• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam | November 2016 - Rally to Restore Fear and/or Sanity in the Steam Community

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did you know the amount of gems you get from a foil card can change over time?

I bought a couple of chroma squad foils over the past week (for booster pack crafting purposes) and they were worth 200 gems each. But the foil I got this morning was worth only 150 gems. The more you know..

Durante

Also on the bright side, Tyranny's setup gained enormous relevance. I mean, who isn't curious at this point about #whatifevilwon?

mp1990

Banned
With Trump being president I might start playing video games more just to prevent myself from being depressed. :/
If makes you feel better, you're not alone. Thinking about Trump implications and what may happen in the next presidential elections in my country, with him legitimating fascism, is scaring me shitless, so I'll probably try to distract myself with video games as much as possible for awhile just so I don't have to think about it.

I heard "jail Obama".
Could've been that, but that nobody is denying that they could've said kill is alarming.
Ucchedavāda;223766373 said:
That's terrifying.

Yes. That is not exactly comforting news, either.
The important thing to note for the elections in 2018... Do your part. It's important if you don't want ass backwards tyrants running office.

So fucking bummed. Only good news is the west coast had its head on. I look forward to talking about games with everybody here but worry at the same time.

D

Deleted member 144138

Unconfirmed Member
Murica... What have you done?!

Life goes on, right?

Right?

RIGHT, GUYS? :O

Teppic

Don't give up USA. I feel really sorry for all of you. Such scary times.

Edit: I edited my post to not be so depressing and self defeating. Do something about your situation if you can. Help other people that needs it. Stand up for your beliefs.

Diedac

ModBot said:
Instructions for Diedac:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

Girls Like Robots -- MB-B62B721CC7E58EF0 - Taken by Hakkelus
Bedlam -- MB-326571B202CA7B0D - Taken by Purkake4

Super hexagon without the longevity.

Spin Rush is a game about matching colours, spin your square or at times your hexagon to match the incoming colour dot. The game continually attempts to disorient you with music, background colour changes, changing the colour of the dot mid flight and even pulling the trick of having the dot be one colour but having the name of another colour. Most of the time the game is fair but it can sometimes change the colour with very little warning.

There are also various challenge modes to try out: faster dots, a trippy colour changing one, another where you have to continually rotate the square etc... All these are nice but the biggest let down is there are no leaderboards. Being able to compare your various scores to your friends and globally would be of enormous benefit to the game and it's omission is odd. Once you grind to level 30 to finish the last achievement there's not a whole lot more to do and that will take you under 2 hours.

The music is great and the graphics serviceable and while pretty decent fun you'll probably be done with the game quite quickly.

Good morning everyone, just got out of bed.

Anything interesting happen over night?

Obsidian Entertainment may have pulled off the greatest guerilla marketing campaign of all time.

Orgen

To my fellow US gaffers! (and whoever wants to participate :p). If you get Killing Floor let me know and I'll send you all the DLC codes.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Orgen, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Dangerous Golf -- MB-72141A3D81970A3B - Taken by Jadax. 6 entrants total.
The Mean Greens - Plastic Warfare -- MB-D23D64556E78265C - Taken by darkchewie. 10 entrants total.
Killing Floor -- MB-C7B83E57B9F92A73 - Taken by gurm3n. 2 entrants total.

t1478700342z1.png

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
I'm hoping there's a NG+ in Shadow Warrior where you can keep all your upgrades and move to a higher difficulty, having a really good time with this game. Hard Reset had it, I'm sure this will too.

Tizoc

The Steam versions of Uplay games are technically separate apps because... because.

But it is.

I'ma try this: I'll install the Steam ver. then I'll have Uplay install in the same folder as Steam and see if it'll register the game as one single entry :p

jediyoshi

I'ma try this: I'll install the Steam ver. then I'll have Uplay install in the same folder as Steam and see if it'll register the game as one single entry :p

Entries are based on their back end, nothing local. The executables are unique so you'll be overwriting whichever one you installed last.

Is it possible to delete one of them from my Uplay library?

You can try asking support to remove it from your account. If you're only looking to clean up the library, you can right click -> hide.

Haha, for the first time since december last year I managed to get an achievement in Pinball FX2. The first one for Guardians of the Galaxy.

Coreda

Been said before but Crysis 1 still holds up well. Was half anticipating to be disappointed seven years after I first played it briefly. The AI has a far keener eye than I would have expected even on the default difficulty, spotting me whether crouched or prone if not behind enough cover and/or moving. A far cry from MGSV where they're basically blind until you're throwing distance from them. They're still bullet spongy though, and the lack of stealth options means it's easier to just go all out lethal. More non-lethal variety would have been appreciated.

Vanilla screenshots by KingOfAesthetic:

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of an anonymous benefactor, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Pay it forward. You can only win this game if you've given away a game since you last won a game (minimum one total giveaway).
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

tSosaRZ.png

Mystery Gift -- MB-F56BF1B585D15905 - Taken by KainXVIII. 27 entrants total.

t1478699403z1.png

The jaggies in those Crysis screenshots cut my eyes :S I'm not sure but I'm pretty confident that you can use AA on that version of CryEngine. If nothing else, at least force some MLAA on that stuff.. :)

Coreda

The jaggies in those Crysis screenshots cut my eyes :S I'm not sure but I'm pretty confident that you can use AA on that version of CryEngine. If nothing else, at least force some MLAA on that stuff.. :)

You can, but even at 8x using the in-game AA settings the foliage still looks like that. Will try some forced AA next time. The 21:9 screens above look best when viewed slightly scaled.

DSR is also possible but the frame rate tanks, at least at 2-4x scale when keeping everything on high/very high (I should enable 1.33/1.5x and see how that performs). I prefer 60fps for non-screenshots so it's currently set at native res / all very high.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Orgen, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Orgen, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Dangerous Golf -- MB-72141A3D81970A3B - Taken by Jadax. 6 entrants total.
The Mean Greens - Plastic Warfare -- MB-D23D64556E78265C - Taken by darkchewie. 10 entrants total.
Killing Floor -- MB-C7B83E57B9F92A73 - Taken by gurm3n. 2 entrants total.

t1478700342z1.png

Humble extras.
ModBot said:

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Broken Age -- MB-7D4896BAFA99A709 - Taken by voodooray. 1 entrants total.
The Mean Greens Plastic Warfare -- MB-0482402B231B009D - Taken by Kifimbo. 4 entrants total.
Killing Floor Plus DLC -- MB-90E5190660DF9459 - Taken by Hakkelus. 1 entrants total.

t1478697563z1.png

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Are you doing the perf thread for D2 when it launches?

That's the plan!

Hmm, does not show up for me? Space Marines is 25% off, Tau not discounted at all.
Unless that's already a discounted price showing but I doubt it.

Even when privately browsing the discount is 40%. Are we talking about the same app?

Is it possible to delete one of them from my Uplay library?

You can ask Ubi to remove the app you don't use. Just be sure to specify whether it's the Steam or non-Steam version.

Mifec

That's the plan!

Even when privately browsing the discount is 40%. Are we talking about the same app?

You can ask Ubi to remove the app you don't use. Just be sure to specify whether it's the Steam or non-Steam version.

Thanks, btw all the keys were region free and activated for my friends, thx for providing me with the info <3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom