• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor Mill (TAKE WITH GRAIN OF SALT): Marvel vs Capcom 4 revealing at PSX/Capcom Cup

Status
Not open for further replies.
If this is real, I bet Apollo Justice will be in.

If we get another Ace Attorney character it's gotta be Simon.

Fuck no. Get that shitty edgy anime character out of here. Its gotta be Franziska Von Karma.

I feel like both of you are ignoring the actual one who is deserved to be in MVC4

godot-catch.gif

godot-sips.gif

godot-damage.gif

It'll be Edgeworth.

Neoxon

If we find out more information regarding the 'sources' of info. Knowing how development works, especially overseas, there's very little explanation how top FGC members would of found out about MVC4, a Capcom Japan joint so early in the development process. It makes zero sense. Like the few times before, I feel this is a focused crowd just trying to stir up the rumor mill to send a message to Capcom/Marvel and make a MVC4.
12% is a reference.

WXcc12v.gif

Though it being pros drumming up hype wouldn't surprise me.

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
Sanford is the saltiest mofo I've ever seen in my life. I've played him a bunch of times, he whispers under his breathe complaining about sfv when shit doesn't go his way lol

PICK A TOP TIER

You were ASS in Street Fighter 4 though!

RocBase

He made a video about how unlikely it is .... it is not a video about this thread since most people here praticaly can feel the game already =P

someone can pull up the receipts to vouch for this but didnt max make videos for all the other instances of marvel4 rumors and how it could possibly happen?

what if this time he actually knows its true but is actively trying to have us fooled?
smile57.gif

I'd be excited about new upcoming marvel movie characters like Black Panther, Thanos, Captain Marvel. Sadly I really don't think this will be real.

If we find out more information regarding the 'sources' of info. Knowing how development works, especially overseas, there's very little explanation how top FGC members would of found out about MVC4, a Capcom Japan joint so early in the development process. It makes zero sense. Like the few times before, I feel this is a focused crowd just trying to stir up the rumor mill to send a message to Capcom/Marvel and make a MVC4.

I heard this completely independent from FGC sources. In fact, I have heard 'updates' to this story for a while now. I just didn't know it was going to wind up being MvC4

You're right unless it was partially outsourced to a Western developer. I'm not saying that's likely, but It would at least be a reason people why might have heard about it.

LeMaximilian

Alligator F*ck House
I heard this completely independent from FGC sources. In fact, I have heard 'updates' to this story for a while now. I just didn't know it was going to wind up being MvC4

This is refreshing. But the news source would either be coming internally from Capcom USA/Capcom Japan or Marvel Games division. Without mentioning where, if it was one of those, then it makes sense. Most of the rumors from the past few months has come from FGC members however. And knowing Capcom who has a horrific reputation when it comes to leaks, has probably been really trying to crack down on stuff like this happening even more.

This is refreshing. But the news source would either be coming internally from Capcom USA/Capcom Japan or Marvel Games division. Without mentioning where, if it was one of those, then it makes sense. Most of the rumors from the past few months has come from FGC members however. And knowing Capcom who has a horrific reputation when it comes to leaks, has probably been really trying to crack down on stuff like this happening even more.

Mine was basically backed up by two people who are familiar with it. In fact, when I first heard of this project, it was simply a 'Versus' title. A new entry in the series. It's been about 2 years now and this is what it's become. And yes, one of the people who backed it up is involved with Capcom. At this point, I would be shocked if it werent happening.

Buzzati

Banned
So far who's on the list?
tumblr_inline_mqvvffIZL71qz4rgp.gif

So far I've got, David_Hayter for posting images he uploaded himself that didn't exist elsewhere.
Lupinko and Mr Wizard for cockteasing on twitter in the context of mvc4 hype.
And basically anyone who is an acknowledged and self-aware insider that comes on twitter, posts exactly one tweet of something to the effect of "HEHEHEHE LEEAAAKZ BOYS"
and then goes radio silent.

If this turns out to be fake, kings shall be deaded.
tumblr_mnh8enFRW61r2pz7go1_500.gif

I-hate-u

Mine was basically backed up by two people who are familiar with it. In fact, when I first heard of this project, it was simply a 'Versus' title. A new entry in the series. It's been about 2 years now and this is what it's become. And yes, one of the people who backed it up is involved with Capcom. At this point, I would be shocked if it werent happening.

You heard this 2 years ago?
So this thing was in development at same time as SFV? Weird.

Buzzati

Banned

Did you hear about this 2 years ago, or did you just hear about it now being in development for 2 years?

Capcom working on MvC4 simultaneously with SFV would explain why they have 1 dude in a closet working on the netcode... Video games are saved you guys!

I-hate-u

I would have thought Capcom would put any other fighter on the back burner and focus on their flagship game by having all their talent on it.

Also, would that mean Neo_G left mid development of a new versus game? Seems hard to believe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom