• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTC| Delicious cooking not in thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

e_i

Goblin Slayer chapters 1-3

"We are going to kill some goblins."
We are going to be killed brutally."

Crocodile

Akame Ga Kill

The most satisfying chapter I've read in a long ass time. Loved, loved, loved how Esdeath straight up died. No eternally freezing herself in a block of ice, she's just gone. And lmao at Leone still being. Girl is clearly being powered by yuri.

The AGK anime was bad and I have no interest in reading the manga but I'm glad Esdeath got a less stupid, more cathartic (to the consumer) death and that Leone is still alive (the anime did her dirty).

So earlier today I posted this

Well someone on GameFAQs anime/manga thread fixed this image and I wanted to share it with yall since he figured out what it was missing.

ROFL

Rendezvous (Tousaku Shoujo Shoukougun END)
ix9VHxj.png
"That's cos B-ko-chan looked so cute when she was suffocating" is the most romantic line I've read this year. I hope they spend a very enjoyable/erotic eternity together.

So concludes the best/worst yuri compilation of all time. The unorthodox subject matter makes it difficult to recommend to anyone without a taste for the twisted, but for the enlightened among us, it's been a memorable ride. The doki doki adventures of A-ko and B-ko will be sorely missed.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Fuuka

Called it. She has comic book amnesia or something.

Unless it's just all in his head which would be a huge cop out.

Zweizer

Banned
Rendezvous by Shimazaki

And thus marks the closure of the Tousaku Shoujo Shoukougun anthology, which while at the surface might appear to be a simple compilation of quirky yuri stories, hides a much simpler core: that love transcends all boundaries, especially that of common sense.

Talking with this girl I gave my number to makes me realize I don't have any good cosplay ideas for Anime Boston. And I only go to cons if I cosplay.

A little annoyed that my ZTD Phi costume didn't work out, and unfortunately I don't believe the season will be close enough to shorts weather to make it easy to find super high waist sailor shorts.

Sasaki and Miyano 1

BL Fanboy Saski trying to just enjoy his normal school life with his senpai Miyano. Nice story especially the boys friendship theme. I do wonder if it will become a BL though.

Well I guess I could check the pixiv. I think this was one of those made on pixiv compiled as a sold volume later thing.

Boogiepop

Real quick: Is Rohan at the Louvre indeed as awesome of a thing as it sounds? Thinking of grabbing it for a friend who's been loving the Jojo's anime now that Part IV is winding down (and finally grabbing a copy for myself)...

Edit: Oh god, it's gone terribly out of print, huh? Crap, that sucks...

cntr

Banned
Rohan at the Louvre is pretty great yeah, most of the Rohan spinoffs are.

Bonus points for the series being called "THUS SPOKE KISHIBE ROHAN".

e: wow I thought this was the DiU thread

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
Real quick: Is Rohan at the Louvre indeed as awesome of a thing as it sounds? Thinking of grabbing it for a friend who's been loving the Jojo's anime now that Part IV is winding down (and finally grabbing a copy for myself)...

Edit: Oh god, it's gone terribly out of print, huh? Crap, that sucks...

It's a fun little horror story, though don't expect Rohan to act like he does in Diamond.

Maou-jou de Oyasumi 14 - 19

The princess once again shows she's the most dangerous one there. The demon king should just cut his losses at this point and send her back.

I did like how the goal of the tournament became getting the princess to fall asleep so she couldn't do anymore harm.

Shonen Jump Issue 2/3:
Haikyuu!! (Lead CP)
One Piece
Boku no Hero Academia
Sesuji wo Pin! to
Zutsuke! Yokohama Ouka Koukou XXxX-bu (CP, One Shot)
Demon's Plan
Black Clover (CP)
Ole Golazo
Yakusoku no Neverland
Saiki Kusuo no Sainan
Gintama
Kimetsu no Yaiba (CP)
Yuragi-sou no Yuuna-san
Shikori Dama! (One Shot)
Samon-kun wa Summoner
Hinomaru Zumou
Shokugeki no Souma
Spring Weapon Number One
Ibistsu no Amalgam
Isobe Isobee Monogatari

Shounen Jump Issue 4/5:
Lead CP: Boku no Hero Academia - 2nd Popularity Poll Results
CP: Boruto, Canvas (One Shot by Nakama Ryou (author of Isobe Isobee Monogatari)), Tomatoypuu no Lycopin (One Shot by Ooishi Kouji (author of Inumarudashi))
One Shot: Haru yo, Koi! (Part 1; by Itou Tsunehiro (illustrator of Tokyo Wonder Boys))

I'm guessing both Amalgam and Spring weapon are pretty much dead.

Always happy seeing MHA still strong at the top!

Shonen Jump Issue 2/3:
Haikyuu!! (Lead CP)
One Piece
Boku no Hero Academia
Sesuji wo Pin! to
Zutsuke! Yokohama Ouka Koukou XXxX-bu (CP, One Shot)
Demon's Plan
Black Clover (CP)
Ole Golazo
Yakusoku no Neverland
Saiki Kusuo no Sainan
Gintama
Kimetsu no Yaiba (CP)
Yuragi-sou no Yuuna-san
Shikori Dama! (One Shot)
Samon-kun wa Summoner
Hinomaru Zumou
Shokugeki no Souma
Spring Weapon Number One
Ibistsu no Amalgam
Isobe Isobee Monogatari

Shounen Jump Issue 4/5:
Lead CP: Boku no Hero Academia - 2nd Popularity Poll Results
CP: Boruto, Canvas (One Shot by Nakama Ryou (author of Isobe Isobee Monogatari)), Tomatoypuu no Lycopin (One Shot by Ooishi Kouji (author of Inumarudashi))
One Shot: Haru yo, Koi! (Part 1; by Itou Tsunehiro (illustrator of Tokyo Wonder Boys))

I'm guessing both Amalgam and Spring weapon are pretty much dead.

Yeah, they are ranked last and 2nd last (since Isobe's ranking is never a real ranking). So this year we had three survivors (Neverland, Kimetsu and Ghost Tits), but Jump lost 5 big titles this year form its line up.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
We're in that weird Christmas period where Jump is bi-weekly until January.

Yeah, Amalgam and Spring Weapon are one foot in the grave.

Soma's lucky its sales are massive.

Good on Promised Neverland maintaining a Top 5 spot (everything between Straighten Up and Promised Neverland is unranked)

hamchan

How do you guys feel about buying physical copies of series that may never be finished? I'm talking about Hunter X Hunter, Berserk, Nana, X/1999 etc.

On hand I actually really like these series. On the other hand it feels weird to put something on my shelf that may be incomplete forever.

How do you guys feel about buying physical copies of series that may never be finished? I'm talking about Hunter X Hunter, Berserk, Nana, X/1999 etc.

On hand I actually really like these series. On the other hand it feels weird to put something on my shelf that may be incomplete forever.

Just bought the final 7 chapters of HxH I was missing the other day, I've come to accept that It may just never finish but I still want to have them physically.

I mean I have D.Gray-Man, Witch Hunter and Übell Blatt in my collection since forever so I guess I don't really mind. I do hope they will end eventually tho.

Yeah, they are ranked last and 2nd last (since Isobe's ranking is never a real ranking). So this year we had three survivors (Neverland, Kimetsu and Ghost Tits), but Jump lost 5 big titles this year form its line up.
It lost 5 big titles? I can only think of 4. Bleach, Toriko, Assassination classroom and Nisekoi. What is the 5th?

I mean I have D.Gray-Man, Witch Hunter and Übell Blatt in my collection since forever so I guess I don't really mind. I do hope they will end eventually tho.

It lost 5 big titles? I can only think of 4. Bleach, Toriko, Assassination classroom and Nisekoi. What is the 5th?

Kochikame, aka the manga that ran for 40 years.

As someone who bought Viz books in the 90s, I rarely buy manga anymore.

tearsofash

So I was looking to sell some manga and I was doing some price research. A manga called "Maka Maka" is selling for $1000+ on Amazon and can't be found on Ebay. Does anyone know if people are actually buying it at a thousand? Sorry if this isn't really in line with the topic, but it's manga so I figured I'd ask.

rrc1594

Fuuka 135

Seo plz bless us and have it Fuuka never died. Right now manga is just boring, and I rather read off the wall batshit crazy then a boring manga.

jman2050

I hope the guy meets five girls named Fuuka, tries to get with each of them, eventually marries someone not named Fuuka but their daughter ends up being named Fuuka, and it turns out the manga was named after her all along.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom