• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | April 2017 - Fly me to the Moon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hektor

Two gifs to describe this game

giphy.gif

Supernatural-Dean.gif

Everybody who enjoys "walking simulators" should buy this. It's bursting with creativity and cool ideas, the voice acting is mostly really good, the dialogue is well written and the stories - especially the way they are told - are just amazing.

100% recommended. Check. It. Out.

Sini

Friend can't add his phone as Steam authenticator because it tells him it's VOIP number even though he has very real phone.. He tried asking Steam support but they are dumb as usual and just told him that VOIP numbers can't be added without investigating it or providing any extra details. He lives in Sweden and uses Telia.

Phew... completed all the sidequests that expire when you pass the point of no return at the Aqueducts. Now I can progress the main quest! I'm now BR 26 @ 33 hours in.

Some of those sidequest bosses were damn hard, but thankfully I'm getting much better at setting up unions and choosing my actions wisely. It also helps that I finally have at least 1 unit per union with Vivification Herb, which is huge for boss fights. Also, I have Rush as a mystic user and he just learned an arcana (Blackout) during one of the boss fights! So that was pretty sweet.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Is it normal to be able to just remove them from the URL and still be able to access the page. Seems I can add any old nonsense and still be directed to the page

eg - http://store.steampowered.com/app/367682/poop

Yeah. Technically, the URLs haven't changed; the store just adds the app name at the end.

The name is not enforced by the appID though. One can use whatever he wants.

Yeah, the app name being required would be completely unnecessary since IDs are unique.

madjoki

Yeah. Technically, the URLs haven't changed; the store just adds the app name at the end.

Yeah, the app name being required would be completely unnecessary since IDs are unique.

I hope there'd be redirect for invalid app name and that valve forgot to check if app is released :p

God damn it, Scanner Sambre has cultists too and this one is set in a scary cave. At least I haven't been castrated in the first ten minutes unlike the other hot new release.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Steam livestreaming the CoD WW2 reveal.

huh.

I was wondering if anyone can help me, I recently got Fallout 3 GOTY the game runs fine via the launcher but FOSE doesn't work and I get this error

"The ordinal 43 could not be located in the dynamic link library"

I have the xlive.dll already and installed the gfw setup.

It doesn't work via the regular exe either just the launcher.

Embarrassing admission, I used to care a lot about achievement points and loved that Fallout 3 added to my score on pc because of gfwl. When New Vegas dropped it I bought it on the 360 instead.

Watching the COD WWII livstream on my lunchbreak and they should've just called it Call of Duty: Boots On The Ground with how many times they are driving into our heads that it is going back to call of duty's roots.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I was wondering if anyone can help me, I recently got Fallout 3 GOTY the game runs fine via the launcher but FOSE doesn't work and I get this error

"The ordinal 43 could not be located in the dynamic link library"

I have the xlive.dll already and installed the gfw setup.

It doesn't work via the regular exe either just the launcher.

Read through this guide and follow the applicable steps.

Phew... completed all the sidequests that expire when you pass the point of no return at the Aqueducts. Now I can progress the main quest! I'm now BR 26 @ 33 hours in.

Some of those sidequest bosses were damn hard, but thankfully I'm getting much better at setting up unions and choosing my actions wisely. It also helps that I finally have at least 1 unit per union with Vivification Herb, which is huge for boss fights. Also, I have Rush as a mystic user and he just learned an arcana (Blackout) during one of the boss fights! So that was pretty sweet.

Remember that only unit leaders can use special skills, summons, arcanas, and remnant weapon arts. There are also two special skills that require specific character pairs in the same unit. Only one of them needs to be the leader there obviously.

These four characters are spoilerish so I will not mention them.

kurahador

Urghhh....just got spoiled of Danganronpa V3 from a wikipedia page I didn't know would be related to the game. Hope it's just an early spoiler.

Awesomenauts was really good around launch. Vanilla, I guess you'd call it.

And it really helped that I seemed to be abnormally good at it.

Considering I kinda suck at life games.

Everybody who enjoys "walking simulators" should buy this. It's bursting with creativity and cool ideas, the voice acting is mostly really good, the dialogue is well written and the stories - especially the way they are told - are just amazing.

100% recommended. Check. It. Out.

Definitely, it's a shorter experience but worth every moment; the juxtaposition of serious themes and the surreal, absurd humor keeps you on your toes. My personal favorite touch was
the John Carpenter Halloween theme kicking in during Barbara's story.
I loved the amount of detail packed into each room.

I feel like it will continue to receive good word of mouth and people will be more inclined to check it out on a sale due to length, but I do absolutely recommend it as well.

kionedrik

I'm currently playing Assault Android Cactus and it's one of the most rage inducing testosterone pumping games I've played in years. It also reminds me of why I stopped playing this type of games years ago, the incessant obsession in achieving a S+ is going to kill me.

Good game nonetheless.
Kinda wish the bullet's colors were swapped though, yours blue and the enemies' red.

Not spending any money in May is objectively impossible!

I played FC when it first came out and have played it 3 times since and neglected even getting SC until last winter sale and am only on Chapter 1 I need this so bad I need to hurry this game up and finish it still getting 3rd day 1 I promise! :)

Hektor

Sniper Ghost Warrior trilogy is 1,89€ on Bundlestars https://www.bundlestars.com/en/game/sniper-ghost-warrior-trilogy

Sniper Art of Victory
Sniper: Ghost Warrior
Sniper Ghost Warrior 2
Sniper: Ghost Warrior – Map Pack
Sniper: Ghost Warrior – Second Strike Pack
Sniper Ghost Warrior 2: Digital Extras
Sniper Ghost Warrior 2: Multiplayer Expansion Pack
Sniper Ghost Warrior 2: Soundtrack

One single key btw

What an intentionally misleading name

fantomena

I should buy some games soon. Bayonetta, Edith, Outlast 2, Hollow Knight, list keeps growing.

Only problem is, I don't even have time to touch those I already have. I have the money, not the time, which is irritating.

Volimar

Sniper Ghost Warrior trilogy is 1,89€ on Bundlestars https://www.bundlestars.com/en/game/sniper-ghost-warrior-trilogy

Sniper Art of Victory
Sniper: Ghost Warrior
Sniper Ghost Warrior 2
Sniper: Ghost Warrior – Map Pack
Sniper: Ghost Warrior – Second Strike Pack
Sniper Ghost Warrior 2: Digital Extras
Sniper Ghost Warrior 2: Multiplayer Expansion Pack
Sniper Ghost Warrior 2: Soundtrack

One single key btw

That name is going to piss off a lot of people who don't take the time to double check.

Amzin

The trailer for CoD:WW2 is hella bland. It looks like one of those "average face from X region" things but for WW2 action. I bought Black Ops 3 just because of the trailer pretty much, almost did the same for BF1, but this one, not even close.

Not sure how I feel about Scanner Sombre. It's just over an hour long, which isn't a problem on its own as someone who was just deeply touched by What Remains of Edith Finch but it sets up all these interesting ideas and takes a very different and much more abrupt route to the end than I was expecting. Ending is pretty unsettling and the visual presentation is unbelievable which makes it worth playing through on that level alone. Incredible tension building as well but I just wasn't expecting it to be so short and I need to think over how I feel about the narrative.

dex3108

while playing The Lost and Damned i really can't ignore how big jump in visuals and performance R* made between GTA IV and GTAV. It is like 2 or more generations leap.

NeoRaider

Well i just pre-ordered Little Nightmares from gamesplanet and got my Steam key instantly. Let's hope i won't regret this since refund is not an option now. I know that i will like this game but... i am not 100% sure. But whatever, i wanted to support Tarsier for finally bringing one of their games to PC.

I wanted to buy Six Edition, but cheapest i could find was around 37€. Also after seeing that small figurine i am not really impressed with it.

Finally finished my second Dishonored 2 playthrough on high chaos, and while this game is definitely something special, i can't say that it's perfect. Level design is godlike, it's fun to play both stealth and action, artsyle and atmosphere is amazing, but there is 2 major flaws that almost ruined my final impressions. First is performance - engine is mess, game does look impressive sometimes, but mostly visuals are nothing really justify extremely random and uneven performance. I tried to adjust graphical settings, but for some reason performance on Very Low and High settings was the same for me, no changes in FPS at all. I got stable 60 FPS only once, when game suddenly loaded x10 faster than usual (15 seconds to load main menu instead of 90-100 seconds) and worked flawlessly, but i never figured out why such sudden changes in loadtimes happened at first place, as i said performance in this game is really random. Also, mouse sensitivity is VERY slow, devs forced mouse acceleration without option to disable it through in-game settings - what the hell were they thinking? The only way to fix it is through .ini files in "my documents" folder, just like with shitty consoles ports from 00s. It's just depressing to see so well-designed and fun game with such abysmal technical issues. That's the main reason why I'm holding with my Prey 2017 purchase, despite being a huge System Shock fun.
There is also second issue, not as critical, but worth mentioning. After my first full-stealth low chaos walktrough, i immediately started high chaos run, just like i did when i was playing original Dishonored back then. And while killing everything after stealth approach is still fun, i noticed that outside different lines for Corvo and Emily, players choices doesn't affect game world as much as in first game. In original, difference between low chaos and high chaos was huge, city was noticeably changing to really messy and horrible place - plague and rats everywhere, more gangs, more guards, your allies were starting to fear you and even hate in the end, boatman reaction is great example of this. In Dishonored 2, difference between low and high chaos almost irrelevant - few apartments become infested with bloodflies nests, protagonist saying more cynical things in intros and during the game in some places, and that's it. I realized this after Dust District part, when
after killing Aramis Stilton
the only difference between this and non-lethal option was just
empty manor instead of manor with servants and workers
. Really? I killed hundreds people including innocent civilians, but people on last levels still were willing to talk with me like everything is fine and there is no blood thirsty maniac in mask around here somewhere. Even my allies reacted just fine on all this massacre i've done, and that's after first game
when Sokolov on high chaos walkthrough said with trembling voice that Corvo is monster and he's ready to be killed by Corvo's hands
- in Dishonored 2 Sokolov literally
just wished Emily good luck
. Duh. There was literally no motivation to kill your allies on high chaos at the end, while in original Dishonored it was perfectly logical and natural in way how your relations with them was presented. I think adding second protagonist hurts Dishonored 2 story, it's nice, but it's not as amazing and immersive as in first game, which is really shame.

Oh, i really wasn't going to write such huge post before i started o_O It may feel like i didn't like game, but as i said at the beginning, it's still amazing game despite some flaws. Maybe levels doesn't changing after player actions as much as before, but they're very complex and interesting to explore. Protagonists voicelines is great, and hilarious in good way at high chaos. This is very reach, well-designed 40 hours singleplayer experience, without openworld and preorder DLC bullshit, which is rare nowadays. If you have decent PC, give it a chance, this game is definitely worth it. And sorry if my english sounds terrible, still need to improve it more before writing such huge impressions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom