• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor Mill (TAKE WITH GRAIN OF SALT): Marvel vs Capcom 4 revealing at PSX/Capcom Cup

Status
Not open for further replies.
If MVC4 actually got announced this weekend, and Smash Switch on Jan 12, two speculation threads would be too much for me, along with SFV Season 2 Speculation. Let hope that Capcom is going to show all characters' silhouettes at PSX so I could step out of SFV Hype Train.

Honestly, I'd rather just have the full roster leak but still keep their moves a secret until their trailers. We knew the whole cast from Ultimate 3 the same day that it was announced but it didn't take away from the hype at all.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Honestly, I'd rather just have the full roster leak but still keep their moves a secret until their trailers. We knew the whole cast from Ultimate 3 the same day that it was announced but it didn't take away from the hype at all.

I would be okay with it but let you know that it actually hurts Street Fighter V speculation thread. However with those leaked characters, we already know their movesets from previous games. Fang is only character that we have been actively curious about for so long time and he actually delivered.

Jawmuncher

I hope they announce it as a surprise if it's really happening.

Such as After the cup lets say they start announcing some SFV content. Season 2, costumes, characters teases, etc. Then they go into a CG trailer or something that looks like it's perhaps a new SFV season 2 story trailer. You see Akuma walking onto a plain and then on the other side some highly requested marvel character. Then it just goes all out.

That's the kind of announcement I want.

Have I before? 😇
bruh
tumblr_inline_nv23hoepm_W1rcfaqx_540.png

Let's face it, what was the last Capcom fighter that didn't have its entire roster leaked within 24 hours of announcement?

JayEH

I hope they announce it as a surprise if it's really happening.

Such as After the cup lets say they start announcing some SFV content. Season 2, costumes, characters teases, etc. Then they go into a CG trailer or something that looks like it's perhaps a new SFV season 2 story trailer. You see Akuma walking onto a plain and then on the other side some highly requested marvel character. Then it just goes all out.

That's the kind of announcement I want.

Kinda sucks if this all pans out since SFV and marvel could have been great out of nowhere announcements though SFV was capcom's own fault.

Vanish

If this is true, I demand a much bigger Spider-Man representation this time. It was criminal how the last game only had Spider-Man but none of his other characters/villains

If this is true, I demand a much bigger Spider-Man representation this time. It was criminal how the last game only had Spider-Man but none of his other characters/villains

Especially considering Doc Ock was planned for vanilla but then scrapped in the transition to Ultimate.

Street Fighter V. Since you said 24 hours. :x

True, specifying 24 hours was hyperbolic, but SFV's roster was leaked pretty early on, no? IIRC we knew about everyone except Necalli who was called "Zen" or something. And then all the DLC people got out early too.

SFXTK was similar. I still remember it was kind of a fiasco that Cody and Guy were teased early on by Lupinko (?), popped up as a teaser in one of the CGI trailers, and then turned out to be on-disc DLC. And someone else mentioned Lei being DLC but they typoed it as Leo.

True, specifying 24 hours was hyperbolic, but SFV's roster was leaked pretty early on, no? IIRC we knew about everyone except Necalli who was called "Zen" or something. And then all the DLC people got out early too.
I believe the season 1 characters were formally announced before the game's release.

Also we still don't know who's in Season 2.

Jawmuncher

I ain't getting 90% of these comic references but I'm still hyped as hell lol

I'm here for the Capcom side. I like Marvel, but they could literally add anyone to that side of the game and I won't mind.

I believe the season 1 characters were formally announced before released.

To be fair, we haven't even gotten an official announcement of a season 2.
Though of course we know it's coming.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"

SFXTK was similar. I still remember it was kind of a fiasco that Cody and Guy were teased early on by Lupinko (?), popped up as a teaser in one of the CGI trailers, and then turned out to be on-disc DLC. And someone else mentioned Lei being DLC but they typoed it as Leo.

DLC guys got out so early because of SFV beta. Man, I still can't believe that they would leave those characters' files in BETA. That was a great time.

We only know few newcomers for awhile, but no one mentioned FANG until SFV Beta, iirc.

I hope Venom makes it back in this time, he was one of my favorite characters.

If not, at least include a Spider-Man villain like Doc Ock or Green Goblin.

I believe the season 1 characters were formally announced before released.

Eh, season 2 and post-launch in general is a different beast. I definitely remember that a decent amount of the characters present on-disc were known beforehand. Maybe it was just the newcomers and some vets?
DLC guys got out so early because of SFV beta. Man, I still can't believe that they would leave those characters' files in BETA. That was a great time.

We only know few newcomers for awhile, but no one mentioned FANG until SFV Beta, iirc.

Ah, that makes sense.

You know, the most bizarre Capcom fighting leak was when the TVC western characters were leaked early. Then Capcom gradually revealed them ending with Zero and Joe the Condor and went, "nope, that's it, that's the whole roster of newcomers". Even though Yatterman-2 was in the leak and Capcom hadn't acknowledged her at all, they insisted that those were the only newcomers.

Then a couple months later, riiight before the game came out, they finally caved and revealed Yatterman-2 was in after all. I still have no idea what the hangup there was, for her of all characters.

I might be wrong, but I thought SFV's roster was pretty leakproof until it started to hit the first Betas.

Eh, season 2 and post-launch in general is a different beast. I definitely remember that a decent amount of the characters present on-disc were known beforehand. Maybe it was just the newcomers and some vets?

Yeah, pretty much all of them were known. Only character we didn't know about for sure was F.A.N.G

His files in the betas were named "FAN" so people had no idea if that's his full name, what type of character he is so at least they managed to keep that a secret.

Capcom have gotten better at hiding their in-game files now since a LOT of stuff got datamined and leaked. Both before release and after.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Oh wow if they use Unreal Engine like SFV, they can just import all the characters from DmC!

sorry

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"

Ah, that makes sense.

You know, the most bizarre Capcom fighting leak was when the TVC western characters were leaked early. Then Capcom gradually revealed them ending with Zero and Joe the Condor and went, "nope, that's it, that's the whole roster of newcomers". Even though Yatterman-2 was in the leak and Capcom hadn't acknowledged her at all, they insisted that those were the only newcomers.

Then a couple months later, riiight before the game came out, they finally caved and revealed Yatterman-2 was in after all. I still have no idea what the hangup there was, for her of all characters.

Yeah, Capcom Fighters always get leaked so easily. It took long time for us to know full roster for MVC3 through leak. I think we found out like few months before it come out.

I might be wrong, but I thought SFV's roster was pretty leakproof until it started to hit the first Betas.

Karin, Mika, Urien and Alex were leaked but no one knew that Alex and Urien were DLC characters. I guess they had a plan for Alex and Urien to be part of base roster, but they got moved to DLC for some reason.

There are some people that leaked some characters like Dhalsim and Zangief.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
If that dumb fuck FANG shows up in Marvel I quit

No more Lethal Joke Characters dammit

I really like FANG in SFV but I would rather to see Rashid being main representative for SFV in MVC4 tho.

On second thought,

We should get Blanka (SF2), Rufus (SF4) and FANG (SFV) in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom