• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Horizon Zero Dawn Spoiler-free Impressions (for real this time)

I'm buying Horizon, Nier, Zelda, Andromeda and Persona 5 all on day one, I'm hoping these will last me for the rest of the year. Can't think of anything else that's supposed to come out this year that interests me.

The few white men Ive come in contact with are are all assholes. The white womenz is fine doe (and they're all granny sub characters so who gives a shit because the story is ass anyway)

Everyone else is black, brown or yellow and it's fucking hilarious

Game is still fun, but man what the fuck were Guerilla thinking. Really needed to score some points that bad after Shadowfall huh?

Sheesh

It's pretty bad with the racial/pandering bullshit dudes

I haven't been this wavy on a game in a long time. For all of the ups there's just as many downs.

I was high on it as soon as it opened and then once I got the gist it was the same shit I've been playing for the past three years (but super pretty)

It even suffers from Far Cry Syndrome in that you can absolutely overlevel yourself doing all sorts of side stuff before any main quests (that end up being way more exciting than the shit story missions). It's LITERALLY the same fucking thing in how systematic it is.

WHERES MY FUCKING T REX

That's about the only thing that could redeem this experience significantly at this point right now.

Killing the dinobots never gets old though

And the optional dungeons are fuckin sweet. Probably better than Zelda's. Probably.

Horizon -> Yakuza 0 (thanks, brau!) -> Kingdom Hearts -> Persona 5

That is with smaller stuff in between too. The beginning of this year alone has made 2017 great. The best quarter in this generation.

Mathieran

Banned
With a full time job, playing horizon to 100% completion would probably take me 2-3 weeks of playing every day. It's already taken me almost a week and I'm not done with the story lol

If this takes 40 plus hours to finish like y'all are anticipating this will take I will need about a month or longer to finish. I usually get about 10 hours a week in.

It took me 3 months to beat the Witcher 3 base game.

RinsFury

The few white men Ive come in contact with are are all assholes. The white womenz is fine doe (and they're all granny sub characters so who gives a shit because the story is ass anyway)

Game is still fun, but man what the fuck were Guerilla thinking. Really needed to score some points that bad after Shadowfall huh?

Sheesh

I haven't been this wavy on a game in a long time. For all of the ups there's just as many downs.

I was high on it as soon as it opened and then once I got the gist it was the same shit I've been playing for the past three years (but super pretty)

It even suffers from Far Cry Syndrome in that you can absolutely overlevel yourself doing all sorts of side stuff before any main quests (that end up being way more exciting than the shit story missions). It's LITERALLY the same fucking thing in how systematic it is.

WHERES MY FUCKING T REX

That's about the only thing that could redeem this experience significantly at this point right now.

And the optional dungeons are fuckin sweet. Probably better than Zelda's. Probably.

What the????

Considering how much I'm loving Nioh, I'm not sure I'll be done with it before Horizon, even if I 'complete' it. Zelda and Horizon in the same month is just killing me. My two most anticipated games of the year coming out within 2 days of each other. To top it off, I haven't even touched Gravity Rush 2 yet (forgive me, Kat).

LotusHD

Banned
EDIT: Hi Drifting...

Sheesh

WHERES MY FUCKING T REX

post-40756-finding-nemo-shark-smells-bloo-s8jd.gif

Sheesh

WHERES MY FUCKING T REX

Well that's quite the turnaround. Kinda awkward on the racial tones my friend, tread carefully. I'm skeptical of the optional dungeons being better than Zelda though.

Mubrik

Sheesh

WHERES MY FUCKING T REX

lool. far cry syndrome

Betty

Banned

Sheesh

WHERES MY FUCKING T REX

otMzZoZ.gif

Seriously though thanks for the impressions.

idonteven

Sheesh

WHERES MY FUCKING T REX

b9820174b9f8c3a7d1136690ac507569.gif

jmaine_ph

Sheesh

WHERES MY FUCKING T REX

Almost nailed it 8/10

fastmower

Sheesh

WHERES MY FUCKING T REX

This is quite the Hottake.

KZObsessed

Sheesh

WHERES MY FUCKING T REX

Literally laughed out loud. Thank you.

Sheesh

WHERES MY FUCKING T REX

Has to be sarcasm......right guys?

The Lamp

Sheesh

Are you serious? The tribes aren't Native American. They're what's left of modern, desegregated humanity so of course there's racial diversity (this isn't a spoiler right? Everyone knows this is the main premise of the game since its reveal?)

WHERES MY FUCKING T REX

I wish I could find something to agree or disagree on with you, but none of what you said is coherent to me.

Bronx-Man

Banned

Sheesh

WHERES MY FUCKING T REX

Nigga what

Top Bottom