• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTC| Delicious cooking not in thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean, all the Fuuka rage is fun to watch but it is NOTHING compared to the sheer anal devastation that Good Ending and Kimu no Iru Machi no Rage Town produced.

That shit was apocalyptic.

Manga Sales Nov 28th - Dec 4th

32. *24,380 *,*24,380 Yakusoku no Neverland Vol.1

First volume of Neverland didn't do bad, even more so since this was likely a short week. Unless something else caused every single Jump series to be about 40% down compared to their previous volume first week sales.
Yea 24k for a first voulme in 3 days seems pretty good to me. It already pretty much set itself above Kimetsu and Saiba. Most titles only have like 3 days worth of sales in this ranking.

I don't know if anyone here knows, but what were FW volume sales for series like My Hero Academia and Black Clover? Could be nice to compare.

Yea 24k for a first voulme in 3 days seems pretty good to me. It already pretty much set itself above Kimetsu and Saiba. Most titles only have like 3 days worth of sales in this ranking.

I don't know if anyone here knows, but what were FW volume sales for series like My Hero Academia and Black Clover? Could be nice to compare.

BC did 38,128
MHA did 71,575

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
Jitsu wa Watashi wa ch. 151

So this is how that curse in Uzumaki actually started.

Attack on Titan ch. 88

Yeah, that was almost a cool title drop, but nyet.

cLOUDo

I just have to look that fuuka chapter
Lmao

Maybe a twin sister or she survive somehow and have amnesia (definitely not an illusion)

cntr

Banned
Who the fuck okayed 'Attack on Titan' anyway. It's not even proper English.
iirc, "Attack on Titan" was in the logo right from the beginning, so it was probably okayed by someone who didn't speak English.

you can sort of see how they got there, Shingeki no Kyojin is literally translated "Advancing Giants", but English is hard so they made it "Advance Giant", someone later changed that to "Advance on Giant", and then someone used a synonym dictionary to make it "Attack on Titan"

jitsu wa watashi wa 151

sweet potatoes? Gross.

Anyway, you knew from the start with Akane there that something was bound to happen.
Also I want one of those cool looking clocks too.

Shirke

iirc, "Attack on Titan" was in the logo right from the beginning, so it was probably okayed by someone who didn't speak English.

you can sort of see how they got there, Shingeki no Kyojin is literally translated "Advancing Giants", but English is hard so they made it "Advance Giant", someone later changed that to "Advance on Giant", and then someone used a synonym dictionary to make it "Attack on Titan"

I'm not sure if it's a thing, but the engrish title "Attack on Titan" sounds a lot more appealing to hear and say compared to "Advancing Giants". Though with the new title drop, Advancing Titan would make more sense than Attack Titan to me, but that would kinda ruin the whole title drop thing.

This is something that would sound a lot better in the anime when they say out loud "Shingeki no Kyojin", and have whatever translation in subs, similar to how in BlazBlue, the BlazBlue was localised to Azure Grimoire, and for whatever reason they sometimes switch between the terms back and forth in the text and voices.

Attack on Titan

Well that was depressing. The series has some crazy winding story telling, but it seems to be going in an interesting direction.

I mean, all the Fuuka rage is fun to watch but it is NOTHING compared to the sheer anal devastation that Good Ending and Kimu no Iru Machi no Rage Town produced.

That shit was apocalyptic.
Don:'t even remind me of GE. The oneshot had so much potential god fucking damn it

And Domestic na Kanojo is heading the same way if not worse

klaushm

Boku no Hero Academia / My Hero Academia 119

It's pretty hard to find a weak chapter of BnHA, and this wasn't at all.
Pretty good chapter. Deku and Kacchan are really getting the best of each other.

Nanashi no Asterism 11
tEU4GgM.png
I appreciate Kotooka's proactive stance here, it's a refreshing change from the genre norm. Unfortunately fate appears to be conspiring against her in <genre norm> ways. Feels like it's too soon for Asakura to find out about lil' bro's deception, but we'll see how this plays out.

I'd rather watch others suffer in my stead.
I'm pretty sure this was my motto in my high school yearbook.

bobohoro

Jitsu Wa Watashi Wa 151

That was one scary page at the end there.

Boku No Hero Academia 119

Bakugo made some pretty big steps in terms of mobility in a fight. That was some top-notch explosion control. I just hope Deku doesn't win flatout after this.

Jitsu Wa Watashi Wa 151

That was one scary page at the end there.

Boku No Hero Academia 119

Bakugo made some pretty big steps in terms of mobility in a fight. That was some top-notch explosion control. I just hope Deku doesn't win flatout after this.

Nah next chapter erasure stops the fight

Zweizer

Banned
Jitsu wa Watashi wa ch151

What a twist!

Okusan ch36-37

Getting old is quite tough.

Words of wisdom to live by.

Youkai Shoujo - Monsuga ch85

They know how it works now, and I have no doubt that he's going to defeat his friend eventually anyways.

Lain

I'd rather watch others suffer in my stead.

I'm pretty sure this was my motto in my high school yearbook.

Definitely SSS rank.

Forget Me Not volume 5

I just can't believe how much of a loser the MC keeps being. I'm baffled at how many bad decisions he can take and how they continually come back biting him in the ass by making him feel more and more miserable. I really wish he'd grow up a bit because, even if self serving, he wants to do the right thing from time to time.

Happiness volume 2

Man, when I was starting to like Yuki, the ex asshole classmate (he even rushed to save Makoto) things turn grim for him, though that frail hope left at the end of the volume. I hope Makoto will manage to find and save him.

Minna! Esper da yo! volume 3

This keeps being a source of cringe. This volume adds the actual dangerous esp people, dangerous as in one being an evil manipulative asshole who makes it so a hikkikomori esp starts killing people (and the first person he kills is the esp researcher's daughter at the end of the volume right as out telepathy esp guy tells her "don't worry, I'll protect you").
At least we got an explanation about why the guys and girls got their esp powers, which fits perfectly with the mood and themes of this manga (the cover for this volume should convey some of the themes to those in the know): you need to be a virgin who was masturbating while some cosmic ray or stuff came over.
At this point I simply have to trudge on to see how this ends.

Deadly

One Piece 849
Looks like there's some double crossing going on. Either Big Mom screwing them over or what would be really interesting, a Kaidou minion coming to fuck up the alliance.

MHA 119
I bet this is when someone intervenes. Wouldn't a hit at even 8% deal incredible damage?

Shokugeki no Soma 195
Finally getting the backstory here! I bet it's that he meets someone and realizes he doesn't always have to one-up himself to cook for the food snobs but would rather cook for people that always appreciates and enjoys his cooking

Shingeki no Kyoujin 88
Where does it go from here? So many things could happen now...

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Shokugeki no Soma

Rindo is secretly the best chef isn't she? She's second place but she's lazy, just like Jochiro.

Zweizer

Banned
One Piece ch849

Brook is in quite a pinch. Looks like it's up to Chopper and Carrot now.

My Hero Academia ch119

Bakugou has quite an inferiority complex.

Shokugeki no Soma ch195

Must have been rough for poor Doujima.

Attack on Titan ch88

13 years, huh? I doubt it's going to factor much considering the series seems to be headed towards the finale.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Shokugeki

They're telegraphing Rindou as the real best chef at the school really hard.

I always found it funny that the fandom immediately latched onto Rindou (despite her having zero lines in her first appearance) and she immediately started showing up way more than anyone else in the Elite 10.

Zweizer

Banned
Opapagoto ch5

The council president is quite a case, though on the other hand there's nothing more approriate than a smug dominatrix for this setting, and this does provides a clearer outline for the story, now that she a goal beyond trying to survive with her family.

Nanashi no Asterism ch11

Well then, are they going to have a nice chat?

Tachibanakan to Lie Angle ch4-8

The smutty adventures of the yuri romcom continues. There still doesn't seem to be an obvious pick as to who between Konomi and Iori will come out on top, so it's most likely going to reach an harem end.

Konomi has such bad luck though.

One Piece 849
Damn, Chopper's plan was pretty badass. Not sure who attacked Reiju though.

SNK 88
So flashback is over. Pretty neat to see how Eren got his name. Assault Titan would've been better.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
When do we get to the chapter where we find out Joichirou quit cooking because Soma's mom got hit by a truck?

cntr

Banned
Coming soon, the manga about two trucks falling in love! But tragedy! One of them was mistaken for scrap and torn apart.

Later, Truck-kun discovers that Truck-chan's parts were recycled to create Truck-chan 2.0.

May your legend continue, Truck-kun.

spiritfox

Coming soon, the manga about two trucks falling in love! But tragedy! One of them was mistaken for scrap and torn apart.

Later, Truck-kun discovers that Truck-chan's parts were recycled to create Truck-chan 2.0.

If I replace all the parts in a truck is it still Truck-kun?

What if I took the old parts and made another Truck-kun?

soma 195

I'm liking these backstory chapters. My guess is Somas dad just stopped caring about being number one, and just wanted to make the food he wanted.

Shokugeki

They're telegraphing Rindou as the real best chef at the school really hard.

I always found it funny that the fandom immediately latched onto Rindou (despite her having zero lines in her first appearance) and she immediately started showing up way more than anyone else in the Elite 10.

Yeah, Rindou is probably just like Jouicirou, in being carefree and doing whatever she wants.

But now what will happen to Zamboni-chan that Truck-kun fell in love with after?

bobohoro

One Piece 849

Why can I see Big Mom and Brook interacting in so many interesting ways?
Panty jokes, marriage, maybe he flat out defeats her?
And is Capone finally making his move?

Shokugeki No Soma 195

So Saiba got fed up with people falling over themselves to praise and idolise him and looked for bigger challenges as well as creating ridiculous stuff.
While that's nice background, if Azami really went mad because of this and him feeling betrayed, it's...well. Childish? Dumb?

Mai Ball 69

Damn, that cover.

Hayate No Gotoku 552

All those ships are sinking. Hard.

phaze

BnHa

Not really feeling this. It's drawnout out and Bakugou&Deku draw out the worst of each other in those situations.

Also this has been an issue for me for a while, but Dekou with 5% should already have been outmuscling, outspeeding peeps with no physical augmentation quirks.

Amano Megumi wa Suki Darake! 1-12

Series about a nerdy workaholic high schooler who wants to get to Famous University in order rejoin his Fantasy Love Interest who's super academically smart.
Enters his then-tomboyish now super hot childhood friend who's obviously in love with him and asks him to help her with homework.

Ecchi and/or romcom tropes ensues.

Grand Blue 18-19

I haven't laughed at a manga since forever

Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai - Tensai-tachi no Renai Zunousen 44-45

zMFPlnb.png

Damn right it is.

Ace of Diamond Act II 58 - 59

I dont understand why Seta and Okumura are second string, but some random goofball no names get promoted to first string. ugh.

Okumura is such a mystery to his classmates. I love it.
CzLVPVbWQAEbdxy.jpg:small

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom