use as a controller cam, is a Logitech C270.

It's a work in progress as I'm not done yet. I need to sell the stack of games you see there, hang my minimalistic R2D2 painting and manage the wires behind the desk.

attachment.php

attachment.php

VR/living area rig completed.

VFjTg9s.jpg

Jm9bGQE.jpg

GFKReWJ.jpg

i7 4790K with ID Cooling 240L FrostFlow AIO Liquid Cooler, 16GB DDR3-1866, GTX1080FE modded with EVGA Hybrid Kit AIO Liquid Cooler. Case is Phanteks P400S Silent Edition. Padded to dampen sound, a bit particular about this rig making a commotion of itself in the living area. The only audible enough noise being from the VRM air cooler on the GPU shroud, everything else pretty quiet.

Persian_McLovin

Neo Member
Your setup is stunning! Especially the entertainment center and TV.

Thanks a lot man!

I have since had 3 people PM me regarding where I had bought this entertainment unit from so here it is:

https://dwell.co.uk/104431

Top quality, looks great, floating shelf design with frosted glass top. Perfect for consoles in between so they have full venting and plent of storage space underneath. Comes in black and stone too.

Cheers.

Where does everyone get cable hiders/raceways? I need to run about 25 feet straight across my ceiling with adhesives (its a condo and i cant drill a bunch of holes) without it being super ugly. Ideally it could fit two ethernet cables.

The raceway on amazon is overpriced and I cant find much information about the Ikea Montera cable hiders.

Kyne

I use this for single wire hiding.

And this for under the TV.

I haven't really found anything for 2-3 wires yet.. best to check amazon and read through the reviews to see what other people have been able to fit.

I'm seriously about to take my big vizio 4k tv to a pawn shop and then get a tv that has HDR. I may wait a year, however, when HDR comes standard.

tailDASHeF

Neo Member
cable management is a task for me once I get my floors refinished...and I have a lot to manage these days...

Just cleaned up, unless I grab a GTX 1080 my setup is concluded for the remainder of this year

Can you post some details about your setup? I''m assuming you're running two desktops as I see two keyboards. Actually i'm assuming 3 cause of the wireless keyboard maybe thats a HTPC in between your desk and TV?

tommyguns

still in the middle of moving.. but will get my full pics up eventually. Here's a small teaser:

Is that tv stand from ikea? I think I have that exact one, but only have 2 shelves. (The bottom and one extra) Where did you get an extra shelf!?

Moved to a new place this year and got my SEGA Room 95% finished ( more pictures to come during daytime and wider angle)

vY5nmIi.jpg

pRme6Be.jpg

u0cmPVy.jpg

OJqDb3T.jpg

ZocoWp4.jpg

48VWByB.jpg

tGfgUuq.jpg

Arcade Corner

EHqV9nc.jpg

Retro Station #1

pm5xy8I.jpg

tommyguns

D: ?

well, you had to go and pick up all of the parts from the back, ya? When I did that, I picked up an extra shelf.. lol.

Mine came in a box, like most ikea stuff I buy..all parts already in the box and I assembled when home. Maybe it's a different TV stand?

Wrynnax

Mine came in a box, like most ikea stuff I buy..all parts already in the box and I assembled when home. Maybe it's a different TV stand?
You'll have the Byas probably, that's one box. The one you can choose your shelves and stuff is called Besta and it's completely modular.

Thank you all for the feedback !!! Exciting to see everyone enjoying the SEGA love.

I will post more pics later this week-end with additional details.

That Sega room brings a tear to this old Sega fan's eye. I've been meaning to get that sweet Space Harrier poster as its my fav game of all time. Its a bit pricey but it looks wonderful when put in a nice frame and hanged. All those Sega posters are great!

Top Bottom