• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTC| Delicious cooking not in thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
So Fuuka 1.0 is alive again? LOL fucking Seo
Is this turning into shitty Love Hina or what

I MADE A PROMISE TO MARRY A GIRL NAMED FUUKA WHEN I WAS A KID BUT NOW THERE ARE 5 FUUKAS?!!?!?!?! WHAT DO

And then 300 chapters later he just marries the first Fuuka he met because fuck the time you spent reading this piece of shit. I think even Sasuga would be embarassed to write something like that.
How do you guys feel about buying physical copies of series that may never be finished? I'm talking about Hunter X Hunter, Berserk, Nana, X/1999 etc.

On hand I actually really like these series. On the other hand it feels weird to put something on my shelf that may be incomplete forever.
As someone with two meter high piles of One Piece volumes, I only buy physical copies of short, completed series anymore.

Wiseblade

Why do people read Seo manga? I tried it once and I couldn't even make it all the way through. And I read Rage End.

AND I READ TLR DAILY FOR 4 MONTHS

Hakoniwa no Fräulein 1
128492397453565tu1h.jpg
A cute girl running a cute (supernatural) detective agency isn't exactly an original premise, and this opening chapter didn't inspire confidence that it'll become anything truly memorable, but regardless, there's a 0.27% chance of me not following a manga with a gothic lolita heroine. Though her personality's a little too submissive to fully suit the role. Some studying at the B.A.D. school would've done wonders for her.

Shonen Jump Issue 2/3:
Haikyuu!! (Lead CP)
One Piece
Boku no Hero Academia
Sesuji wo Pin! to
Zutsuke! Yokohama Ouka Koukou XXxX-bu (CP, One Shot)
Demon's Plan
Black Clover (CP)
Ole Golazo
Yakusoku no Neverland
Saiki Kusuo no Sainan
Gintama
Kimetsu no Yaiba (CP)
Yuragi-sou no Yuuna-san
Shikori Dama! (One Shot)
Samon-kun wa Summoner
Hinomaru Zumou
Shokugeki no Souma
Spring Weapon Number One
Ibistsu no Amalgam
Isobe Isobee Monogatari

Shounen Jump Issue 4/5:
Lead CP: Boku no Hero Academia - 2nd Popularity Poll Results
CP: Boruto, Canvas (One Shot by Nakama Ryou (author of Isobe Isobee Monogatari)), Tomatoypuu no Lycopin (One Shot by Ooishi Kouji (author of Inumarudashi))
One Shot: Haru yo, Koi! (Part 1; by Itou Tsunehiro (illustrator of Tokyo Wonder Boys))

I'm guessing both Amalgam and Spring weapon are pretty much dead.

Always happy seeing MHA still strong at the top!
I live for BLack Clover color pages.

Do people still want viz to get dead series?

I live for BLack Clover color pages.

Do people still want viz to get dead series?

Most of Viz's audience don't really follow or understand how the Japanese Jump works. This past week they got asked questions like "did you guys cancel red sprite or did Japan cancel red sprite" and request for Demon's plan and Amalgam of Distortion. Obviously anyone who knows how Japan works isn't going to bother asking for amalgam since its doa.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Most of Viz's audience don't really follow or understand how the Japanese Jump works. This past week they got asked questions like "did you guys cancel red sprite or did Japan cancel red sprite" and request for Demon's plan and Amalgam of Distortion. Obviously anyone who knows how Japan works isn't going to bother asking for amalgam since its doa.

Viz should probably post a page explaining how things work.
Unless that would somehow deter business.

bobohoro

Mai Ball 68

Can't blame them, forgot about the studying as well.
And the strategy is actually quite good. Mai can shoot from everywhere but has problems with her aim. But since it is consistent, Kiiro can just sprint in there and flick the ball in the corners. It uses both players strenghts and is pretty hard to defend without trying to completely shut them down.

Corpse Party - Book of Shadows 6
Another Corpse Party revival! Though this is presumably just going to regurgitate the game's content, so I'm less enthused for it than I was for Another Child. Congratulations to Naomi for managing to keep her head this time, but commiserations to Seiko for losing it again. I can't really ship anyone with Naomi since she's one of my least favourite characters from the franchise, but her BFF's confession was welcome all the same.

rrc1594

Seo just bring out a certain WTF out of you

Look at Half and Half the male MC told female MC that she should be the one to die, because she wouldn't be able to live without him. Right after taking her V-Card and she was pregnant. That's some special type of writing right there.

cntr

Banned

Look at Half and Half the male MC told female MC that she should be the one to die, because she wouldn't be able to live without him. Right after taking her V-Card and she was pregnant. That's some special type of writing right there.
You know that old image of a pear going "wut"?

That's what this post feels like.

Lolol waaaaat?

What the FUCK

Marche90

... Huh.

I'm currently on a break from reading manga since I'm trying to manage my games' backlog, but I've been marking some series to read whenever I get around doing that. Half and half was marked. Keyword: was. Wtf.

Semi-related to the break thing: which series is Ghost Tits? Yuragi? Haven't been following this thread for a while

FlowersisBritish

fleurs n'est pas britannique
One Punch Man King One Shot This is basically a scene from the ONE manga but with boring jobbers. Still, it was fun to read because King is bae

Platinum End 13-14 This feels like it's trying to be a Satoshi Mizukami manga with its shonen brand of hopefulness within a dark story. But it doesn't balance its tone nearly as well and the realistic art style doesn't really mesh well with it either. End result, when it's trying for kamen rider stuff, looks kind of too silly. Thank god for new comer with the best smile in the world. This is three for three of pretty great villains so far. Too bad it looks like my favorite character on the hero side is gonna die soon.

To you, The Immortal 2-4 Okay, now I have a better idea of how this is going to work. Incidently, I love stuff like this where a character's specific move set is met with a general look and panic of "The hell is happening right now?" and they start to freak out and jump to crazy conclusions like "is this is the will of God???"

That sounds AMAZING!

bobohoro

Half & Half isn't even the worst SEO manga.
Princess Lucia is.
While I don't remember much, my manga spreadsheet shows it to be the only manga I gave a 1 out of 10. Comment: Everything's dumb.

Half & Half isn't even the worst SEO manga.
Princess Lucia is.
While I don't remember much, my manga spreadsheet shows it to be the only manga I gave a 1 out of 10. Comment: Everything's dumb.
You see thats why Princess Lucia is his best work

Its short
Its a simple harem romcom
Characters are actually idiots so I don't feel like I'm losing braincells when they do something idiotic

It's the only Seo manga that I actually managed to finish because it ended before it got so insane that I started feeling my brain melt. Closest I got before that was Suzuka that I think I read what, 80% of it?

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Fuuka's Resurrection is the biggest Fuuka-related story since Fuuka x Truck.

rrc1594

I mean Half and Half made sense in a way. The reason the Male MC and Female MC were linked by God is because she fell on him after trying to kill herself. God told them in 7 days one of them has to die and it's their choice.

Even though they were together for 7 days and fell in love, it made some sense because they could feel each other's motions. Which made a bond between them so I can see how they fell in love quick. Sadly it did make sense for her to die because she most likely would killed herself anyway because the only person she had in her life was going to die. In the end she learned to care about life and his life was taking instead. My biggest take away was how much that God was a savage.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Attack on Titan 88

Unfortuantely, the Title Drop in this chapter just didn't work in English.

The name of the titan power Eren has is translated as "Attack Titan," but the actual name of the titan is "Shingeki no Kyojin" but they couldn't translate it to "Attack on Titan" because it makes no sense in English.

dani_dc

Fuuka 135

This is going to be all in his head, he's going to use this meeting with Fuuka 1.0 to accept that it's ok to move on from her to a new Fuuka.

I really hope this is a real character who just happens to look like Fuuka/be alternative dimension Fuuka/Zombie Fuuka.

Attack on Titan 88

Unfortuantely, the Title Drop in this chapter just didn't work in English.

The name of the titan power Eren has is translated as "Attack Titan," but the actual name of the titan is "Shingeki no Kyojin" but they couldn't translate it to "Attack on Titan" because it makes no sense in English.

Should have just called it the Attack on Titan and let it stand awkward translation and all.

Angry Grimace

Should have just called it the Attack on Titan and let it stand awkward translation and all.

They should have called it the "Shingeki no Kyojin" and just let it work for people who understand it.

It's never going to be translated properly anyways.

Fuuka 135

This is going to be all in his head, he's going to use this meeting with Fuuka 1.0 to accept that it's ok to move on from her to a new Fuuka.

I really hope this is a real character who just happens to look like Fuuka/be alternative dimension Fuuka/Zombie Fuuka.

I'm guessing its exactly what I predicted 50 chapters ago: they pretended Fuuka died because she got incurable amnesia and isn't the same "person" or some bullshit.

Wiseblade

Should have just called it the Title Drop Titan and been done with it. The only well executed title Drops in Manga I can think of were in Silver Spoon and Baby Steps.

dani_dc

I'm guessing its exactly what I predicted 50 chapters ago: they pretended Fuuka died because she got incurable amnesia and isn't the same "person" or some bullshit.

This wouldn't make sense though, there was a chapter with the wake and a cremation, and we even had Suzuka going to Fuuka family grave (though that could be painted as symbolic).

The wake would be extremely hard to justify.

Manga Sales Nov 28th - Dec 4th

*1. 282,363 *,282,363 Haikyuu!! Vol.24
*2. 245,163 *,245,163 One Punch-Man Vol.12
*3. 147,750 *,147,750 Cardcaptor Sakura: Clear Card-hen Vol.1
*4. 133,843 *,133,843 World Trigger Vol.17
*5. 116,905 *,116,905 Boruto: Naruto Next Generations Vol.2
*6. 113,294 *,113,294 Tensei shitara Slime Datta Ken Vol.3
*7. 109,332 *,163,026 Horimiya Vol.10
*8. *93,043 *,*93,043 Dakaretai Otoko 1-i ni Odosarete Imasu. Vol.3
*9. *87,314 *,*87,314 To LOVE-ru Darkness Vol.17
10. *82,988 *,124,965 Toaru Kagaku no Railgun Vol.12

11. *81,552 *,*81,552 Toriko Vol.42
12. *76,408 *,*76,408 Aoki Hagane no Arpeggio Vol.13
13. *72,313 *,*72,313 Hataraku Saibou Vol.4
14. *60,120 *,*60,120 Kinnikuman Vol.57
15. *59,814 *,*59,814 Black Clover Vol.9
16. *57,655 *,*57,655 Yuragisou no Yuuna-san Vol.4
17. *57,510 *,196,262 Hoozuki no Reitetsu Vol.23
18. *56,947 *,*56,947 Dragon Ball Super Vol.2
19. *54,180 *,351,983 Magi Vol.31
20. *53,453 2,435,076 One Piece Vol.83

21. *52,188 *,355,991 Terra Formars Vol.19
22. *42,403 *,*42,403 Sousei no Onmyouji Vol.10
23. *39,745 *,*81,017 Dame na Watashi ni Koi shite Kudasai Vol.10
24. *38,593 *,*67,358 Hidamari Sketch Vol.9
25. *36,997 *,*36,997 Gallery Fake Vol.33
26. *35,584 *,212,997 Major 2nd Vol.7
27. *33,453 *,250,075 Fairy Tail Vol.58
28. *30,878 *,*30,878 Hana Nochi Hare: HanaDan Next Season Vol.5
29. *29,180 *,*29,180 12-sai. Vol.10
30. *27,546 *,190,039 Golden Kamuy Vol.9

31. *26,375 *,*26,375 Kuroko no Basket: Replace Plus Vol.5
32. *24,380 *,*24,380 Yakusoku no Neverland Vol.1
33. *24,276 *,166,465 Magi: Sinbad no Bouken Vol.11
34. *24,145 *,101,595 Genshiken Vol.21
35. *23,293 *,*23,293 Asahinagu Vol.21
36. *22,936 *,147,743 Himouto! Umaru-chan Vol.9
37. *22,611 *,*48,604 Short Cake Cake Vol.4
38. *21,815 *,*21,815 Kimetsu no Yaiba Vol.4
39. *21,158 *,359,915 Arslan Senki Vol.6
40. *20,158 *,*20,158 To LOVE-ru Darkness Vol.17 Special Edition

41. *19,833 *,*19,833 Jigoku Sensei Nube Neo Vol.8
42. *19,731 *,*19,731 Kumo desu ga, Nani ka? Vol.2
43. *19,663 *,*38,429 Clover trefle Vol.7
44. *18,766 *,*18,766 Mogura no Uta Vol.51
45. *18,543 *,*18,543 Sesuji wo Pin! to: Shikakou Kyougi Dance-bu e Youkoso Vol.8
46. *18,386 *,*18,386 Cardcaptor Sakura: Clear Card-hen Vol.1 Special Edition
47. *18,368 *,*53,810 Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya 3rei!! Vol.8
48. *17,882 *,*58,608 Toaru Majutsu no Index Vol.18
49. *17,534 *,*17,534 Mogura no Uta Gaiden: Papillon Dance Vol.7
50. *16,973 *,*16,973 Fire Punch Vol.3

First volume of Neverland didn't do bad, even more so since this was likely a short week. Unless something else caused every single Jump series to be about 40% down compared to their previous volume first week sales.

This wouldn't make sense though, there was a chapter with the wake and a cremation, and we even had Suzuka going to Fuuka family grave (though that could be painted as symbolic).

The wake would be extremely hard to justify.

"The doctors said she'd never get her memories back and she wanted to start a new clean life so we respected her wishes"

Shengar

Other peoples anger induced by Seo manga is the type that I can enjoy.
This is a post that I can agree with.

ohwow.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom