• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor Mill (TAKE WITH GRAIN OF SALT): Marvel vs Capcom 4 revealing at PSX/Capcom Cup

Status
Not open for further replies.

OsirisBlack

Banned
I would hope so, but the show was actually greenlit last year, when the supposed ban was still in full effect (long story short, Fox has the live-action rights for TV & film use of the X-Men, but Marvel Entertainment has to greenlight any TV efforts that Fox wants to do). If anything, the upcoming relaunch for the X-Men comics as well as Funko releasing a ton of X-merch as of recently may be a sign that the rumor of Marvel lifting the video game ban sometime in 2017 could have some truth to it.

Thinking that's where the deal was struck, not this one in particular but THE DEAL. Getting way off topic so OT hope the X men make the roster.

I kinda hate that this got leaked. Imagine if this came out of nowhere on Saturday, everyone would be freaking out.

I was just talking to a friend about how leaks are ruining the "wow" factor of the announcement. It's sad, I bet all of the Switch event will get leaked too.

Neoxon

So GAF, assuming that MvC4 is even happening, which reveal order would you prefer?
  • MvC4 during the PSX press conference, SFV Season 2 after Capcom Cup grand finals
  • SFV Season 2 during the PSX press conference, MvC4 after Capcom Cup grand finals
  • Both MvC4 & SFV Season 2 during the PSX press conference
  • Both MvC4 & SFV Season 2 after Capcom Cup grand finals

sephi22

Okay, so this conversation happened on a whatsapp group I share with some FGC friends. This happened before The Yogaflame24 tweet which seems to be the first instance of this being leaked. (Check the dates)

LRAcOHx.jpg
NJyNHT2.jpg

Context: Friend sorta works in the game industry. Is also a gaffer. Also travels to locals and local majors for tourneys.
What he said happened: He was at a social/work mixer and overheard a conversation he wasn't supposed to.
What I believed happened: He probably heard some FGC members talking conspiracy theories at a tourney and bought into it.

So I've kinda known this since Oct 7, but didn't post because AFAIK it was the first time someone mentioned MvC4 and the info would be specific enough to loop back to him. I didn't want him to get fired, or worse, have my GAF account banned for spreading FUD (lul).

But now that everyone and their mom is hinting it, maybe my friend was right all along. :O

Anth0ny

So GAF, assuming that MvC4 is even happening, which reveal order would you prefer?
  • MvC4 during the PSX press conference, SFV Season 2 after Capcom Cup grand finals
  • SFV Season 2 during the PSX press conference, MvC4 after Capcom Cup grand finals

marvel 4 should go last because nothing can follow marvel 4

Jawmuncher

MVC4 definitely needs to be last reveal. No one will be paying attention to SFV if it goes last.

The real way to do it imo would be. SFV at PSX, and that's it trolling the audience. Then at the end of capcom cup reveal MVC4.

This one, I want to be "surprised" with a cinematic trailer while watching PSX, if 4 is real heh

JayEH

Okay, so this conversation happened on a whatsapp group I share with some FGC friends. This happened before The Yogaflame24 tweet which seems to be the first instance of this being leaked. (Check the dates)

Context: Friend sorta works in the game industry. Is also a gaffer. Also travels to locals and local majors for tourneys.
What he said happened: He was at a social/work mixer and overheard a conversation he wasn't supposed to.
What I believed happened: He probably heard some FGC members talking conspiracy theories at a tourney and bought into it.

So I've kinda known this since Oct 7, but didn't post because AFAIK it was the first time someone mentioned MvC4 and the info would be specific enough to loop back to him. I didn't want him to get fired, or worse, have my GAF account banned for spreading FUD (lul).

But now that everyone and their mom is hinting it, maybe my friend was right all along. :O

how many more insiders we got here?

Neoxon

LRAcOHx.jpg
NJyNHT2.jpg

If this is true, congrats to Combofiend on the promotion. Hopefully he does a great job with MvC4 if this turns out to be legit, as it seems like it would be his dream job.

SmokeMaxX

If this is true, congrats to Combofiend on the promotion. Hopefully he does a great job with MvC4 if this turns out to be legit, as it seems like it would be his dream job.

If true... I dunno. Does Combofiend have the qualifications to be a battle director?

Producer

Now that i remember, months ago after playing umvc3 online i got a msg from some dude saying "see me in mvc4". He probably was onto something

kirblar

SFV S2 not being at the keynote would be bizarre.

JayEH

If true... I dunno. Does Combofiend have the qualifications to be a battle director?

yeah that part had me most confused. i don't really see him getting thrust in a huge role like that right away. but if he is battle director that gives some credence to a western dev working on the game like Iron Galaxy.

fake edit: im getting too far in this shit now lol. we'll there's no turning back.

80 pages and Capcom still remaining shut? Good lord.
Fake or not capcom not gonna say anything until the reveal event. You realize how much hype(false hope) have this thread generated? No way capcom would let the this hype train stop now by saying no(which I think is true that mvc4 doesn't exist).

Neoxon

yeah that part had me most confused. i don't really see him getting thrust in a huge role like that right away. but if he is battle director that gives some credence to a western dev working on the game like Iron Galaxy.

fake edit: im getting too far in this shit now lol. we'll there's no turning back.
I feel like Combofiend's already been moving up at Capcom as it is. Remember, he was one of the Associate Producers for Street Fighter V.

qcf x2

It worries me greatly. Good to have input from FGC guys but you need experienced professionals as well to make a quality product that appeals to more than just FGC guys. I know battle director has nothing to do w/ appeal, I just hope Capcom learned their lesson and doesn't pull another SFxT/SFV

SmokeMaxX

Did Woshige have the qualifications to be a battle director?

I dunno lol. That's what I mean. Nothing against Combofiend. I don't really know what it takes to be a battle director. Is it sufficient to just have a background as a competitive player? Not all competitive players think alike either. It'd be different if Mike Ross were Battle Director vs if Daigo were vs if Justin Wong were.

JayEH

I feel like Combofiend's already been moving up at Capcom as it is. Remember, he was one of the Associate Producers for Street Fighter V.

yeah i know but the jump from Associate Producer to battle director seems pretty big to me.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends

LRAcOHx.jpg
NJyNHT2.jpg

We gotta chill and hang at evo next year, I only met fgcgaf folks but it'd be nice to meet everyone else and awkwardly shake hands.

To be fair this event isn't until the end of the week.

And this is where we are at. I bet 2 days before PSX, something will be intentionally leaked, just to make everyone lose their shit to generate even more hype with parties dismissing or believing it.

NeoGAF
BELIEVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom