• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2017 - Time to get GAMEDUMPED

Status
Not open for further replies.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Got an email congratulating me that I won a free game from Nvidia.
In the Redeem Code space it's blank.

Thanks

Thanks, Obama Trump!

While talking about games is fun and all, I'm just too distracted with what's happening today.

I still can't believe that carrot-top is the President of the USA. Things are either going to go really well, or really badly.

Maybe we'll start getting Russian prices on Steam games now.

Hektor

This game is good. While it was only brief three hours long, these three hours were really, damn good. Despite the current indie-horror trends, this game is puzzle driven rather than stealth, and got some cool ideas for them.

The atmosphere is very tense, not really scary, but tense. Closer to something like Silent Hill rather than Amnesia or Outlast, especially due to all the surrealist images it employs.

It's also really cool to see games taking on things we haven't seen much before, like taiwans history and mythology.

I highly recommend it.

Got an email congratulating me that I won a free game from Nvidia.
In the Redeem Code space it's blank.

Thanks

that should be fixable through Support channels

I never get anything from those GeForce giveaways so at least you have better luck than I do (eventually once they fix their mistake)

Mugen08

This game is good. While it was only brief three hours long, these three hours were really, damn good. Despite the current indie-horror trends, this game is puzzle driven rather than stealth, and got some cool ideas for them.

The atmosphere is very tense, not really scary, but tense. Closer to something like Silent Hill rather than Amnesia or Outlast, especially due to all the surrealist images it employs.

Sounds like my cup of tea, interesting.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
heres another question for our resident XIII experts, just did the tower (and its boss) in chapter 11 gran pulse without much trouble, is that indication that I should be good for the rest of the game? I really dont want to have to reload a previous save to grind xp.

Also, after I stopped running around aimlessly doing those sidequests ("quests" since they are just hunting missions really) and focused on the story path I got back into it, I really liked this tower, Pulse was losing me at first.

Tizoc

heres another question for our resident XIII experts, just did the tower (and its boss) in chapter 11 gran pulse without much trouble, is that indication that I should be good for the rest of the game? I really dont want to have to reload a previous save to grind xp.

Also, after I stopped running around aimlessly doing those sidequests ("quests" since they are just hunting missions really) and focused on the story path I got back into it, I really liked this tower, Pulse was losing me at first.
I would recommend u buy all equipment that prevent enemies from entering stagger status but only if u dont have them. They would hqve the passive called stagger lock
There will be a boss in the next area that if u put into stagger will react by buffing himself up
So using those equipment will help take out the boss much easier
U dont need to grind in ff13 iirc but as long as u focus on the roght paradigm/role per character u can handle the later game just fine

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I would recommend u buy all equipment that prevent enemies from entering stagger status but only if u dont have them. They would hqve the passive called stagger lock
There will be a boss in the next area that if u put into stagger will react by buffing himself up
So using those equipment will help take out the boss much easier
U dont need to grind in ff13 iirc but as long as u focus on the roght paradigm/role per character u can handle the later game just fine

oh thats what stagger lock is? I have a few of those, weapons at least. Is there much more of Grand Pulse?

Tizoc

oh thats what stagger lock is? I have a few of those, weapons at least. Is there much more of Grand Pulse?
You are nearing the final main area in gran pulse actually

Note that stagger value u see under the bar tells u how much bonus damage u are dealing so if it reads 140% for example, it means your attacks deal 40% more damage.

Thx bernie gonna dl that mod later

EAPidgeon

that should be fixable through Support channels

I never get anything from those GeForce giveaways so at least you have better luck than I do (eventually once they fix their mistake)

Anyone who had the blank emails check your email again. Nvidia sent out the emails with the codes this time. I can confirm that the redemption worked for Watch_Dogs 2.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Orgen, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Orgen, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
Stronghold Crusader 2 -- MB-2ED4F1ED7F789840
Rust (Early Access) -- MB-EDE7495891AD5704

t1484947270z1.png

For the rest of the game are you talking about beating the game or doing all the side quests? I don't remember the main boss being all that difficult so you should be fine if that's all you're going for. If you're aiming to take down all the bounties the are 2 or 3 that are incredibly difficult that you might have to grind for.

If you do feel the need to grind on Gran Pulse the best way to do it is equip the Growth Egg and farm Adamantoise. Haste Vanille then switch to 3 saboteurs and have 2 put as many debuffs on it while casting Death with Vanille. If you die just retry the battle, eventfully the Adamantoise will die to Death.

Rhaknar

For the rest of the game are you talking about beating the game or doing all the side quests? I don't remember the main boss being all that difficult so you should be fine if that's all you're going for. If you're aiming to take down all the bounties the are 2 or 3 that are incredibly difficult that you might have to grind for.

If you do feel the need to grind on Gran Pulse the best way to do it is equip the Growth Egg and farm Adamantoise. Haste Vanille then switch to 3 saboteurs and have 2 put as many debuffs on it while casting Death with Vanille. If you die just retry the battle, eventfully the Adamantoise will die to Death.

finish the game. those bounties are completely pointless since theres no narrative involved. For me of course. Im already 40+ hours in and want to move on to 13-2 which ive never played.

is it worth playing evoland 1 before 2

yes its short and the gimick is fun. It ends before it gets old. Evoland 2 is nothing like it and tis more of a "proper" game from what ive played so far

Alex_CWB

It's also really cool to see games taking on things we haven't seen much before, like taiwans history and mythology.

I highly recommend it.
Thanks for the info. :)
I'll definitely going to grab this game in the next sale.

Burt

Evoland 2 is worth dumping a few hours into to see if it's your type of game.

Evoland 1 is short, but not really worth playing when Evoland 2 is out there. Sure it's not a huge time investment, but I would imagine playing them consecutively would just end up burning you out on the hook faster and enjoying the better game less.

Nzyme32

Xcom2 in ironman mode is a constant rotation of euphoria and regret. Not sure how I will handle long war 2 when I get round to it

Rhaknar

lol just wasted like half an hour on this fucking boss only for him to cast Doom near the end. Enrage timers are the absolute worst in videogames

So my save file is corrupt in Doom. Is there any way to fix it or start back at the same place i was at before?

I don't think i am willing put another 5 hours to get back to where i was before.

MUnited83

For you.
Here's a fitting giveaway for today.

ModBot said:
Instructions for BernardoOne:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (BernardoOne, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Only GAF members who are NOT junior members are eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Dark Years -- MB-57B85F59B93FC493

t1484954022z1.png

Jawmuncher

How is XCOM 2 now that it's been out as long as it has...performance wise?

On my 1060 on the default setting it's defaulted too, I can hold 60FPS on all missions. Except for the ones that are set in like a firey town. Particle effects is the main thing that seems to harp on performance for me. But it's never gone below 45ish and I just leave it alone since it's turned based.

On my 1060 on the default setting it's defaulted too, I can hold 60FPS on all missions. Except for the ones that are set in like a firey town. Particle effects is the main thing that seems to harp on performance for me. But it's never gone below 45ish and I just leave it alone since it's turned based.

as far as specs go what I have should run it with no issues at all (4690K & 1070) but it seemed like no matter what you had there were issues at least when it launched...haven't kept up that much since then about how it was patched

Tizoc

lol just wasted like half an hour on this fucking boss only for him to cast Doom near the end. Enrage timers are the absolute worst in videogames
Is it the boss in oerba? Or at the top of the tower?
Abuse sab if you can and have a sen+med+med paradigm set for emergency
Otherwise if u cant debuff a boss going in with 2 syns isnt a bad idea either assuming unlearned some goodmabilities in them

If i ever play ff13, id max out syn and sab roles first since buffs and debuffs work great in this game

Rhaknar

Is it the boss in oerba? Or at the top of the tower?
Abuse sab if you can and have a sen+med+med paradigm set for emergency
Otherwise if u cant debuff a boss going in with 2 syns isnt a bad idea either assuming unlearned some goodmabilities in them

If i ever play ff13, id max out syn and sab roles first since buffs and debuffs work great in this game

no its the pope guy again, lng aftet the tower

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom