• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor Mill (TAKE WITH GRAIN OF SALT): Marvel vs Capcom 4 revealing at PSX/Capcom Cup

Status
Not open for further replies.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
If they added Rogue with her X-Men Vs Street Fighter ability to absorb the opponents special abilities
rejoice.png

I know it isn't realistic, but that would be awesome.

Never forget: http://i.imgur.com/xKpTGHl.gif

I'd personally have Captain Marvel instead, and give the absorb ability to Vamp Jubilee. :D

And why do you think MvC4 would be the one game to break the mold, if Marvel rather would create a spin-off character who isn't tied to the X-Men to have in their games (Gwenpool) rather than make him an exception?

"Who?" is what most people would say.

Even though it's Fox's movie, Deadpool was a massive hit at the box office and is easily one of the most popular Marvel characters in years. Not to mention Disney/Marvel make A LOT of money just from Deadpool merchandise (this isn't including shared profits from the film's merchandise). Same goes for X-Men, but not nearly as much as Deadpool. He was already a pretty popular character just from word of mouth for years, but nowadays he's on his way to be along side poster boys like Spider-Man, Iron Man, Captain America, etc.

People can argue all they want about the mobile games and how X-Men characters are absent, but this is Marvel Vs. Capcom. The fan base for this franchise is much more vocal than any mobile game community and much more passionate. If Marvel, Sony, and Disney could work something out for Spider-Man then I'm sure something will (or already has) for X-Men. Having Deadpool (or any X-Men character) would be a win win for literally everyone (fans and from a business perspective).

Also, I know some people will point at Lego Marvel Avengers, but that released before the "Deadpool boom". If I'm wrong then I'm wrong, but I don't think these big companies are that dumb.

Neoxon

"Who?" is what most people would say.

Even though it's Fox's movie, Deadpool was a massive hit at the box office and is easily one of the most popular Marvel characters in years. Not to mention Disney/Marvel make A LOT of money just from Deadpool merchandise (this isn't including shared profits from the film's merchandise). Same goes for X-Men, but not nearly as much as Deadpool. He was already a pretty popular character just from word of mouth for years, but nowadays he's on his way to be along side poster boys like Spider-Man, Iron Man, Captain America, etc.

People can argue all they want about the mobile games and how X-Men characters are absent, but this is Marvel Vs. Capcom. The fan base for this franchise is much more vocal than any mobile game community and much more passionate. If Marvel, Sony, and Disney could work something out for Spider-Man then I'm sure something will (or already has) for X-Men. Having Deadpool (or any X-Men character) would be a win win for literally everyone (fans and from a business perspective).

Also, I know some people will point at Lego Marvel Avengers, but that released before the "Deadpool boom". If I'm wrong then I'm wrong, but I don't think these big companies are that dumb.
And even after the Deadpool boom, none of the post-CoC games were allowed to take advantage of it.

Of course, hopefully the rumor of Marvel easing up on the restrictions next year are true. But even then, don't underestimate the pettiness of Ike Perlmutter.

I'd personally have Captain Marvel instead, and give the absorb ability to Vamp Jubilee. :D

I think Captain Marvel would be a definite choice here. I wanted Carol in MVC3. I wonder how she'd be in a fighting game.

I've only read one X-Men story with Vamp Jubilee, so I don't really know much about her.

And even after the Deadpool boom, none of the post-CoC games were allowed to take advantage of it.

Of course, hopefully the rumor of Marvel easing up on the restrictions next year are true. But even then, don't underestimate the pettiness of Ike Perlmutter.

That reminds me, I could have sworn I saw Deadpool in a commercial for some mobile game fairly recently along side other Marvel characters.

I'd like to see her absorption in a game like this. Nash and Rose can absorb projectiles, but I could imagine Carol absorbing super moves and enhancing her abilities.

tribal24

Banned
I'd like to see her absorption in a game like this. Nash and Rose can absorb projectiles, but I could imagine Carol absorbing super moves and enhancing her abilities.

so kinda like nova red bar mechanic. talking about rosters i would love to see Hyperion and Namor make a appearance, just because.

Yeah, I clearly remember what commercial you're referring to. It had Deadpool at the end answering his phone as he lands a head-shot on the opponent. That was one of the Contest of Champions ads.

Damn. Thanks for clearing it up. I guess if it had any significance I wouldn't have had to ask.

Rocket Racoon could be combined with Baby Groot as a character. That'd be cool. And baby groot gonna be really popular next year

I'd like for giant Groot to be his own character just encase we don't get Sentinel. It'd be the Marvel side's big dude. Have him go up against Nemesis.

so kinda like nova red bar mechanic. talking about rosters i would love to see Hyperion and Namor make a appearance, just because.

Yeah, something like that, only without having to sacrifice stamina. There'd probably have to be a downside to something like that, though. If Carol would be able to just absorb a Shinkuu Hadouken or any type of super projectile, then she'd probably be an anti-beam character. Iceman was anti-beam in that he took no chip from beams in MVC2, but he never had flight or anything like Carol would.

Hyperion would be pretty dope. I could see him being the equivalent of a hypothetical Superman made by Capcom.

Not sure if this was posted. From QuaziDomo (X-23 SoCal player):

Been hearing AA assists will be good again, and the game will be closer to mvc2 which I'm excited for, back to resets and mixups less 1TK's.

Also from knowing what I know and combofiend being in the mix, been really hearing that it'll have shades of marvel 2 in the mix.

Hmmmm........

So not only have we gone past the "is it real stage" we've gone into the "and it's bringing back the best stuff from previous games in the series".

I still don't believe it.

Some of yall are like the this is fine dog with all the smoke about mvc4 could probably see the fire of leaked footage and still say "its not real" :p

So not only have we gone past the "is it real stage" we've gone into the "and it's bringing back the best stuff from previous games in the series".

I still don't believe it.

Have we got to the "it is broken but the license means it will never be patched ever again" stage?

Capcom pls

MvC3's hype crushed my soul. I'm still in a love-hate relationship with that game.
I hate the fact there's no Megaman. I hate Donte and his brother. I hate zombie-related characters. I don't like Viper. I hate Rasta-Spencer. Darkstalkers isn't relevant anymore yet they put 3 of them. Still no megaman. I hate Sentinel, so much. At some point they nerfed Phoenix Wright.

But I do love Haggar and loved his gameplay. It was my most hyped character.

What if console exlusive and no PC? Do I need to buy a console? What if no Haggar?
Please no. I can't go through this again.

I shall reserve my stance on this being possibly fake.

tumblr_lms7eoctIz1qdsvrf.gif

until we get some actual confirmation, I want this to be true dammit! But I'd rather not let the hype blind me and set myself up for huge disappointment.

Zaverious

What do y'all think the possibilities are for these characters being in the game?

Capcom
Chuck Greene
Nero
Lady
X
MegaMan.EXE
Juri
Edward Falcon
Gene
Leon S. Kennedy
Asura
Miles Edgeworth
Claire Redfield
Poison
Proto Man
Sexy Silvia
Date Masamune
Samanosuke Akechi

Marvel
Daredevil
Loki
Wasp
Ant-Man
Green Goblin
Silver Surfer
Falcon
Ultron
Punisher
Black Panther
Medusa
Black Bolt
Mysterio

What do y'all think the possibilities are for these characters being in the game?

Capcom
Chuck Greene - Probably not. Frank is the face of the franchise.
Nero - Maybe. Grapple rush down hybrid.
Lady - Get rid of Trish then sure.
X - Better be in.
MegaMan.EXE - Not if we get X. Bass.EXE would be cool though.
Juri - Her or Necali.
Edward Falcon - Probably not.
Gene - Was 3rd on Capcom-Unity's poll back in the day, so maybe.
Leon S. Kennedy - I hope.
Asura - He's an easy lock-in. Arguably the only good character from a new IP.
Miles Edgeworth - We were lucky to get Wright, but it'd be awesome (or Simon).
Claire Redfield - More iconic and recent RE characters to choose from.
Poison - No way.
Proto Man - Don't see it happening.
Sexy Silvia - Nah.
Date Masemune - Nope.
Samanosuke Akechi - Who?

I'll leave the Marvel side to Neoxon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom