• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTC| Delicious cooking not in thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wiseblade

I mean, all the Fuuka rage is fun to watch but it is NOTHING compared to the sheer anal devastation that Good Ending and Kimu no Iru Machi no Rage Town produced.

That shit was apocalyptic.
Honestly, Rage end wasn't that bad. If you ignore that the worst girl won, and that the MC has girls continue to drool overhim after he stomps all over their feelings, and that "rape me" chapter, and that SHE DUMPED HIM BECAUSE HE WOULDN'T RAPE HER-

Rage End sucks.

Honestly, Rage end wasn't that bad. If you ignore that the worst girl won, and that the MC has girls continue to drool overhim after he stomps all over their feelings, and that "rape me" chapter, and that SHE DUMPED HIM BECAUSE HE WOULDN'T RAPE HER-

Rage End sucks.
This post is like the perfect rendition of how one's opinion about Kimi no Iru Machi escalates

Amano Megumi wa Suki Darake! 1-12

Series about a nerdy workaholic high schooler who wants to get to Famous University in order rejoin his Fantasy Love Interest who's super academically smart.
Enters his then-tomboyish now super hot childhood friend who's obviously in love with him and asks him to help her with homework.

Ecchi and/or romcom tropes ensues.

The redeeming qualities of Amano are that Amano is THICC, the vanilla cuteness of their relationship and that there's a surprisingly subtle and cute underlay of Amano very obviously liking and doing things to wind up around the MC and the MC still recognizing and being a teenager who thinks about her pervily if never acting on it so he's not just as shallow as he seems.

It's one of the cuter, lighter ecchi series going.

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
One Piece ch. 849

Oda teasing pretty hard still with Pudding being evil or not.

My Hero Academia ch. 119

Some neat art in a few of these panels. This rivalry is still w/e to me though.

The redeeming qualities of Amano are that Amano is THICC, the vanilla cuteness of their relationship and that there's a surprisingly subtle and cute underlay of Amano very obviously liking and doing things to wind up around the MC and the MC still recognizing and being a teenager who thinks about her pervily if never acting on it so he's not just as shallow as he seems.

It's one of the cuter, lighter ecchi series going.
True, one of the few series of this type that doesn't leave me completely disgusted at myself after reading it

;)

It's funny how the MC acts realisticly pervy for his age and not like a freaking eunuch romcom MC that tend to piss me off.

Yuzumori-san 11
jMeCVU5.png
Woah. I was right about Mimika's upcoming funeral, but not quite in the way that I expected. Usually I'd interpret that reaction as the result of a misunderstanding based off Mimika's line about not staying friends, but I never quite know with this series.

Kanojo wa Rokurokubi - Final Chapter

Ugh, I did not like the last couple chapters and I did not like the ending. Fuck. I know it was a rushed axe ending but dammit, that still was just a blurfy ending. I wanted to see some deepthroating, dammit.

Wombs 16

Geez, there's something just really unsettling about Morgan growing attached to the "transfer organ" in her and forcing the Lieutenant's hand. I also really like that they addressed the Lieutenant's PTSD and that it was treated by the doctor, but apparently whatever tactics she used lead to this weird new transfer corps. There's gotta be something more to them; they don't wear armor and only do cargo transfers to non-dangerous locations. Leads me to believe with the flashback earlier that maybe they're treating the "Transfer organs" in a similar manner to Morgan, actually caring about the alien baby inside.

And Jesus Christ, the dolls and Crimson Boss were fucking eery and really fucking uncomfortable to look at.

Aiki-S

AGH HOLY SHIT NEW CHAPTER OF AIKI

agh dornier lost boo

Zannen Jokanbu Black General-san 23

At least GG-chan still has child-bearing hi - RAMIPASU

And I'd love it if GG and one of the mooks hooked up.

Kengan Asura 43

Thanks Mobama.

We did get a little tidbit that the Kure clan head was the Association Chairman's fighter when they were younger which gives us a small bit of insight into how strong the Kure clan head actually is. A funny chapter but not a lot went on other than introducing the Association Head's two kids (one of who is the announcer and one who is...a random...dude). I did laugh pretty hard at that panel calling out the one dude and it doubled my stacked tan girl seams bursting for the day.

pa3QjQB.png

As for the fight, oh gee, I wonder who will lose. The guy we've had a number of chapters of focus on or the Ronald McDonald's super American fighter with the grill who says cock and fuck and shit and rape all the time. It is a mystery.

Shin Chimoguri Ringo to Kingyobachi Otoko 8a

I love this manga but it is so fucking weird. So the heads of the divers knew that killing the Fishbowl Man would turn the entire town into goldfish and thus they would still be needed and now they're gonna use Ringo to make another Fishbowl Man. Suika gets her moment to shine and Ichinose committed harakiri but she's okay now.

Sure. Okay.

Gleipnir 15

I dunno if fucking a hot chick is the past way to enter into a secret pact considering every time I've ever done it I've told everybody.

Meanwhile the majority of this crew SCREAMS cannon fodder. I look forward to all of them dying horribly and crying and it breaking the MC's mind.

Overlord 21

FUCK THESE LIZARDMEN ARE THE BEST

I just want my lizardmen comic, this arc has been like a fucking 10/10 the whole time.

Meanwhile Cocytus is heading towards some dour looking shit for losing a battle he had "been trusted" to win but I doubt Ainz will do anything to him. In fact I'd be kinda disappointed if he did. Cocytus is strong enough to beat the entire lizardman army single-handedly and is basically told by Ainz "Don't actually use any strong minions in battle, use like five skeletons but also here's a lich and if you use it I'll be secretly disappointed in you" so I can't exactly say it was fair to handicap him so strongly and then be disappointed when he doesn't deliver.

That and there are way too many "I'm a demi-human/monster because I look human but have a tiny tail" in Nazarick anyways and we need more dudes that actually look like badass monsters.

Was also missing best waifu Entoma, 10/10 would let poison me and slowly devour my limbs over the course of a week.

I don't know how you guys can complain about either GE or anything Seo writes when so many of you people actually read Wolf Guy.
Hey now, Wolf Guy was tolerable until it did the do and that was like a couple chapters before the final fight against wolfcock fetishist Dio so I just finished it for closure

I mean, half of the reason I read it was because I was looking forward to the inevitable Wolf Guy/Titty Teacher fucking.

Then it never happened and she got raped for like...30 chapters.

So, you know...fuck that.

Devils line vol 4

Well they're starting to learn who some of the traitors are. Hopefully they're able to take care of them. Also, a good amount of romance plot between Tsukasa and Anzai. Though it seems like we might learn more about Anzai seen as how this volume ended.

Revo

Haikyuu!! 232

Really glad to see Kiyoko get more stuff about her.

Haikyuu!! 233

Just need a bit to acclimate then it's time to roll some heads.

Erigu

iirc, "Attack on Titan" was in the logo right from the beginning
Not as far as I can tell, actually.
Also, the series actually called the giants... well, "giants" in English, in the first volume. I'm thinking "Attack on Titan" was thought up by some editor. I vaguely remember reading an interview of one of those guys being really proud of being the one who came up with the current logo for the series, but I can't recall the specifics nor the exact source...

mdubs

Banned
Shokugeki 195

I am digging this back story segment. Pretty sure the next chapter is going to show Jo's decline at the school, and then probably end off with Soma's mother coming on the scene. It all circles back to the first chapter, yay.

Attack on Titan 88

I want to know more. I re-read chapters 86-88, and it's better if you already it all at once (although it's pretty cool nonetheless). Monthly series are tough to follow.

Not as far as I can tell, actually.
Also, the series actually called the giants... well, "giants" in English, in the first volume. I'm thinking "Attack on Titan" was thought up by some editor. I vaguely remember reading an interview of one of those guys being really proud of being the one who came up with the current logo for the series, but I can't recall the specifics nor the exact source...

Definitely came from the JP side though very early on.

Forget Me Not volume 5
I just can't believe how much of a loser the MC keeps being. I'm baffled at how many bad decisions he can take and how they continually come back biting him in the ass by making him feel more and more miserable. I really wish he'd grow up a bit because, even if self serving, he wants to do the right thing from time to time.

That's what makes this series so great, because it's about Yusuke just reacting in ways, that while quite real, lead to bad outcomes for him as he tries to figure out how romance works as he keeps putting himself in these toxic situations

Umisho 70 - 104

Lol, so Okiura can swim just fine this whole time. I kinda miss the third years now that they're gone. Well, except for occasional appearances. Didn't think Shindou had a chance winning over Amuro anyway, but its nice to see Amuro and Okiura acknowledge some kind of relationship.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I would be legit shook if Soma's mom shows up at all in this arc

Any feel good cute girls doing cute things manga?

Already read rabbits and coffee. A channel. Seitokai yakuindominatrix (it counts). Wide face drawing club.

I would be legit shook if Soma's mom shows up at all in this arc

I agree. I think this is something we're not going to find out for a while.

Already read rabbits and coffee. A channel. Seitokai yakuindominatrix (it counts). Wide face drawing club.

Have you read New Game!? I think its pretty good.

There's also Bakuon, its a feel good cute girls doing cute things manga

jman2050

I looked up a summary to Good Ending recently and it didn't sound THAT much worse than your average Shoujo-manga love dodecahedron BS, but then a summary is only just that.

Is there something specific about the pacing or the way it was written that makes it so memorable? Honest question.

Shoukoku no Altair

This series is a real guilty pleasure, and a fun way to occupy an evening. The art is breathtaking at times, and the main artist has a humongous range of character designs.

The story is disappointing though (major spoilers to end),
mainly stemming from the main character. What I thought this story was gonna be was some sort of coming of age of a diplomat/pacifist type character. They set him up as a kind of peace-maker and I liked how there were alot of things he just couldn't do. He was actually pretty ineffectual in like the first third of the story after the initial opening arc, and the story did a great job of showing him a talented but inexperienced official.

Then like 1/3 of the way in he suddenly becomes this omnipotent magnificent bastard character. I'm glad they stopped giving him hawk based superpowers but in exchange he's now this single combat / tactical / strategic / diplomatic genius. I like the character and I don't mind seeing him succeed but the story would benefit more from him just outright having a few more fuck-ups or actually being outmaneuvered. He would benefit from a real rival too, not the stupid chancellor who's the chessmaster or big bad, like some kind of star general counterpart that he could lose a few times to.

I really hope they do something interesting with the counter-invasion plot, could be a good time to bring the whole "pacifism" idea back again.

Lain

I looked up a summary to Good Ending recently and it didn't sound THAT much worse than your average Shoujo-manga love dodecahedron BS, but then a summary is only just that.

Is there something specific about the pacing or the way it was written that makes it so memorable? Honest question.

Some (or many) in here dislike Good Ending mainly because of something one of the main female characters does
at some point, to get over her problem with getting intimate with her boyfriend because of something happened in her past, she tells him to have sex with her and even if she starts pushing him away he should keep going and he doesn't want to do that to her so she breaks up with him.
and what that does to the story.
Good Ending isn't bad, it's nicely average. Its biggest fault is to overstay a bit its welcome. It's got nothing on any Seo manga or stuff like Happy! from Urasawa, when it comes to shoddy setups and infuriatingly badly written characters.

You Will Hear the Voice of the Dead 6
Dark idols are best idols. The author seems to share my sentiment, seeing as Mako was the only guest star to actually be useful during that whole predicament, as well as causing some slight plot progression at the end. The (oddly amusing) bonus insights into Jun and Ryoko when the latter was alive are welcome.

You can try Ashita wa Doyoubi. Short chapters bout these 3 middle school gals just messing bout. There's a lot of cheek pinching and short school life stuff.

Grand Blue 19
What a missed opportunity by Iori. In the end, he technically slept with Azusa. But she penetrated him.

Zweizer

Banned

Chio-chan no Tsuugakuro: Cute girls doing nerdy things.
Shinmai Shimai no Futari Gohan: Cute girls doing cooking things.
Hitoribocchi no OO Seikatsu: Cute girls doing socializing things.
Joshikausei: Cute girls doing mundane things.
New Game!: Cute girls doing video games developping things.
Swap ⇔ Swap: Cute girls doing bodyswapping things.
Tsukushi Mates: Cute girls doing schoolgirling things.
A Room For Two: Cute girls doing roomating things.
Tousaku Shoujo Shoukougun: Cute girls doing things to cute girls.

Lexxism

The part where she asked his bf to rape her so that she can get over her bad past or trauma. Of course the bf didn't want that and she broke up with him after that. That's probably my worst part of the manga.

Lain

Received the Perfect Editions of Yamatogawa's Aqua Bless, Power Play and How Good was I? (no covers for obvious reasons) today and they're chock-full of cute girls doing cute things.

Butt she penetrated him.

Ain't nothing wrong with that. Best end.

Grand Blue 19

Man, Iori dun fucked up. Azusa is DTF then he says 5 pages after turning her down he wishes he had a girlfriend. Ya goofed.

But seriously, this was a bit refreshing to see. Normally Azusa and girls like her are treated like sluts or are the joke but the mangaka this chapter treated her openness and sexuality with respect and didn't automatically make it a negative. Which is super rare to see.

Zweizer

Banned
Criminale! ch25-27

America sure is a fearsome nation, if it produces officers like Sabine.

K3YHwjK.png

Good thing Momoka is always there to set things straight.

Arabesque

UQ Holder 131

Asuna has a very strange definition of being a grandma.

It feels like the series is finally getting out of its weird transition from what it used to be to the Negima 1.5 it had been set up as, after 3 chapters of this. Which I'm glad, since I hope the cast has sometime to digest and understand what had been revealed so far.

Not much else to say other than I thought the action was cool and it's also good we have confirmation on all the theories now. Guess it's end game going forward now.

At least the World Trigger fandom remains active in this time of great tribulation.

Oh yeah, it's Yuzuru's birthday isn't it.

Pretty cool cosplay.

I hope Ashihara makes a full recovery, but I don't think this is great tribulation for the fandom. Ashihara's condition happened suddenly, but it isn't anything new. This is the best time for a break with it being years end anyways.

Besides, it's pretty much similar to what every fandom with a sick author goes through, look at what the D.Gray-Man fandom went through for example. It will remain active since it's large and people still read and enjoy the series, and volumes will be out for the foreseeable future.

Detective Conan 981:
Another mysterious character shows up. The fact that we're not even getting his name revealed is a bit suspicious. He could possibly be Akai's father, although I'm not quite sure if he's old enough (it's tough to tell based on how much of him is hidden). That's the first real idea I thought of for a new and mysterious guy at any rate. He's skilled enough to keep Conan from even noticing his presence at all.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"

MC's girlfriend asked him to have sex with her while she protested because she had been traumatized by the fact that her last boyfriend convinced her they should lose their virginity together, but then he filmed it and sent it to the whole school. She somehow figured that if he had sex with her despite her protests, it would somehow make her "get over" the traumatic experience. That was the only really dumb Seo-level moment that I remember, and MC refused to do it.

Honestly, GE wasn't THAT bad. MC wasn't nearly as dense or chickenshit as some romcom protagonists - he picked up a couple of girls and actually managed to score without being a total creep about it. I don't recall there being any gum disease moments either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom