• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTD| Oh, you're reading manga? How cute...

According to ANN the editor's made a note that it's scheduled to return on the 13th, which would be the next issue after this one. Hiatus rumors are probably from people who don't realize Jump is leaked early

cntr

Banned
According to ANN the editor's made a note that it's scheduled to return on the 13th, which would be the next issue after this one. Hiatus rumors are probably from people who don't realize Jump is leaked early
That's good to hear, yeah. Hope it's just a minor issue and he's not pushing himself or anything.

spiritfox

Jitsu Wa Watashi Wa 160

SPmSGvr.png

FlowersisBritish

fleurs n'est pas britannique
One Piece Kay, there is a lot to love here, but I think the big thing for me is Luffy actually going to talk with Bege.

Hungry Marie 2 This is exactly the kind of turn I wanted to happen!

Fancolors

Hungry Marie 2
Okay, this is good. The current development will probably lead to the same levels of misunderstanding that makes stuff like Ranma a good comedy.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Koi wa Ameagari no You ni is getting an anime adaptation

https://twitter.com/koiame_anime/status/837211072411144192

Nice~

Never read this but the plot would lend itself perfectly to a live action drama I'd watch religiously.
Oh well.
J-drama already took ramen daisuki koizumi-san, i can't let them take this too!
totally going to get j drama adaptation later

Jitsu wa watashi wa 160
Holy shit that face. Author still got his horor manga face

One Piece 857:
Things have gotten pretty crazy here. I wasn't really expecting the team up angle with Luffy and Capone, but it makes sense, and it will be interesting to see more of him. They should do a good job of crashing this wedding.

Hajime no Ippo 1171:
Dammit, Morikawa. Kimura used to be the coolest dude. Why do you keep having to treat him like this. I really do hope that this is all leading up to some eventual redemption storyline where he finally moves up to Lightweight and winds up taking names, because I'm sick of him getting shit on so much.

Detective Conan 989:
That scene where Rumi confronted the killer was great. Damn. And Haibara's comments were pretty strange. I wonder if she knows something about who Rumi really is?

Haikyuu!! 244
C569nrqXMAAeZ0I.jpg:small

Its real. So glad it happened. I wish we had a reunion of all of folks from 3rd gym.

Anyway kind of liked the idea of Fukurodani losing. I wonder who will play Karasuno first, them or Nekoma.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Hajime no Ippo 1171:
Dammit, Morikawa. Kimura used to be the coolest dude. Why do you keep having to treat him like this. I really do hope that this is all leading up to some eventual redemption storyline where he finally moves up to Lightweight and winds up taking names, because I'm sick of him getting shit on so much.

Yea, Kimura needs to move up a class or retire. He was pretty good in a lower class, so I imagine he'd be even better not having to deal with the constant weight control.

spiritfox

How to make an invisible man is fully translated and it's pretty short

Toumei Ningen no Tsukurikata

It's a pretty by the numbers psychological drama, where the protagonist finds that he actually had what he desired all along. It's pretty well written (I think since the translation isn't the best) but doesn't really break new ground or anything. A good read if you want more Eiji Masuda though.

Zweizer

Banned
Keijo ch130

Well then, Kogatana's boobs are no joke. Still, I wonder what happened.

Hungry Marie ch2

It's going to be a weird relationship, but that basically confirms that there's no way he'll be stuck like this.

Usobuko

Banned
Huh, didn't think it was that popular. Uso will be happy at least.

I'm pretty far ahead in that series ( around 50+ chapters ) and I think it's only pretty ok compared to what I felt before in the beginning.

But yes I will be happy for niche manga finding success. I always have this habit of channeling expenses towards them than the big, popular series even though in some instances I prefer the latter. Say, One Piece for example.

Irrational but satisfying.

cntr

Banned
It's not going to happen, but I wish that when One Piece ends, they don't bother with a "One Piece Kai" but instead throw money at Madhouse or Bones to do a remake of the entire series.

Just imagine if Madhouse did a One Piece anime like they did the Hunter x Hunter? That'd be amazing.

Peco

I'm pretty far ahead in that series ( around 50+ chapters ) and I think it's only pretty ok compared to what I felt before in the beginning.

But yes I will be happy for niche manga finding success. I always have this habit of channeling expenses towards them than the big, popular series even though in some instances I prefer the latter. Say, One Piece for example.

Irrational but satisfying.
Just tell me one thing: is Manager-san ex wife real or is she dead like usual

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
It's not going to happen, but I wish that when One Piece ends, they don't bother with a "One Piece Kai" but instead throw money at Madhouse or Bones to do a remake of the entire series.

Just imagine if Madhouse did a One Piece anime like they did the Hunter x Hunter? That'd be amazing.

Oh man, that'd be awesome.

But Toei has already done a great job with One Piece.

bobohoro

Dr. Stone 1

Huh, that was pretty unexpected.
And a bit overly ridiculous for this kind of setup, interesting to see where it goes from here.

Why were most of them naked though?

wamberz1

Dr. Stone 1

Pretty great, I like the premise. Already love both characters. Someone has to tell sunsen how percentages work tho

Hungry Marie 2

...huh. Well, I'm sure this will lead to all types of shenanigans, but I'm wondering what type of shounen-esque threat they are going to have to end up fighting. Other people channeling the spirits of dead people?

Boooo at him not remembering the confession though, sick of that happening

Kengan Asura 54

Yo, Mokichi shocking them all with how he moves. This fight has had some pretty great moves in it. I'm not surprised that Raian would go berserk after Robinson fucked him up, but it looks like the Kure clan secret technique is some shit that is going to piss off the rest of the Clan.

The pleasure group's fighter getting all pouty that she was fixing up Rihito was great.

Also shows Rihito still isn't a joke if he could get Raian to reveal the technique in his bathroom fight and still be standing and pissed.

Crawling City 5

Don't accept books from people peeking out of sewer manholes

Inuyashiki 75

Aw, that was kinda nice. A really interesting dichotomy between him saying that the shortness and fear of death makes life precious but now that he is immortal (essentially) and able to cure death, he finally values his life.

...are we sure this is the mangaka for Gantz?

Dr. Stone 1 was surprisingly good! I thought it'd be shit but the premise setup was fine.

I do enjoy the little thing of Yuzu's headphones being replaced by a tree vine that looks exactly the same, nice detail.

Revo

Dr. Stone 1

A pretty fun first chapter. The preview art wasn't to my liking but looked a lot better in chapter to me.

Zweizer

Banned
Zannen Jokanbu Black General-san ch37.5

Huh, didn't expect a water bear. Hope she'll be a recurring member of the cast.

Watari-kun no ×× ga Houkai Sunzen ch22

Everything's going wrong, huh?

Ascheroth

Hungry Marie 2

So, wait,
the princess is in Taiga's body?

The premise got even weirder, damn.
Not only that, if I've got this right then
they are in each others body but still share the same 'body', but when Taiga is in control it's the princess' body and if she's in control it's Taigas. Like a mix between Ranma 1/2 and Jojolion where two people are fused together and the appearance of the body changes depending on who's in control, but with the personalities in control of each others body instead.
Lol, I can't even explain this properly.

Top Bottom