• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Limited Run Games - Putting digital games into your hands

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dyna

I'm relieved to see that my Shantae order has shipped out last friday according to the tracking link, but still pretty bummed that it took this long. Oh well, mistakes happen to everyone, can't hold a grudge against LRG for this.

LiK

I've been lazy at posting all my LRG pick-ups. they randomly arrive and i keep forgetting to do a nice pic for them, lol

Back in the thread - looks like we actually have a decent amount of Stranger's Wrath left over (it wasn't easy to get the word out about it to attendees). We're formulating a strategy for how they'll be sold that should allow most people who really want it to get it.

In January, we're taking care to try and launch games side-by-side so international fans should be happy with that decision.

LiK

Back in the thread - looks like we actually have a decent amount of Stranger's Wrath left over (it wasn't easy to get the word out about it to attendees). We're formulating a strategy for how they'll be sold that should allow most people who really want it to get it.

In January, we're taking care to try and launch games side-by-side so international fans should be happy with that decision.

Reserve one for me please

A friend of mine have been waiting for the Dragon Fantasy games to arrive, and it's been almost 3 months now, and she's getting worried that she lost her money. Is it safe to assume that they will arrive eventually? No replies to emails or messages either. We love what LRG is doing but not replying is not acceptable; a simple "We're working on it" would be more than enough.

What should we do?

Really, wow. Our spam filter wreaks havoc on the LRG email account so we're moving support to a better system. Please have her lodge a support request at limitedrungames.freshdesk.com.

Ah yeah weird, just checked mine and same thing. Why would it stand still for a month? Anyway Thanks, because I had stopped checking my tracking info each week because nothing was happening. Good to see some action now at least.

We scheduled a mail pickup with USPS and they took ten bags full of international shipments without us knowing. That accounted for thousands of orders and put them in limbo for a month. We just got them back last week so things couldn't move until then.

save one for your good pal mthodmn101

It would be interesting to know ! Now that they can reliably sell 10k+ units of bigger games, maybe the minimum print appears more reasonable ?
Of course there is this problematic region-lock, but I'd be more than happy to buy AA5 even if I can't play it on my PAL console right away ^^

So there's definitely hope then ! I hope Josh or Doug would clarify this a bit, and explain what would be necessary to make it happen =)

Also, off topic :
I've noticed preorders for Soldner X-2 were still up, even though they're only releasing 3000. I wonder why they're not selling this out... are people simply not aware of this re-release ?

Minimum order quantities are actually not an issue with Nintendo. At the moment, they aren't approving new Wii U retail publishers (and I don't expect that to change) - for 3DS, it's a matter of that platform being beyond our scope of knowledge. What I love about us is that we're not just a publisher, we're a developer too - we understand how to actually code and put together a physical release from start to finish. We don't have any of the necessary tools for 3DS development and honestly, there are a lot and I don't really know what they all do. It would take us too long to spin into 3DS publishing with a confident understanding of the platform - by the time we do, Switch would be on the market and we might as well have just focused our efforts there. For the record, we plan to try our best to be able to support the Switch. I wouldn't count on 3DS or Wii U unless they're game we're just acting as a distributor on.

Soldner-X 2: It's not selling out because there just wasn't that much additional demand for it and a lot of the people who want it still want our release specifically (even though this one seems to be rarer by 200 copies). I imagine it has sold well enough to justify itself but I wonder if Play-Asia will bother to dabble in more low-key exclusives.

f but I wonder if Play-Asia will bother to dabble in more low-key exclusives.

I certainly hope they or someone else does continue with it. As someone who just wants physical copies of the games I like without needing them to be special variants or limited runs that sell out in a day it's great to have more companies doing it. Being able to get Soldner X-2 for non scalper pricing is the best for me. Sure I would have loved to have been able to be available when it was up from you guys but I wasn't so I hope there is a continuing market for other places having "backup" copies when it so happens that I miss a day.

Eating a pinecone is better then giving money to someone who bought a new game just to flip it.

blacksark

Is skullgirls still planned to ship in January? Want to know more games :O.Btw thanks for thinking in international customers.

Great news!

Soldner-X 2: It's not selling out because there just wasn't that much additional demand for it and a lot of the people who want it still want our release specifically (even though this one seems to be rarer by 200 copies). I imagine it has sold well enough to justify itself but I wonder if Play-Asia will bother to dabble in more low-key exclusives.

I can imagine American collectors wanting the American release over an Asian one. People are probably also less inclined to import in stead of ordering locally. The LRG one was sort of like a "first print" too. Plus, as you sort of implied, Söldner-X LRG being part of the LRG set probably counts as well.

I double dipped, btw. Wonder how many people did the same thing.

Weevilone

If you'd like your heads to explode due to logistics, simply offer them to your customers that have purchased every release thus far.

I tried my best to send people over there! Everyone I talked to went right over and bought a copy. Definitely a matter of not knowing about it. I sent about 7 people over to buy copies.

blazeuk

Still waiting for my Shantae games to turn up too but they did finally depart the processing centre a few days ago so good news on that. Hopefully I'll be able to get my hands on a copy of the alt. Stranger's Wrath now there's more copies available than previously thought!

Moofers

I'd be down for a blue Stranger's Wrath. I don't visit the LRG forums, as I'm not a "must have 2 of every release!" kind of guy, but I like keeping up with what you have going on. I know the site has some games listed as upcoming releases, but is there a more updated list out there somewhere? I think I heard Fallen Legion is coming but I don't see that on the site. That's a must-have for me.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
I'd be down for a blue Stranger's Wrath. I don't visit the LRG forums, as I'm not a "must have 2 of every release!" kind of guy, but I like keeping up with what you have going on. I know the site has some games listed as upcoming releases, but is there a more updated list out there somewhere? I think I heard Fallen Legion is coming but I don't see that on the site. That's a must-have for me.

Check the OP. ;)

The OP of this thread has about the most updated list you can find.

Yayyyyy.

I really hope this works out for you, because that's massive news for me, thank you so much!

Have you guys worked up a bit of a warchest now where you don't need games to sell out immediately in order to fund the next one, out of interest?

Or you can find copies for a great price on Ebay..literally great..

I just can't help it to think about the fact that these people come to the Limited Run stand, maybe chatting it up a bit with merch on what a great job they are doing, then going home and put it straight on Ebay for 150 or more..

Wow, I did just this - the talking with the devs part and buying the game but I fully intended to play it myself since I never have before. Can you really sell it for 150 though? I mean I want to play the game but that kind of money isn't easy to pass up!

Olengie

I want one. :p

Any chance you guys will sell off some of the extra covers alone that you received from Sony? I would love the blue cover but don't really need 2 copies of the game, especially since the blue variant comes with less stuff.

Skulldead86

Neo Member

Interesting

So I know this won't please everyone (I don't think anything will) but this is how the extra blue variants will be sold. Bear in mind that most people wanting it are completionists that want every variant and cover.

- 70% will be sold in a bundle with all three sealed cover variants. Again, most of the people who want the variant want all three covers, so this is the cleanest and easiest way to give them that wish.
- 25% will be added to the pool of standard copies and inserted into orders of those - meaning any orders of a standard copy could end up being the blue variant. If you get the blue cover and don't want it, we'll gladly accept the return and swap it for the regular cover.
- 5% will be sold in charity auctions on eBay.

The charity auction ones will likely sell for "market value" whatever that is, but your money will be going to charity, not a reseller.

If you miss out, see below.

Any chance you guys will sell off some of the extra covers alone that you received from Sony? I would love the blue cover but don't really need 2 copies of the game, especially since the blue variant comes with less stuff.

Yes, that's highly likely. IIRC, I had to order 1,500 or 2,500 covers to hit their minimum so they've got a surplus on hand that will come back to us in a few months.

Hopefully this means that nearly everyone should have no reason to be upset at this point.

So I know this won't please everyone (I don't think anything will) but this is how the extra blue variants will be sold. Bear in mind that most people wanting it are completionists that want every variant and cover.

- 70% will be sold in a bundle with all three sealed cover variants. Again, most of the people who want the variant want all three covers, so this is the cleanest and easiest way to give them that wish.
- 25% will be added to the pool of standard copies and inserted into orders of those - meaning any orders of a standard copy could end up being the blue variant. If you get the blue cover and don't want it, we'll gladly accept the return and swap it for the regular cover.

The charity auction ones will likely sell for "market value" whatever that is, but your money will be going to charity, not a reseller.

Yes, that's highly likely. IIRC, I had to order 1,500 or 2,500 covers to hit their minimum so they've got a surplus on hand that will come back to us in a few months.

Hopefully this means that nearly everyone should have no reason to be upset at this point.
I like the gamble aspect!

dallow_bg

nods at old men
Guess I'll order the triple pack.
If anyone just wants a regular edition, I'll ship you one of the extra ones at cost with free shipping.

Yikes. So either pay tripleish for all three cover variants or pay for one and hope that it's the blue cover???

Which makes total sense, because it'll likely mainly be completionist collectors who want that blue variant, as Josh pointed out.

Still a better deal than having to resort to eBay too for whatever variant you would want.

If you want just the blue cover, there's nothing stopping you from selling the other two, btw.

Edit: didn't realize there were actually 3 variants...

Ventara

Wait there are three variants? I thought there was just the regular and the blue edition? Or are we counting the regular edition as two variants? Does that mean there will be some regular copies of one side and some of the other?

Wait there are three variants? I thought there was just the regular and the blue edition? Or are we counting the regular edition as two variants? Does that mean there will be some regular copies of one side and some of the other?

Same as Shantae
This game features a reversible cover. Which cover is sealed facing outwards is random. We can not guarantee which cover you will receive when you order

Shizuka

Since the guys are back, I wonder if they can confirm that 2017 will see more LRG releases than 2016 and if we'll get to know January's releases before the year is over.

Ventara

Same as Shantae

Ah, I see, alright, I guess I'll go with the triple. On a side note, I don't think the idea of 25% of them being random is a good idea. Even if LRG is willing to pay for the return shipping (which I doubt they are), this is just extra hassle for them and more wait time for the customer.

ephemeral

Sounds good to me; can't wait :).

I think thats good except for the 25% because people want the xtra goodies that the blue varient doesnt include.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom