• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTC| Delicious cooking not in thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Grand Blue 19
Azusa casually asking sex and Iori of course refuse thinking it was a test or something. BRUH. Also, lol that leek finally manage to find its way into Iori asshole

Kaguya 45

BEST.USE.OF.CHAPTER.TITLE.DROP.EVER
Man, 45 chapter, and this series is still solid. I expect anime announcement at the end of the year or early January

Isekai Izaya Nobu 7

This one getting an anime adaptation. While the episodic nature is fun, i guess we're going to get real plot soon.

Akagi latest

Well, shit. I guess i better find good washizu avatar during January.

Detective Conan 981:
Another mysterious character shows up. The fact that we're not even getting his name revealed is a bit suspicious. He could possibly be Akai's father, although I'm not quite sure if he's old enough (it's tough to tell based on how much of him is hidden). That's the first real idea I thought of for a new and mysterious guy at any rate. He's skilled enough to keep Conan from even noticing his presence at all.

Detective Conan is still ongoing?!?
is he still a kid ?

I'm not sure if it's a thing, but the engrish title "Attack on Titan" sounds a lot more appealing to hear and say compared to "Advancing Giants". Though with the new title drop, Advancing Titan would make more sense than Attack Titan to me, but that would kinda ruin the whole title drop thing.

This is something that would sound a lot better in the anime when they say out loud "Shingeki no Kyojin", and have whatever translation in subs, similar to how in BlazBlue, the BlazBlue was localised to Azure Grimoire, and for whatever reason they sometimes switch between the terms back and forth in the text and voices.

Should have been called March of the Titans.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Criminale! 24-26

Tsukiko was barely in these chapters so they automatically sucked.

Criminale! 25-27
8GB0NyK.png
Doooo iiiiiiit. If Harukana ever did depart from this series then I'd be devastated. I figure we're leading up to a heartwarming scenario where Sabine successfully captures her but her classmates rally around to conduct Operation Save Best Girl. Or something.

That's the next arc.

As long as it's not some sort of monsters case. I love Heiji and Conan's relationship, but I'm sick of all the big Heiji cases for like the past five years being some sort of "something that people think is a vampire/zombie/nue/demon dog/whatever".

Detective Conan is still ongoing?!?
is he still a kid ?

Yeah, still ongoing, and probably for awhile yet given the current direction of the plot. But the series has managed to keep up the general level of quality remarkably well over the years, especially compared to other manga of similar lengths.

Revo

Tanaka-kun wa Itsumo Kedaruge 49

Probably should be paying for all this limo service he gets.

Tanaka-kun wa Itsumo Kedaruge 50

So many sibling pairs.

Tanaka-kun wa Itsumo Kedaruge 51

No love for the book at all.

LeleSocho

Banned
Tamayura Kitsune 1-8 END

Short cute story about a guy and a fox familiar brought to you by MangaGAF people, the ending was a little "??" but it was a nice 30 minute read.

As one of the few dozens who still use their vita to this day, this is pretty neat. This also reminds me that I should start reading this series next.

Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou Vol 1 to Vol 2

A manga bout a green haired robot gal, left behind by her master, who owns a cafe in a small town. Its also in a future where parts of Japan had been swallowed by the rising sea water. Its been so far a cutesy and interesting slice of life where Alpha, the main character, goes bout interacting with town folks like the ever squinting eyed Ojisan and Takahiro, his grandson. I'm digging the great use of tones and shading and the art is overall pretty darn good. My only gripe is so far, the robots in this universe seem to be more cyborg-ey than android-ey, seeing as Alpha, for example, can get drunk, drink and sleep like a normal human. Hoping this gets addressed further the more I read on.

ccU8QpI.png

The author also likes to draw Alpha with a cat smile.

cntr

Banned
From the impression I got, the androids in YKK were made to imitate human beings, right down to being able to get drunk. It's a deliberate thing in-universe.

Kengan Ashua 1-29

Pretty standard fighting shonen series.

I'd actually say that as it goes on it gets surprisingly unstandard. Nonstandard? Whatever. The real strength of the manga is it's art and the more the manga progresses the more and more the artist starts getting ridiculous with his art; someone once compared it to Bill Plympton and I'd agree with that. It also has a really neat habit of faking you out by pulling a standard trope out from under your feet just as you thought it was going to go off without a hitch.

Needless to say I think it's a pleasant surprise and quite a lot better than the vast majority of shonen fighto going nowadays (mostly because I think it's shonen due to magazine classification? since a lot of the shit that happens in it sure doesn't follow your regular level of shonen stuff. Tons of sex and enormous violence).

This manga is super good but I think I keep falling out of reading it because more soft and airy manga I have a tendency to read weekly, which is against my usual "consume everything immediately" way of doing things. So I'll read like 8 or 10 chapters and just get apathetic because nothing is really happening but if I read one every now and again it keeps me much more interested and happy reading it.

It was the 90s. Cat smile was IN.

I would be usually annoyed but in Alpha's case, the smile works.

8COYYG1.png

From the impression I got, the androids in YKK were made to imitate human beings, right down to being able to get drunk. It's a deliberate thing in-universe.

Hopefully, its at least explained, Im not sure what the logical point of robots having to eat and sleep would benefit them. To be fair though, this universe also has a naked lake demon lady, flying mutant fish grabbers and robots transferring messages via kissing.

This manga is super good but I think I keep falling out of reading it because more soft and airy manga I have a tendency to read weekly, which is against my usual "consume everything immediately" way of doing things. So I'll read like 8 or 10 chapters and just get apathetic because nothing is really happening but if I read one every now and again it keeps me much more interested and happy reading it.

I usually just find a manga and try to binge read it, especially good mangas like this. Some of the more recent ones that binged through were Grand Blue and Kaguya-sama, another that comes to mind was Frakken Fran. Helps that SOL mangas are also some of my favorite mangas to read through.

Wiseblade

Today, I find myself wishing there was a manga about a guy trying to be the world's best in a fighting game using the standard sports formula. I think there's potential there.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
I would be usually annoyed but in Alpha's case, the smile works.

8COYYG1.png

Hopefully, its at least explained, Im not sure what the logical point of robots having to eat and sleep would benefit them. To be fair though, this universe also has a naked lake demon lady, flying mutant fish grabbers and robots transferring messages via kissing.

I usually just find a manga and try to binge read it, especially good mangas like this. Some of the more recent ones that binged through were Grand Blue and Kaguya-sama, another that comes to mind was Frakken Fran. Helps that SOL mangas are also some of my favorite mangas to read through.

Fair warning but YKK is not a series to read if you want answers or explanations.

Zweizer

Banned
YKK is super good. Just pure mono no aware slice of life goodness as Uso would put it.

Today, I find myself wishing there was a manga about a guy trying to be the world's best in a fighting game using the standard sports formula. I think there's potential there.

Have you read High Score Girl?

bobohoro

YKK feels so nostalgic for no apparent reason. It feels more like listening to a song than actually reading a manga, if that makes any sense.
Or more on point, it's pretty damn great.

Mai Ball 70

Keeper for MVP.

Tokyo Ghoul:re 105

Clowns with little balloons that just blow up randomly.
That's really scary.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
As long as it's not some sort of monsters case. I love Heiji and Conan's relationship, but I'm sick of all the big Heiji cases for like the past five years being some sort of "something that people think is a vampire/zombie/nue/demon dog/whatever".

Well considering where they're going the odds are good it will be a normal case for once. Unless La Chupacabra stalks the streets of Tokyo.

A manga bout a green haired robot gal, left behind by her master, who owns a cafe in a small town. Its also in a future where parts of Japan had been swallowed by the rising sea water. .

With Tump's climate politics, we will have soon enough that mono no aware post apoc future!

cntr

Banned
The robots imitate humans simply because it's fun/interesting to have a robot that's so close to being human. Which yeah, is a bit weird now that I think about it, but it's a common enough concept in science fiction. (And people would try doing that in real life if we ever invented androids, right?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom