• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTC| Delicious cooking not in thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

FlowersisBritish

fleurs n'est pas britannique
I'm sure Araki can come up with something crazier than Made in Heaven

I got to be honest, I can barely keep up with how the stands in Part 8 work, they're all a little too weird and abstract for me to really "get." Like, I understand how they're used in the context, less in the sense "Oh, that's a clever use of power" and more "Oh, I guess it can do that?"

cntr

Banned
Part 6 was the ending of Jojo. SBR was originally an entirely separate series that Araki retconned a few volumes in into being part 7.

and fwiw, I've never found a stand difficult to understand, not even in part 8. Maybe I'm just weird.

The titties are a boobytrap, you're actually getting more feelings and character development!
I see that pun there and approve of it

Nah, SBR was still Jojo, it just wasn't gonna be called Jojo for the sake of it being a reboot.

Hard to say it's a separate series when you get Gyro Zeppeli and Johnny Joestar at chapter 1.

cntr

Banned
You'd think, but I can totally believe Araki would do that

also it feels kind of weird to be talking about this stuff outside the Jojo OTs

Okay, so on top of re-reading Sora no Otoshimono, I thought I'd read Soil again because they were close to each other in alphabetical order and it got me to this page in the beginning that sort of sums up why I think claims of the art being bad are completely unfounded.

2_Soil.V01.Ch02.0894e6f3b233ed89.png

The paneling getting smaller as you go down the page combined with the walkie-talkie and eye zooming in until both completely overtake the tiny panels that they appear in is really incredible direction and paneling.

The light novel character bullshit soured me on Black Clover badly for some reason. Haven't read it for several weeks now and I'm not sure I feel like picking it back up.

Taruranto

No.6 End

There was no use for the Oprah BEES gif I had ready, I'm so disappointed.

I already watched the (awful) anime and read some of the novel (It was OK I suppose, but I can't read books on a screen so I dropped it. I also remember it being a tad repetitive... redundant at times) so I pretty much know what to expect, still it was a pleasant read I suppose.

I thought the part about Shion's mum knowing the people who built No.6 was weird when I read it the first time years ago... and I still think it was weird even in the manga. I guess it's just the fact that she doesn't seem to be very involved and knowledgeable about No.6, on the top of me not realizing the town is relatively "new" I suppose, and not some years old utopia.

Also holy moly, the part in the Correlation Facility. They get in around chapter 19 and the came out around chapter 31. That's like half of the story! I'm always surprised how little time they spend in the outskirts.

The ending was probably the part that most differ from the anime, no wonder it got such a negative reaction. I really liked Safu character, she's written pretty differently from the usual anime/manga female characters, so her final moment got a pretty strong reaction from me.

Also lol, Mother and Grandmother supercomputers, getting Terra E flashbacks!

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
Tokyo Ghoul:Re

I'm pretty upset that Touka and Yoriko aren't friends anymore, but given everything, it makes sense. I hope they can still be friends even after things are out in the open.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Nemesis is the best thing to happen to TLR since Darkness.

Kaguya 45

Oh god, this entire chapter. The assists. That "results of today's battle". The taxi driver. That chapter title drop. Absolutely flawless victory.

Kaguya 45

I felt recently the previous chapters have been weak and the painful result of switching to a weekly format forcing the author to maintain the status quo.

These past 2 chapters completely blew me away. The tone shift from the flavor/topic of the week to this arc was incredibly well done.

No.6 End

There was no use for the Oprah BEES gif I had ready, I'm so disappointed.

I already watched the (awful) anime and read some of the novel (It was OK I suppose, but I can't read books on a screen so I dropped it. I also remember it being a tad repetitive... redundant at times) so I pretty much know what to expect, still it was a pleasant read I suppose.

I thought the part about Shion's mum knowing the people who built No.6 was weird when I read it the first time years ago... and I still think it was weird even in the manga. I guess it's just the fact that she doesn't seem to be very involved and knowledgeable about No.6, on the top of me not realizing the town is relatively "new" I suppose, and not some years old utopia.

Also holy moly, the part in the Correlation Facility. They get in around chapter 19 and the came out around chapter 31. That's like half of the story! I'm always surprised how little time they spend in the outskirts.

The ending was probably the part that most differ from the anime, no wonder it got such a negative reaction. I really liked Safu character, she's written pretty differently from the usual anime/manga female characters, so her final moment got a pretty strong reaction from me.

Also lol, Mother and Grandmother supercomputers, getting Terra E flashbacks!

Was her line about wanting his sperm also in the manga.

I should get the final three or four volumes that I dont have. Dont think I opened beyond just v1

rrvv

Kaguya 45

I felt recently the previous chapters have been weak and the painful result of switching to a weekly format forcing the author to maintain the status quo.

These past 2 chapters completely blew me away. The tone shift from the flavor/topic of the week to this arc was incredibly well done.

I don't see much issue in quality before and after the switch. There is not much development before the switch to begin with.

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
Innocent Rouge vol. 4

This was pretty easily the best volume of Rouge yet and also one of the more entertaining volumes of Innocent overall. There is still the sort of material you'd expect - Marie-Joseph splatters some dude's brains all over the execution platform in very explicit detail - but this was generally sillier than usual and it ends up being a pretty fun set of chapters. Marie Antoinette uses letters laid out like Twitter replies, there's a lot of super exaggerated expressions, and there's some cool kickboxing action from a returning character. I like the blur / concussion effect applied to those kicked upside the head especially, even if it's only used on a few panels. The overall story progressed quite a bit with dissent now spinning out of control and people organizing to kill the king. This continues to look amazing and I continue to love it.

Taruranto

Was her line about wanting his sperm also in the manga.

I should get the final three or four volumes that I dont have. Dont think I opened beyond just v1

Yes, but she also says she doesn't care about that, it was just an excuse. Anime went for shock factor, Safu is straight-forward but not clueless to social interactions.

Kaguya 45
Ok, that was well worth the past chapters. That build up was so so good.

Lycanthrope Bouken 1
No, no werewolves is involved.

By the creator of Muhyo to Rouji, comes his manga that dwells into the whole make fun of JRPG tropes but where Dungeon Meshi focuses on cooking and adventuring, here the focus is on adventurer's insurance run by Boss(thats his name) and I guess not your typical slime girl called Chief. Its interesting in the whole insurance aspect but thats all it has going for it IMO. Still gonna read since I like the art and Muhyo to Rouji.

mdubs

Banned
I'm just saying to you all, I'm five volumes in and don't any of you be sleeping on Forget Me Not.

51KrCJi31fL.jpg

If you want some pretty deep coming of age stuff with romance and great art, get in now

Maou-jou de Oyasumi 19

d0ivNBJ.png

How to conclude a cavalry battle in 2 pages. Even with a dimension between us, seeing the princess flying towards you with a pair of giant scissors is still pretty traumatising. Also allowing her to build more EXP strikes me as unwise.

Tejina Senpai 36-37

Figuring out senpai's thought processes isn't the most difficult task for a budding psychic. It's certainly easier than digesting her magical cooking.

Division Girl - Second Half

This is an advanced form of NTR that should be contained and then destroyed, though I approve of the numerous stabbings and the morbid conclusion. Still unsure whether the clones can duplicate themselves if the original's deceased. Only 1 story left in this unforgettable compilation.

bobohoro

I should get back to Sora No Otoshimono. I kinda dropped it halfway through since I didn't have much time to read manga at that time and shit got too dark for my mood. But it was pretty good from what I remember.

Fairy Tail 513

Bestiality incoming?
Can't wait for the sudden dragon power spike of Erza coupled with friendship asspulls to defeat Eileen, an opponent way out of league for pretty much everyone in the manga.

Lain

I'm just saying to you all, I'm five volumes in and don't any of you be sleeping on Forget Me Not.

51KrCJi31fL.jpg

If you want some pretty deep coming of age stuff with romance and great art, get in now

Main dude was such an asshole to both working girl and driver sempai (I don't remember the names sorry!). I gotta read volume 5.

MHA chapter 118

OMG this chapter was insane! Bakugo my boy! You are such a good character! All this guilt, all his questions about Deku, this is insane.

This is clearly no Naruto vs Sasuke, the build up to this is sooooo good! The art gives this so much emotions! It's so expressive...I love it.

Man it's crazy how this series just gets more hyped every god damn chapter.

Owari no Serafu 52

Good battle formation moment and playing with Crowley. Otherwise I enjoyed the debate between Narumi and Mika, the page with Hope and Despair was great.

Yuu is funny as usual.
Cy7TmvdXcAILStJ.jpg:large

Cy7TmvhW8AAPU-l.jpg:large

Zweizer

Banned
Maou-jou de Oyasumi ch19

On the bright side, there were about zero casualties for once.

Happy Sugar Life ch13

Boy, is she going to be involved into this dangerous game as well?

Tejina Senpai ch36-37

At least with food they aren't putting themselves in danger.

Shishunki Bitter Change ch38

Things just got even more complicated.

Minamoto-kun Monogatari ch196

She sure cares a lot about her underwear.

DEAD Tube ch28

Good thing he's so liked by the producer!

Okay, so on top of re-reading Sora no Otoshimono, I thought I'd read Soil again because they were close to each other in alphabetical order and it got me to this page in the beginning that sort of sums up why I think claims of the art being bad are completely unfounded.

The paneling getting smaller as you go down the page combined with the walkie-talkie and eye zooming in until both completely overtake the tiny panels that they appear in is really incredible direction and paneling.

Oh Soil. I read the first volume ages ago, I always wanted to continue it.

Innocent Rouge vol. 4

This was pretty easily the best volume of Rouge yet and also one of the more entertaining volumes of Innocent overall. There is still the sort of material you'd expect - Marie-Joseph splatters some dude's brains all over the execution platform in very explicit detail - but this was generally sillier than usual and it ends up being a pretty fun set of chapters. Marie Antoinette uses letters laid out like Twitter replies, there's a lot of super exaggerated expressions, and there's some cool kickboxing action from a returning character. I like the blur / concussion effect applied to those kicked upside the head especially, even if it's only used on a few panels. The overall story progressed quite a bit with dissent now spinning out of control and people organizing to kill the king. This continues to look amazing and I continue to love it.

Wait. Rouge? What's that?
/searches
Oh, Innocent switches magazines so they changed the name. Ok.

51KrCJi31fL.jpg

That's confusing, why I read 'Forget me Not' I thought on this
5473580660_444315cacf_z.jpg

phaze

Tokyo Ghoul:Re

I'm pretty upset that Touka and Yoriko aren't friends anymore, but given everything, it makes sense. I hope they can still be friends even after things are out in the open.

Yoriko just gave a CCG investigator a name of what she had to know was a ghoul for him to search for. Truly Best Friends Forever.

------

Arrggh gotta catch up on Innocent.

For those reading Seraph of the End, I had a quick observation.

With the last chapter info.

Krul being a 4th? Or so progenitor, wouldnt that make Mikaela something between a 7th and 10th progenitor? He should be much stronger then he is now at least. He did drink Krul blood to become a vampire no?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom