• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTD| Oh, you're reading manga? How cute...

She's still garbo. It's gonna take a lot more "softening" and time for her to convincingly stop being a dick.

I don't think that will ever fully happen. Its pretty much a large part of her character.

Are you saying Tomo would be a better manga if Tomo got tired of Jun's indecisiveness and started being more forward with him, eventually concluding with her giving him the "princess carry"?

Yes. Much better

cntr

Banned
I'll never understand Japan's obsession with not resolving romantic relationships.

Why can't more manga be like Bonnouji, Ore Monogatari, or Horimiya? Where they actually get together almost as soon as they figure it out??

I'll never understand Japan's obsession with not resolving romantic relationships.

Why can't more manga be like Bonnouji, Ore Monogatari, or Horimiya? Where they actually get together almost as soon as they figure it out??

Conflict.

I mean...romance out of other parts of the world aren't much better in that regard.

MANUELF

Banned
Jitsu Wa Watashi Wa 160

Man that went from 1 to 100000000 inmediately

One Piece 857

Capone is being frankly the one supernova Im the least interested in so hopefully his spotlight is shortlived

To Love-Ru Darkness 77/END
Well that's a non-conclusive ending...which I'm okay with since a real ending would of forced him with Lala or shit girl! Now to see/pray for To Love-Ru Nemesis!

Jay RaR

TLR Darkness END

The third incarnation of TLR probably shouldnt be allowed to happen

It probably won't. I've seen posts online where the artist and the writer have split so a sequel will probably never happen. The artist was quoted saying he wanted to move on from romantic comedies. We'll still get 2 more extra chapters for the Haruna ending and the Harem ending based on the first series...or so I hear.

Personally I'm a bit disappointed the ending is another open-ended ending but I'm fine with seeing the optional Haruna ending as the true ending in my mind. It's great that Momo finally confessed even if she's a third fiddle to Rito. I'll deeply miss this series though, this and Hayate no Gotoku ending soon just rubs me the wrong way.

Dr. Stone 1

PrhrlFy.png

Corpse Party - Book of Shadows 12.5
Head joke. It's a shame she can't appreciate Sachiko's kindness in reuniting her with her friend. A short side chapter's an appropriate venue to kill these 3 characters off, since I could barely remember who they were.

Droplet

Josou Danshi to Menhera Oji-san

A seemingly perfect high school boy who cross-dresses enters a relationship with a depressed working man. This is by Fumi Fumiko, author of Bokura no Hentai, and I'd recommend anyone who enjoyed that to give this one a shot too, even if you're not into BL. It's a little darker and bit more explicit, but it's a short read and the ending is quite poignant.

Zweizer

Banned
Tomo-chan wa Onna no ko! ch516

Actually, I'd be fine with them never hooking up, as that means Tomo might get to date someone who's actually honest and likeable.

Shishunki Bitter Change ch45.5

She does look cute, and I hope it's going to be their future soon.

Kekkon Yubiwa Monogatari ch26

Huh, things escalated fast.

Maybe the last ring is in their world!

Little Witch Academia 1
If this were a romcom then Sucy would've just won. But it's not, it's Harry Potter with an all-female cast. Or more accurately, The Worst Witch with a far more optimistic and idealistic lead. The synopsis says it's an adaptation of the currently airing anime, if so then I'll shelve it until I've watched that. Either way, I'm looking forward to seeing Sucy work more of her magic.

Zweizer

Banned
33 Years Old Single Female Knight Captain ch1-6 by Amahara

Being single and sexually frustrated is rough, especially when people expect you to be a role model.

Well, I'll stick to masturbating, thank you very much.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
33 Years Old Single Female Knight Captain
Masturbation addiction is a real thing.
Jesus, i don't think using sword hilt is a very higienic.

Keijo latest
I'm no doctor, but i can safely say that swinging your boob yo smack people or hornet is probably not good for your boob

upandaway

Dr Stone 1

Pretty silly and the mystery element is too forced in to care about so far but they can probably pull this into something fun. I think the core reason why it didn't have much weight was how little characterization/depth the two MCs had before they exhibited that crazy determination, but there's not much you can do in 60 pages. Curious to see where it goes. The confession isn't really interesting but finding the root cause and saving civilization might be

Counting trillions of seconds without a propagating margin of error is pretty crazy though, I'm not even sure clocks can do that
you could've just counted the days dummy

WaqWaq all 4 volumes
4946a9cf33c14df894e4b5a3f90582a1.jpg

So I was looking at old stuff VIZ had published and found WaqWaq, it looked cool and it was 4 volumes so I bought them.

I was pretty pleased with the story. Being only 4 volumes I thought it was one of those ill-fated JUMP series that got cancelled and had a badly rushed/incomplte ending,BUT that wasn't the case. While yes the story is a little on the speedy side it finish in a good and conclusive manner.

The story is about what happen after humans(red-blooded people) and intelligent human-looking robots(black-blooded people) fought and the human side lost. These black-blooded people are now living in a post-apocalyptic world were simple robots are still obeying the old humans orders to exterminate the black-blooded people. Queue-in modern day girl teleported to that era and 7 super strong *robots(called Gojin-zou) fusing with the black-blooded people to win the right for a wish from her.

The character design for both robot and humans are pretty cool and I loved(mostly) all of the fusions with the Gojin-zou. Some of them reminded me of ZoE. Cool fights all-around, good and badly placed comedic moments, a good pace and great ending. Shio the man protagonist was my main reason of picking this up since his design was really cool and I was not disappointed. That final god form of his looked hot. Oh yes that final battle does have a huge random power-up moment for the MC so beware if you don't like these.

Overall I enjoyed it! I think I might pick-up his other work called Hoshin Engi.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Hopefully she cleans it before use.
She didn't seem happy when the princess told her real ones are smaller.
Obviously the princess never marry a GAFFER.

Tomo-chan latest
well...Fuck.

Shokugeki no soma latest
Need more Rindou, and i feel like the author skipping a lot of thing, and i wouldn't be surprised if this manga ending agter this arx is over (unless there's shadowy organization trying to rulez the world with cooking)

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Obviously the princess never marry a GAFFER.

Tomo-chan latest
well...Fuck.

Shokugeki no soma latest
Need more Rindou, and i feel like the author skipping a lot of thing, and i wouldn't be surprised if this manga ending agter this arx is over (unless there's shadowy organization trying to rulez the world with cooking)

It would be really strange if the series ended in the middle of their first year while the series is a Top 10 seller.

Phoenix volume 7-8: Civil War

There is a powerful message at the end of the story, about the eternal struggle for power, but overall this long arc was messy. After some point it loses focus when it starts trying to tell more subplots than the original two (about Benten and Obu and the war between 2 factions), in fact sometimes Tezuka leaves some of the plot threads open and unresolved in strange ways. The other problem is how badly shoehorned feels is the appearance of the Phoenix into this story, it seems it appears just because it's in the damn title.

upandaway

Dungeon Meshi 11

I always want to see more of how they were before the first chapter. After seeing other parties get wrecked by things they're dealing with with half the party, you have to wonder.

The creativity with the food is off the dang charts btw, using spirits to make sorbet, seriously.

Kieli

It would be really strange if the series ended in the middle of their first year while the series is a Top 10 seller.

Sakamoto sold roughly twice the volumes on a per volume basis, but ended after only 1st year of high school. You could tell it was losing a bit of steam near the end, and the mangaka wanted to wrap it up while it was still fresh.

cntr

Banned
Golden Kamuy 1 - 7

Gotta reread and catch up to what I missed.

...I forgot how violent this was. Sugimoto always seemed like kind of a dick in the first few chapters, even if he ended up being pretty cool.

Rokudou no Onna-tachi 1-4

This seems fun and i'm expecting the MC to improve himself and be worthy.

Also i will go out on a limb here and
predict that the charm is not affecting her.

bobohoro

Tomo-chan 516

Dodged a bullet there Tomo.

Yuragi-sou no Yuuna-san 52

That train situation is an evergreen. A good one.
Now I kinda wanna rewatch the Ever Green anime.
It's been so many years.

Fairy tail 525

So was his character only there to sexually harass his loli mom and get killed by his father for edgyness?
Oh yeah, there'll also be the moral dilemma of his birth in the next few chapters, huh?
Can't Wait.

Top Bottom