• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam | November 2016 - Rally to Restore Fear and/or Sanity in the Steam Community

Status
Not open for further replies.

dex3108

I guess that's that

Cw1b2ykXUAAlOkG.jpg:large

Jack the Ripper DLC next.

You would have a good time playing Project Zero/Fatal Frame.

Fatal Frame I & II are my favorite horror games and I couldn't really get into DreadOut when I played it last month. I didn't find it that scary and the ghost encounters weren't nearly as good as Fatal Frame.

I am loving my play through of Trails in the Sky FC that I'm back into after putting it down to spend last month playing horror games. I think Persona 4 is the only JRPG I've enjoyed more.

bjaelke

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (bjaelke, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
Tyranny -- MB-795CCF9CF96EA842 - Taken by hannes. 162 entrants total.

t1478797677z1.png
What if evil you won?

Sch1sm

From the halloween sale.
Held out for 10 minutes before I had to quit. Legit terrifying game.
The fact that ghosts are only visible when you look through your phone camera is a nightmare.

I loved DreadOut because of all that. Genuinely shook me at some points. Was great. All I need in my games.

Tizoc

Due to my Steam backlog and gaming plans I've decided to skip on a few titles namely Tyranny and Dishonored 2.

Try CRU. You can create custom resolutions there. https://www.monitortests.com/forum/Thread-Custom-Resolution-Utility-CRU?page=1
It helped me out big time to get 4k60 HDR working on my TV for Shadow Warrior 2 since my TV reported incorrect resolution info to the PC.

Okay, downloaded the software and I'm not really sure what to do.
You want me to add a non-standard custom resolution at 60hz, and then set every single game at that custom resolution to get 60hz?
How about games without a resolution setting? (like a bunch of indie games)

Edit: Got it working, thanks a lot!!!! You're my hero, this is exactly what I needed.
Simply removed all other resolutions and most importantly, I believe, all TV resolutions in Extension Block. (that's where I found the 24hz resolutions and some others)

Greetings Steam GAF, long time no see and all that. Humble spares....

ModBot said:
Instructions for MakeshiftChef:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (MakeshiftChef, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Lethal League -- MB-531463F5F576BC13 - Taken by Baron_Calamity. 2 entrants total.
Shadowrun Returns -- MB-F50193F604378A08 - Taken by Sch1sm. 1 entrants total.
Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed -- MB-6499AA7DC837A92C - Taken by laserlaser. 1 entrants total.

t1478714142z1.png

Tizoc

I feel tired.

I bought Xanadu Next.

Yay, I guess.

You did the right thing mate.
Consider using NVidia Inspector to inject AA for best visual output if u have an NVidia card.

You can play the game with Gamepad or mouse btw, and the gamepad controls are pretty good!

Just bought Dishonored 2. Noticed it gave me all the DLC for the first game that I never bothered buying. Glad I didn't in this case.

Should I play the Daud DLCs for DH1 first before starting DH2?

Plesiades

Just bought Dishonored 2. Noticed it gave me all the DLC for the first game that I never bothered buying. Glad I didn't in this case.

Should I play the Daud DLCs for DH1 first before starting DH2?

Without spoiling anything, a character from the DLCs seems to be VERY important for the DH2 story.

Seeing the world from Daud's perspective was pretty cool too.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Wait a minute...how do i know what's the daily deal with the new store format o_O

It's in the "Special Offers" section, next to the midweek madness/weekend deals/weekly deals.

EDIT: Also, still WIP but

74k75Or.png

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
EDIT: JSHACKLES DOING THE LORDS WORK THERE! Looking good!

Thanks. Given the modular horizontal design of the new page, I'm also looking into the feasibility of letting users drag/drop individual home page elements so that they can be arranged in the order of their liking.

I know I sound like a broken record at this point, but it seems baffling to me that given their push for a "personalized storefront" that Valve didn't already have something like this in place.

iiicon

Due to my Steam backlog and gaming plans I've decided to skip on a few titles namely Tyranny and Dishonored 2.
you are stronger than me. I'm justifying these purchases with the two games I just knocked off my personal backlog: FF 13-2 and Oxenfree.

Knurek

I know I sound like a broken record at this point, but it seems baffling to me that given their push for a "personalized storefront" that Valve didn't already have something like this in place.

Why would a company spent actual money, time and workforce on a feature such as this, if you can implement it for them free of charge?
It's just good business. /s

For people interested in emulation, legal KickStart 1.3 ROM is in a Groupee bundle. €2.5 instead of €10 it typically goes for.

yuraya

So next month is the last free Uplay anniversary game. They pretty much covered all their franchises so the last one has to be an AssCreed game right? I think they may do South Park too but I doubt it.

If were to guess I would say its going to be either Unity, Black Flag, Ass3 or Ass2.

Wok

My spares of the year.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 20 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Wok, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Towerfall Ascension -- MB-A14F60D5084B033F - Taken by nightstorm. 6 entrants total.
The Yawhg -- MB-42858E600D633E0A - Taken by CheDominik. 12 entrants total.
The Banner Saga -- MB-84B4A35367E19799 - Taken by longlivegaming. 7 entrants total.
TIS-100 -- MB-2E1861EFDDCE65A7 - Taken by Large Professor. 8 entrants total.
Shattered Planet -- MB-2D65D3AC6D09A37A - Taken by Hakkelus. 1 entrants total.
Renowned Explorers: International Society -- MB-778F914D6562280D - Taken by Diedac. 27 entrants total.
Mushroom 11 -- MB-8AFEB3CDDFFA271A - Taken by rainking187. 2 entrants total.
LIMBO -- MB-492620DCD7EC935E - Taken by laserlaser. 2 entrants total.
Killing Floor -- MB-9C94DD024BB18579 - Taken by Regginator. 1 entrants total.
Infinifactory -- MB-0570B1B7AC631FDA - Taken by PAUonePUNCH. 9 entrants total.
Hotline Miami 2: Wrong Number (unredeemable in Australia) -- MB-EEB1E49508C5C008 - Taken by alr1ght. 22 entrants total.
Home -- MB-14690E97337D66C6 - Taken by Mackenzie 92. 1 entrants total.
Her Story -- MB-3D498A7B26239B1D - Taken by PLASTICA-MAN. 5 entrants total.
Grim Legends: The Forsaken Bride -- MB-D95C43B738D26785 - Taken by Baron_Calamity. 2 entrants total.
Grim Legends 2: Song of the Dark Swan -- MB-9B53EFFF026B82E0 - Taken by fspm. 4 entrants total.
Frozen Synapse -- MB-0672E37296D2B92D - Taken by Orgen. 2 entrants total.
Cook, Serve, Delicious! -- MB-E7845BC6E2D2B720 - Taken by NeoRaider. 2 entrants total.
Chroma Squad -- MB-5E9F8B0DA53E3885 - Taken by fspm. 1 entrants total.
Broken Age -- MB-F66F2F92EC93C027 - Taken by pantsattack. 5 entrants total.
Broken Age #2 -- MB-546A2E1E95245801

t1478726490z1.png

dex3108

Mafia 3 Patch is out (5.8GB). No changelog.

Also

Free-Roam Mode Comes to Firewatch!

If you, like so many others, have finished Firewatch and yearn to return to the Shoshone, then today is your lucky day. Firewatch’s free-roam mode gives you an objective-free game world to explore, dynamic 24-hour time of day and miles of trails to hike. The patch is now live on PS4 and coming to Steam this morning (and is already on Xbox One).

Unlocked when you’ve finished Firewatch, you can find free-roam in the special features section of the main menu.

dex3108

Mafia 3 patch notes are laughable

UPDATE: PATCH NOTES

The dev team has also been hard at work addressing your feedback since the game launched on October 7. We’re happy to report that we’ve made a number of improvements on PC included in this patch. But we’re also not done improving the game, and will be making more updates to Mafia III in the future.

These updates include:

UI Improvements
Improved car reflections
Improved streaming issues
Performance optimization
Fixed audio issues
Fixed some cases of savegame corruption
Fixed various issues for Cassandra’s Contraband missions
And more

The work continues for the dev team as we still have more free content on the way – races and car customization! – and more updates for Mafia III. So keep an eye on our social channels for updates. And, most importantly, keep sharing your experiences with us. We want your stay in New Bordeaux to be an enjoyable one.

Thanks again from the whole Mafia III team!

http://steamcommunity.com/games/360430/announcements/detail/723219800041035496

It took them month for that.

Nzyme32

Mafia 3 patch notes are laughable

http://steamcommunity.com/games/360430/announcements/detail/723219800041035496

It took them month for that.

I stopped playing after I reached two game breaking points, and since there is no cloud saving or good enough auto-saving, you get fucked. Will replay when / if they get shit right. A shame though, other than the repetitive middle missions if you are playing constantly, the story is great, and at least I was enjoying it when playing it in short 1 or 2 hour bursts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom