• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Horizon: Zero Dawn | Review Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Curufinwe

It's really hard to seriously talk to non-gamers about.

A real mouthful. "Horizon Zero Dawn" out loud sounds daft.

Are they also non-moviers? Cause Thing: Other Thing is also a common naming scheme in film.

There’s no end in sight to the colon craziness, as films on the horizon in 2017 include “Alien: Covenant,” “xXx: The Return of Xander Cage,” “Amityville: The Awakening,” “Resident Evil: The Final Chapter,” “John Wick: Chapter Two,” “Maze Runner: The Death Cure,” “Kong: Skull Island,” “Knights of the Roundtable: King Arthur,” “Smurfs: The Lost Village,” “Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales,” “The Divergent Series: Ascendant” and “Spider-Man: Homecoming.”

I still don't. Game just doesn't look interesting to me, but different strokes for different folks. I'll be hyped for things others won't be.

People have different opinions, not sure why that's shocking to you. Laughable that you remembered the posts from that long ago too.

Umm, saying it doesn't interest you has nothing to do with what was going on with those posts. There is a difference in something not clicking with someone , and just needless hyperbolic shitting on something.

Wow, those are pretty high scores.

Any unlockables like costumes and stuff?
Also what's the length if you do almost everything compared to just doing the main story stuff?

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Umm, saying it doesn't interest you has nothing to do with what was going on with those posts. There is a difference in something not clicking with someone , and just needless hyperbolic shitting on something.

I suppose, but since he referenced my post I thought I better reply.

SomTervo

Are they also non-moviers? Cause Thing: Other Thing is also a common naming scheme in film.

Right, I can't be arsed. It's a super minor thing I was making a passing comment about. I just don't think it's a great name, even as "Horizon".

Game looks great. Reviews are great. Done.

In what context would Horizon: Zero Dawn come up in a conversation with non-gamers?

What context wouldn't I bring it up in? I like to talk about things I'm excited about.

Congrats to GG. A resounding success that could have turned out really bad given their inexperience with the genre but all the right elements came together.

-6+ years of work on the game
-Hiring of external devs with experience in the areas they were lacking in
-Inspiration from a myriad of great games
-Sony giving them all the time in the world and not rushing them

Floody

Not starting shit, watched the DF video and it looked similar to the BotW one. My question was not really about the dips, and should have been clearer. BotW gets shit for not being 60 FPS even though 3D Zelda game are usually 30. Now we have HZD at 30 and no one is saying boo about it not being 60. My bad if I was a bit confusing.

Maybe because Zelda is a cross gen game, so some people were expecting too much? Horizon has no right to be an almost locked 30 with those levels of visuals, so I doubt anyond would've expected it to be 60. Maybe if the PS5 Remaster is 30 we'll get some outrage.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Some of my favorite pictures I've taken... of course had to add my much talked about ANTS one.

vCJoLtj.jpg

Ha6WLmV.jpg

Qxsyv3k.jpg

I'm sure still not entirely sure that the game will be my cup of tea, but I like the last one. I find rainy weather to be relaxing, so in games with dynamic weather systems it's nice to run around a large, open space when it starts to pour.

All I can say is, good job GG! Never doubted the studio, a lot of tallent combined with passion equals great results as is the case with Horizon. Now if i could only fast forward to the 1st of March.

Vitor711

If they do a Horizon/PS4 Pro bundle in the UK, I'll get it once back from GDC. Looks amazing all around, even though Eurogamer's review brought up the things I was concerned about pre-launch.

I love how Aloy is well-written and doesn't have a single absurdly skimpy outfit. No comments in the game refer to her attractive figure. She's such a great female character. Way to go, GG
That's more like it!
It was definitely a good sign when they were asked what their gaming inspirations were for this game and said Dragon's Dogma, Monster Hunter, and Binary Domain. If those are the games that inspired you, then combat has to be a high priority.
Been long time coming since that post e3 2015 livestream, can't believe the game's finally here

Raimond

I live it when a game truly lives up to the hype! Not that I was scared about Horizon, but since it's open world, there's always that fear.

Lupercal

Banned
Not starting shit, watched the DF video and it looked similar to the BotW one. My question was not really about the dips, and should have been clearer. BotW gets shit for not being 60 FPS even though 3D Zelda game are usually 30. Now we have HZD at 30 and no one is saying boo about it not being 60. My bad if I was a bit confusing.

BotW ain't 1080p.

Tigress

I kinda feel dumb now for passing on getting the collector's edition when I had the chance. I just didn't want another fucking statue.

I still don't but I decided yesterday to cancel my regular horizon order and keep the collector's edition. I just really wanted that steelbook (and the theme).

I'm just hoping I can sell the statue for 20 bux on ebay. I have absolutely nowhere to keep it.

Horizon: Zero Dawn
Horizon is the name, Zero Dawn is the subtitle

Like MGS3: Snake Eater or Uncharted: Drakes Fortune

It didnt come off that way, as there is no colon after "Horizon"

Im sure its just Horizon and we'll get used to it like any other title. I just dislike "Zero Dawn" as it comes off as merging the nature aspect with some overly typical techy title

Pleasantly surprised by the reviews. I'll probably not have time to get around to it in the next few months, but it looks like I should be making time for it before the year is over.

Osahi

It didnt come off that way, as there is no colon after "Horizon"

Im sure its just Horizon and we'll get used to it like any other title. I just dislike "Zero Dawn" as it comes off as merging the nature aspect with some overly typical techy title

I didn't like Zero Dawn either at first, but it is explained in the story, and it grew on me.

Heshinsi

"playing" dumb? unpossible
My work place is so hyped for this game, the boss has even marked on the calendar when the game comes out, so as to know if anyone calls in "sick" that's the reason. I put in my time off request months in advance (before the hype came to work), so even though they all know why, no one can stop me, haha.

Alo0oy

Banned
I bought the digital deluxe edition and all it gives you is useless early game armor. I should have bought the standard edition lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom