• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam | November 2016 - Rally to Restore Fear and/or Sanity in the Steam Community

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ludens

Banned
ModBot said:
Instructions for Ludens:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Ludens, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Forge of Gods: Fantastic Six pack -- MB-6610A9EBC369FEFD - Taken by Erekiddo
Enjoy.

Erekiddo

Although I haven't won anything terribly huge here, I'm thankful for all of the daily contributions from everyone. Between the work on Enhanced Steam and people scraping + posting new deals, I've found a ton of stuff I wouldn't have found otherwise.

So, good luck SteamGAF.

ModBot said:
ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Erekiddo, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen -- MB-E9D1794277576C13 - Taken by StrangeRoboMemory. 48 entrants total.

t1478730352z1.png

Trying to get my mind off of the election result. Playing bloodborne to relax, and Im getting my ass kick lol. Any tips on the nightmare
of mensis
? Im in this area currently.

Nzyme32

Fairly sure Steam is broken for me. Top sellers seems to change randomly with games that clearly are not top sellers; the main carousel seems to be locked to the same set of games all the time; sometimes games I own show up where they shouldn't etc etc.

Get it together Steam

rtcn63

Trying to get my mind off of the election result. Playing bloodborne to relax, and Im getting my ass kick lol. Any tips on the nightmare
of mensis
? Im in this area currently.

Stock up on sedatives and equip them, head straight for lanterns/shortcuts beforehand. Once you defeat the first boss of the nightmare, take out (as in drop, not kill) the
giant brain. It makes area exploration much, much easier. As to where it's located, hint- elevator ride.

Phinor

Fairly sure Steam is broken for me. Top sellers seems to change randomly with games that clearly are not top sellers; the main carousel seems to be locked to the same set of games all the time; sometimes games I own show up where they shouldn't etc etc.

Get it together Steam

My Summer Car still #1 here in Finland, two and half weeks straight, everything is well in the world!

But yes, I've noticed some oddities on the front page as well. Plus I hate how busy the page looks now and it wasn't pretty before either.

Plesiades

Some extra keys I found ;)
I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Dessart, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Another Perspective -- MB-8F3A76D1DD44FA1C - Taken by voodooray. 5 entrants total.
Spoiler Alert Collector's Edition -- MB-68AD4079999FA79E - Taken by Mackenzie 92. 1 entrants total.
Puzzle Agent -- MB-8AF4E3EFF6927B2B - Taken by CheDominik. 1 entrants total.
The Walking Dead: Season 1 -- MB-4D166E1AE01E6FEC - Taken by jon bones. 5 entrants total.
LIMBO -- MB-00D51DDDFA6A420A

t1478732056z1.png

So a friend of mine uses the steam mobile authentication and his phone just died and he doesn't know how to log in or recover his account, what's the procedure to get it back ?

So a friend of mine uses the steam mobile authentication and his phone just died and he doesn't know how to log in or recover his account, what's the procedure to get it back ?

They give you a code for this specific reason. If he lost it, then he's gotta contact Steam support most likely (lol good luck)

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Wok, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 20 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Wok, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.

The Banner Saga -- MB-84B4A35367E19799 - Taken by longlivegaming. 7 entrants total.
Grim Legends 2: Song of the Dark Swan -- MB-9B53EFFF026B82E0 - Taken by fspm. 4 entrants total.
Renowned Explorers: International Society -- MB-778F914D6562280D - Taken by Diedac. 27 entrants total.
Cook, Serve, Delicious! -- MB-E7845BC6E2D2B720 - Taken by NeoRaider. 2 entrants total.
Her Story -- MB-3D498A7B26239B1D - Taken by PLASTICA-MAN. 5 entrants total.
Chroma Squad -- MB-5E9F8B0DA53E3885 - Taken by fspm. 1 entrants total.
The Yawhg -- MB-42858E600D633E0A - Taken by CheDominik. 12 entrants total.
Killing Floor -- MB-9C94DD024BB18579 - Taken by Regginator. 1 entrants total.
Broken Age #2 -- MB-546A2E1E95245801
Broken Age -- MB-F66F2F92EC93C027 - Taken by pantsattack. 5 entrants total.
Hotline Miami 2: Wrong Number (unredeemable in Australia) -- MB-EEB1E49508C5C008 - Taken by alr1ght. 22 entrants total.
LIMBO -- MB-492620DCD7EC935E - Taken by laserlaser. 2 entrants total.
Frozen Synapse -- MB-0672E37296D2B92D - Taken by Orgen. 2 entrants total.
Mushroom 11 -- MB-8AFEB3CDDFFA271A - Taken by rainking187. 2 entrants total.
Infinifactory -- MB-0570B1B7AC631FDA - Taken by PAUonePUNCH. 9 entrants total.
Home -- MB-14690E97337D66C6 - Taken by Mackenzie 92. 1 entrants total.
Towerfall Ascension -- MB-A14F60D5084B033F - Taken by nightstorm. 6 entrants total.
TIS-100 -- MB-2E1861EFDDCE65A7 - Taken by Large Professor. 8 entrants total.
Shattered Planet -- MB-2D65D3AC6D09A37A - Taken by Hakkelus. 1 entrants total.
Grim Legends: The Forsaken Bride -- MB-D95C43B738D26785 - Taken by Baron_Calamity. 2 entrants total.

t1478726490z1.png

Wok

Devs of Miegakure, The Witness and Ernesto RPG having a conversation on Twitter:

SeleOK0.png

It is just gold, I mean, getting a glimpse at a conversation between devs of potential (indie) GOTY for this year and next year.

Edit: BIG NEWS INCOMING? MIEGAKURE 2016 GOTY?

Devs of Miegakure, The Witness and Ernesto RPG having a conversation on Twitter:

Dn7urwH.png

It is just gold, I mean, getting a glimpse at a conversation between devs of potential (indie) GOTY for this year and next year.

That's pretty funny .. too bad Miegakure is playing the Grimoire of puzzle games.

Wok

Ucchedavāda;223847502 said:
That's pretty funny .. too bad Miegakure is playing the Grimoire of puzzle games.

I have updated the post since there has been another tweet.

Oh boy. Please do not disappoint, please be Miegakure. OH BOY.

Edit: Hmm... Maybe not Miegakure, maybe a secret project. I feel as if I were playing Orwell when I spy on these conversations and try to make sense out of them.

5qc9CHp.png

doesn't work if he doesnt have the recovery code...,

According to the FAQ, they can SMS him a code if he has the same number:
Help, I lost (or sold) my phone and can't log in! What do I do?

If possible, you should contact your wireless service provider and get a replacement phone with the same phone number. Steam will be able to send SMS messages to your replacement phone, and you will be able to recover your account as described below.

The alternative is contacting support.

dex3108

I just finished game that my friend made called Goblin and Coins . Simple retro platformer with silly story and 2+ hours of gameplay for story and it offers challenges too. This is his first game, he is teacher (language nothing IT related) and for the first time it is good :D He at least moved his ass and made something (he did everything beside music). It is nothing mindblowing or new but if you want check it :D

Also sorry if this counts like promotion.

rtcn63

I went back and tried replaying Dishonored and I... I didn't enjoy it. Both the stealth and lethal routes, it just wasn't all that fun to play. The latter in particular turned the game into easy mode regardless of difficulty, and it seems like you'd purposely need to gimp yourself to maintain any sort of satisfactory challenge. (An ability that slows/stops time...) I did beat it the first time around.

Dishonored 2, I'll definitely wait for the reviews and sales.

dex3108

I went back and tried replaying Dishonored and I... I didn't enjoy it. Both the stealth and lethal routes, it just wasn't all that fun to play. I did beat it the first time around.

I finished Dish 1 2 or 3 times with no kill and shadow :D I finished DLCs once also no kill and shadow :D

Endruen

I went back and tried replaying Dishonored and I... I didn't enjoy it. Both the stealth and lethal routes, it just wasn't all that fun to play. I did beat it the first time around.

Yeah, I understand you. I was very excited when it was announced, but after trying it... No... There's something, I don't know what, but it's not for me.
Maybe one day I'll give it another chance.

NeoRaider

Yeah, I understand you. I was very excited when it was announced, but after trying it... No... There's something, I don't know what, but it's not for me.
Maybe one day I'll give it another chance.

Same. :/
And i tried 2 times i think. Stopped after few hours. I mean i probably could have forced myself to continue and maybe finish it but i couldn't find any fun in it.

Erekiddo

I realized that doing a name change wipes Modbot's 'my loot' results.

This would make it appear Modbot pulls history off of the requesting username as opposed to the account ID number. If it pulled from my ID, 10414, I'd still be able to see the old stuff I won with my old username: NeoNess

Just some food for thought.

Tall4Life

ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Tall4Life, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:

Divekick -- MB-CD5221325B774D4E - Taken by CheDominik. 1 entrants total.
Grim Fandango Remastered -- MB-6C05533C732ACE95 - Taken by gurm3n. 4 entrants total.

t1478737224z1.png

Forgot I had some leftover humble keys

Khilandros

Starting to get colder outside, guess it's time for me to stock up on the comfy games and whatnot. I miss the warm weather here.

Granjinha

Get it together Steam

which games that are not clearly top sellers?

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
I realized that doing a name change wipes Modbot's 'my loot' results.

This would make it appear Modbot pulls history off of the requesting username as opposed to the account ID number. If it pulled from my ID, 10414, I'd still be able to see the old stuff I won with my old username: NeoNess

Just some food for thought.

Yes, this is true. There's a really specific and stupid design reason for this that relates to how I need to read ModBot's PM archives, especially during high load situations, but it's absolutely a flaw and it's something I had hoped to fix at some point. Thanks for the feedback.

Granjinha

yo guys i figured it out

the pc port of this year from SEGA is...

Motorsport Manager ;)

it was on mobile ya know

Looks pretty ordinary here, nothing too unusual. Dishonored 2, Farming Simulator 17, Football Manager 2017, Tyranny, CSGO, Skyrim Special Edition.

here in brazil both broforce and the silent age are in the top 10, but i would guess that it's due to their huge discounts

(and like i said earlier, the promoted games getting much more exposure in this new UI)

Nzyme32

which games that are not clearly top sellers?

Keeps changing for me. Some times Dishonoured 2 and Tyranny are at the top, other times those are not even on the list and it's Rocket League, then it was Half-Life (as in OG). Then some random shovelware I've never seen before etc.

Jawmuncher

Keeps changing for me. Some times Dishonoured 2 and Tyranny are at the top, other times those are not even on the list and it's Rocket League, then it was Half-Life (as in OG). Then some random shovelware I've never seen before etc.

Don't shovelware shame

Diedac

ModBot said:
Instructions for Diedac:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:

t1cxE6r.gif
Bound By Flame -- MB-B160DDCC1F625DAA - Taken by Jawmuncher. 15 entrants total.
OlliOlli2 Welcome to Olliwood -- MB-D98836065F02E8B6 - Taken by sixteen-bit. 14 entrants total.

t1478741373z1.png

Hey all, I just won Dragon's Dogma, which is awesome! I don't have much cash this month but I wanted to return the favor, so here's the latest Humble Bundle. :) If you win The Killing Floor, let me know and I'll send you the codes for the community weapon pack DLC and the "chickenator", whatever that is.

I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (StrangeRoboMemory, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:

Shadow Complex Remastered -- MB-941482AF60370A09 - Taken by someguyinahat. 22 entrants total.
Dangerous Golf -- MB-F19E9D03C363949A - Taken by sixteen-bit. 6 entrants total.
Killing Floor -- MB-B4D300C5E30AF7C3 - Taken by fifasnipe2224. 2 entrants total.

t1478742683z1.png

Granjinha

hmm, i don't think it changing a lot is that strange considering it's a new UI

Erekiddo

Hey all, I just won Dragon's Dogma, which is awesome! I don't have much cash this month but I wanted to return the favor, so here's the latest Humble Bundle. :) If you win The Killing Floor, let me know and I'll send you the codes for the community weapon pack DLC and the "chickenator", whatever that is.

That was quite a quick turnaround.

Enjoy the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom