• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam | November 2016 - Rally to Restore Fear and/or Sanity in the Steam Community

Status
Not open for further replies.

Erekiddo

hqdefault.jpg

It's-a-my birthday, too!

This weekend I have given myself the goal of 100%-ing Ass Creed IV. I am fairly far along.

Got all the stupid uncharted island shit.

If I never post again after this week you know what probably happened.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (pantsattack, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.

Magicka -- MB-B5FC4067F21FE4AD - Taken by voodooray
Zaps!

Played a lot of Arkham City. Indoor levels are bigger than in Asylum but they don't feel as well designed. Riddler Trpohies are not much fun to collect as well. On gameplay mechanics it trumps Asylum in every way. More options to play the game. Enjoying the combat a lot more. There are some moves which are not comfortable to pull off due to amount of buttons but hey, not worth playing with kb/m. Controller feels better for this.
Thoroughly dislike that HUD doesn't fully disappear. Found a tweak in INI file to manually toggle it. Not ideal. CG cutscenes are of significantly higher quality but still not as it should have. Them being 16:9 I understand. Not so much why devs put in dynamic black borders on the sides for ingame cutscenes. Even less when some don't have them at all. Just never put in borders devs, no one cares about your cinematical view. Gimme my fullscreen.
TlWvK9z.jpg
1AWzWHX.jpg

Great texture work, just like in Asylum
SxZkrx0.png
1adPzCX.png

Character models are a huge leap from predecessor
nS3gZSh.jpg

Batman did it first but hey, it's not as hip as to hate on COD. Gotta be edgy

Nzyme32

Is there a way of dismissing Steam "Toast" popup notifications?

There are several applications I've been using lately where I need the corners of the screen and the damn pop ups are coming at all the wrong times. It's annoying to have to click the notification, then close whatever has been opened. I want to be online and want notifications but easily dismissing them when I want to would be beneficial.

Also - Happy birthday Hektor, Erekiddo, and Grief.exe!

chronomac

Long time, no see. Here's some extras:
ModBot said:
Instructions for chronomac:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Only GAF members who are NOT junior members are eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Killing Floor - Chickenator DLC -- MB-65AD3AD2B87B3B9D - Taken by Mikurden
Killing Floor - Community Weapon Pack 3 DLC -- MB-94A2B9BCE91B4669 - Taken by fuzzy123
Killing Floor - Community Weapon Pack 2 DLC -- MB-0D1605CB811571F7 - Taken by fuzzy123
Killing Floor - Community Weapon Pack 1 DLC -- MB-E825B42189F6D6BF - Taken by fuzzy123
Killing Floor -- MB-0D6F4168E1AD7D95 - Taken by ExoSoul. 2 entrants total.

t1478738461z1.png

chronomac

Oh and:
ModBot said:
Instructions for chronomac:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Only GAF members who are NOT junior members are eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Shadow Complex Remastered (Epic) -- MB-A6E5EB3123CA1CE6 - Taken by Salsa. 3 entrants total.

t1478738558z1.png

Grief.exe as well? Happy birthday~!

Anyway, I've just realized that Planet Coaster is finally out of early access. I'd say that I'm quite pumped for the game.

It's been a long while since I played Rollercoaster Tycoon 3.

Endruen

Happy birthday to everybody! Now, we should cut it off before someone starts complaining that we are going off-topic :p

bbd23

damn....Im not even seeing cod remastered on the steam stats page right now...and that infinite warfare number seems extremely low.

Wok

Happy birthday to you!

As you all know, I have more than 10k games marked as "Not Interested" on Steam. I want to remove from that list games that I end up owning (bundles happen, I am sure you understand). It turns out it should be quite easy: there is a webpage with appIDs of:
  • rgOwnedApps
  • rgIgnoredApps
I have just to take the intersection of these lists. People have made a Chrome javascript to try to reset the "Not Interested" list. I won't directly use this of course. I will apply it to the intersection.

For info, it is as simple as the following.

With Python:

Code:
rgOwnedApps = [blabla]
rgIgnoredApps = [blabla]

IGNORED = set(rgIgnoredApps).intersection(rgOwnedApps)
print(IGNORED)

With Python3, you can optionally check the names of the apps:

Code:
import requests
import bs4

for id in sorted(IGNORED):
    print (bs4.BeautifulSoup(
        requests.get('https://steamdb.info/app/%d/' % id).content)
.find('title').text)

With Firefox, install the Firebug addon and open the console:

Code:
var IGNORED = [blabla];

var COUNT=IGNORED.length;
var INDEX=0;
var REMOVE=function(){
if (INDEX == COUNT) { return; } var i=IGNORED[INDEX]; INDEX++;
$J.post('http://store.steampowered.com/recommended/ignorerecommendation/',{sessionid: g_sessionID, appid: i, remove: 1}).done(function(){ REMOVE(); })}; REMOVE();

Salsa

dishonored 2 OT is up

subtitle was gonna be "Make Karnaca Dead Again" but im tired of bans

also bittersweet making it cause due to some shit im broke and wont be playing it in the near future, oh well, 680 probably woulda had a hard time with it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom