• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor Mill (TAKE WITH GRAIN OF SALT): Marvel vs Capcom 4 revealing at PSX/Capcom Cup

Status
Not open for further replies.

leroidys

If everything actually turns out to be true and CF is the battle director, and IG are the workhouse.

I wonder just how much Capcom of Japan is involved with the actual development of the game.
I mean, Capcom didn't make anything from SFIV on totally internally right?

61880-George-Michael-its-happening-i-dNrF.gif
Five percent

If Combo got the job, wouldn't that mean he would have had to move to Japan?

Unless the game dev is not Eighting, and is a North American one.

Marvel appeals to a more Western audience, due to the Marvel angle and the gameplay, for some reason. It's no secret that the USA is traditionally dominant in Marvel historically. Perhaps getting a Western studio to produce a Marvel style fighter is a perfect fit.

Bizazedo

Needs Professor X. I need someone in a wheelchair I can relate to in video games / movies / TV shows.

Something.

/s

Just give me Zero back without lightning loops.

sephi22

What I am trying to suggest is that there is more information out there that people are not sharing. Random images of people's phones pales in comparison to this.
I see what you're saying Dahbomb, and I even agree. I only posted the screens cause back then to me it was 0% chance of being true, but now with others also hinting at it, I'm reading everything my friend typed to me in a new light.

Other things he mentioned:
1. Game will more 'casual focused'. What he meant by this is that they won't have the insane amount of esports push like they did with SFV and CPT. I said 'so like any other game not SFV?' and he said yeah. It won't be a platform like SFV and more like a traditional FG. Capcom is looking to regain casuals lost with SFV and split its FG base as the hardcore (SFV) and the relatively more casual (MvC4).

2. It will have a big marketing push like NRS did with MKX.

Having said that, he speculated that it would get announced late 2017 and be out late 2018. So it seems he was definitely off in his speculation. Dunno if the 2 things I listed above are speculation or true. Seems an awful long conversation to eavesdrop on.

Tales from his ass? Probably, unless someone who's in the know (Lupinko? Shinobi? Max?) can corroborate one or two of these things.
I'm personally 100% in #TeamReal now. To me, Mahvel is like 90% happening, CapCombofiend is at 60% and Iron Galaxy at 10% based on gut feeling.

8lcJw.gif

I-hate-u

Marvel appeals to a more Western audience, due to the Marvel angle and the gameplay, for some reason. It's no secret that the USA is traditionally dominant in Marvel historically. Perhaps getting a Western studio to produce a Marvel style fighter is a perfect fit.

But is there even a Western studio that is capable of producing an anime fighting game?

Just realized Capcom has a trinity of "Never Happening" games.

Marvel 4.
DMC 5.
Dino Crisis.

Could you imagine if they announced all three? It's the closest you could get to Sony E3 of dreams again.

Please be real Marvel 4.

Dahbomb

Just realized Capcom has a trinity of "Never Happening" games.

Marvel 4.
DMC 5.
Dino Crisis.

Could you imagine if they announced all three? It's the closest you could get to Sony E3 of dreams again.

Please be real Marvel 4.
Dino Crisis is the least likely of this. DMC5 is actually way more likely than Marvel 4 and Marvel 4 has a heavy rumor going in its favor right now.

DMC5 at least is not in "never happening" category.

I don't trust a western dev to make a Marvel 4 without it looking incredibly fugly due to trying to make it as realistic-looking as possible, which would hit the Capcom side of the roster like a sack of bricks. I still remember the horror show that was the Marvel-produced promotional MvC3 art.

sephi22

Oh yeah, forgot about Labzero.

But are they big enough to handle a Marvel 4?
Nope. Not even close. Mike Z and friends can deliver the gameplay systems(custom assists would be amazing) but I don't think Lab Zero is big enough to do all the art etc

A don't trust a western dev to make a Marvel 4 without it looking incredibly fugly due to trying to make it as realistic-looking as possible, which would hit the Capcom side of the roster like a sack of bricks. I still remember the horror show that was the Marvel-produced promotional MvC3 art.
Skullgirls has the best sprites/animations in the business. A skullgirls style Mahvel 2 remaster would be the tits. It would also cost like a billion dollars to make.

.la1n

There are two things people can do to dinos in games

1. Make it a robot.

2. Put boxing gloves on it.

I didn't think we'd ever see a dinosaur translate over to a fighting game without looking goofy but IG proved me wrong with Riptor.

Now to the real question; does Hsien Ko make her triumphant return to garbage tier glory.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom