• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Love Live! School Idol Festival |OT2| Despair comes in a pink envelope

PK Gaming

What? Gaining the love of Vinesauce isn't good enough? 😛

snapshot20090919194816.jpg

Articalys

Twice in the last week I've had the game crash on me after selecting a song, costing me 50 LP in total. Not a huge loss or anything, but certainly annoying.

WjgOZdO.jpg

My 16th EX FC. I think I can officially say that I'm finally starting to gitgud. Next step is to work up to expert dailies and master songs.

Anony

challenge event starts tomorrow
this is the first challenge event right? too lazy to read the description, what's the tldr version and is there a specific strategy to go through the event
i only have 500k gold if that matters

Articalys

challenge event starts tomorrow
this is the first challenge event right? too lazy to read the description, what's the tldr version and is there a specific strategy to go through the event
i only have 500k gold if that matters
Video guide from Reddit
Relevant section in wiki

It's by far the most complex event, so it's hard to describe briefly, but the closest I can get is it's like a 5-round game show where after every round you either stop and take what you've won, or keep going but if you lose you get nothing. In-between rounds you can actually go do anything else you want -- rearrange teams, scout, read stories -- before coming back to the Chafes, so it's not like Medfes where you don't get a break.

Pick your difficulty, then you see the first song and can get/buy boosts. Unlike Medfes, the boosts are per-round, but cost less; at only 500k gold you might have to pick and choose when to use them. If you clear the song, all your stuff -- G, xp, event points, and even the gold/silver/bronze rewards -- get banked. Once you see the next song, you can cash out and stop, or keep going. It starts pulling more difficult songs as you advance through the rounds, with later rounds on EX having a chance a randomized notechart and the last round adding the daily EXes. Once you clear the last round (or cash out) you get all your stuff at once; if you fail out at any point, you get half the G/XP/EP but none of the rewards.

GoXDS

Lol ok. so it looks like KLab added "unreleased" Normals into the prize pool. probably just never bothered to remove it from the event data. was confused when I got them. one was Saeki Reine from a Token Eli Event that we didn't get yet and another was a regular release Emma Normal not yet released yet

So, the description of the event said that the individual song rewards still count, which is good. I was hoping to use this as an opportunity to use the Perfect support and Skill Boost perks to help me S-combo the handful of Expert songs I haven't been able FC on my own. And it just so happens that my next song is Junai Lens! One of the songs I haven't been able to FC! But... its the random version. :(

GoXDS

So, the description of the event said that the individual song rewards still count, which is good. I was hoping to use this as an opportunity to use the Perfect support and Skill Boost perks to help me S-combo the handful of Expert songs I haven't been able FC on my own. And it just so happens that my next song is Junai Lens! One of the songs I haven't been able to FC! But... its the random version. :(

really now...
actually, reading the description, I think it's referring to to Goals only and not Song completion. so no S Combo love gems
EDIT: confirming. I had played Bokura no LIVE before. my Song completion is still 60 plays, where I left it. it works like any other SM song

Anony

i was worried that it would be like cinderella girls or medley fest where stamina will not reset
makes things alot easier now, don't even need to change up my lineups

There was another video of the Crayon subunit doing Genki Zenkai (Day!! Day!! Day!!) on Hard mode. Did μ's also have a lot of "playing SIF" videos?

Labrys

CwZJDHOUoAA_JKW.jpg:large

I can cross getting a 2 UR pull off the bucket list now, the idolizable Umi SR doesn't hurt either.

I also got a new iPhone 7, playing the game with my thumbs feels a bit better now and overall everything feels nicer than my 5S, which unfortunately kicked the bucket on Thursday.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
JP just added new score match rules... I wonder what they are.

Oh weird, it's some scoring based on performance? But no one seems to know how it works.

Crescent-

JP just added new score match rules... I wonder what they are.

Oh weird, it's some scoring based on performance? But no one seems to know how it works.

It seems to be similar to an ELO rating, they match you with the people with same ELO ratings, 4th usually goes minus, 1st goes plus depending on how close your scores are with the other players. There are no specific calculations yet for the system though, would love to see what determines the + or - and by how much.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
It seems to be similar to an ELO rating, they match you with the people with same ELO ratings, 4th usually goes minus, 1st goes plus depending on how close your scores are with the other players. There are no specific calculations yet for the system though, would love to see what determines the + or - and by how much.
I hope they take team composition into account, because the dudes with all URs are just going to win every time lol

Crescent-

I hope they take team composition into account, because the dudes with all URs are just going to win every time lol

I think so, so far I haven't gotten 4th yet on Pure songs which is by far my weakest team (only team without UR) and I have gotten plus every round. Currently sitting at ~3.7k points near T1.

More info here: https://www.reddit.com/r/SchoolIdolFestival/comments/5baeux/information_sm_points_ranking_system_discussion/

If anyone is interested, Umidah is streaming again this year for Extra Life for the Reddit Love Live community,

https://www.reddit.com/r/SchoolIdol...p/love_live_community_extra_life_2016_stream/

Glad you posted this elhaym, this needs more attention. If anyone has time please support this cause.

GoXDS

oh hey, I got 3 Silver rewards in 1 round! oh yeaa, 6 total Silver rewards!
*all rewards, including Bronze, proceed to reveal Ns*
*siiiiiiiiiigh*

W-00

I'm liking the new draw odds. I made an 11-pull in the 3rd year box a few days ago and got two SRs and a Nico SSR in it (and then immediately used five blue tickets and got a second copy of one of the SRs).

I just barely managed to get back up to 50 gems today and decided that, even though I normally only pull in special boxes, the new cards looked good enough to be worth it. I got SSR Honoka and the new UR Kotori.

Articalys

REMINDER to folks in the US: because Daylight Savings Time ended, corresponding times for game deadlines are all an hour earlier than they were before. So the event will be ending at 12 Pacific/3 Eastern (and equivalents inbetween). Don't get caught off guard if you're rushing at the last minute.

Articalys

Also, Aqours is having a worldwide election campaign. One girl will become the poster girl for each of nine countries, with a special regional-themed posted drawn for each one:

Australia
China
Germany
Korea
Singapore
Taiwan
Thailand
UK
USA

(as you can see it's still pretty Asia-focused, so I don't know if I'd call it "worldwide", but that's presumably where most of their audience is, so...)

Voting starts on the 18th and will run for one month.

http://www.lovelive-anime.jp/uranohoshi/worldwide/election01_a.php

Also, Aqours is having a worldwide election campaign. One girl will become the poster girl for each of nine countries, with a special regional-themed posted drawn for each one:

Australia
China
Germany
Korea
Singapore
Taiwan
Thailand
UK
USA

(as you can see it's still pretty Asia-focused, so I don't know if I'd call it "worldwide", but that's presumably where most of their audience is, so...)

Voting starts on the 18th and will run for one month.

http://www.lovelive-anime.jp/uranohoshi/worldwide/election01_a.php

Finally, a nice stress free election.

Articalys

So the Saint Snow R is to mark the anime rerunning on TV right now. Wonder if the other girl will be a giveaway next week; presume we'll know through datamining after the current JP event finishes up.

Articalys

SIF Osaka Thanksgiving announcements:

- second chance for some old login UR promos
- solo boxes return on μ's birthdays next year
- samurai Nico UR bonus logins start Nov. 16 (card looks bad IMO)
- another online tournament
- new project with full μ's and Aqours CG dancing coming soon
- "SIF will keep evolving!"

Also a bunch of stuff about the arcade game that I didn't really follow, including some ways it can sync up with the mobile game, but who cares because almost none of us are ever gonna play it lol
Here's a new trailer for it if it matters to you

And as a note on the CG dancing project announcement, it literally only specified "new SIF project in development"; nothing about if it would be an update to the current game or a new app or what. Presumably the former to more directly compete against Deresute, you'd think, but then why be vague about it?
I don't really know why they're making a big deal about "new CG dancing project" when the arcade game next month is exactly that, but guess we'll just have to wait for more details

Yaari

Damn that Arcade trailer looks great, but yeah, never going to play it. Interested in that new project. Wonder when we'll hear more about that.

GoXDS

well now. if JP is getting a second run of the solo boxes then the chances EN gets them has now exponentially increased, yea?

Jintor

Oh my god this business woman is playing love live on expert in front of me on the train and fucking slaying it

And I'm not even in Japan

Top Bottom