• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii Super Mario 25th anniversary special edition announced (has Wiimote+) [Is Red]

neo2046

「Wii(スーパーマリオ25周年仕様)」の情報を掲載しました。
http://www.nintendo.co.jp/mario25th/wii/index.html

Nintendo Wii (RED)
- Nov 11, 2010
- 20000 yen
- New design Wiimote included
- FC/NES Super Mario Bros. (special 25th anniversary special edition) pre-installed

Tenbatsu

4t4idl.jpg

Release Date: 11th Nov 2010
Price: 20000Yen

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
arrrrrrrrrgghh

I thought my black Wii was hot shit but the red Wii is immaculate. I hope this doesn't come to NA just so I have no reason to get it.
So nice, though.

I will buy a red wiimote if I have to.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
BocoDragon said:

I think it's a SD card with the virtual console version of Super Mario Bros.

The system is pretty but the SMB stuff ain't nothing to get excited about unless you haven't had an internet connection over the last 4 years.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
Snuggler said:
I think it's a SD card with the virtual console version of Super Mario Bros.

The system is pretty but the SMB stuff ain't nothing to get excited about unless you haven't had an internet connection over the last 4 years.
The coin boxes have 25 on them, so it's a different version of SMB in some capacity. Who knows if that actually means much..

Jackano

New things, new things, new things...
Nintendo certainly announce their Wii stuff they shifted on Sept. 29th.

This Wii stuff is not really something new but it will help on the holiday season in Japan.

Also, finally the red Wii that they showed at E3 200...5 if I remember correctly.

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
Allow me to reiterate: I'll NEVER buy a system on launch day again. Heck, I'll never buy any hardware upgrade (see Wii MotionPlus) on launch day again either.

Provider

Nintendo! Let me breathe I still need to recover from the last announcement. I go to twitter and see the red WR+, I come to GAF and see Pokémon DSi, F5 and this Red Wii and I keep scrolling and there's a new pack-in with WSResort :|

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Jackano said:
New things, new things, new things...
Nintendo certainly announce their Wii stuff they shifted on Sept. 29th.

This Wii stuff is not really something new but it will help on the holiday season in Japan.

Also, finally the red Wii that they showed at E3 200...5 if I remember correctly.

Yup, 2005. But that was only a slide, the black Wii was the first prototype shown and that took forever.

m.i.s.

Banned
markot said:
How come it seems like only NOJ is doing anything for this milestone?!

NoE is marking the event with a high profile campaign emphasising the Mario products that are currently on sale; like NSMB Wii, Mario Kart Wii and Super Mario Galaxy 2.

There's currently no special products announced to commemorate the milestone.

I'm still waiting for Super Mario Collection...(could be a long wait)

sphinx

the piano man
amazing, it took perhaps the most amazing nosediving in the console history of Japan for nintendo to release a damn new color.

it is awesome if a bit late and definitely not a great value, for a special edition I would have added a bit more stuff, maybe the 4 NES marios in "25" special edition or something.

M.I.S. said:
NoE is marking the event with a high profile campaign emphasising the Mario products that are currently on sale; like NSMB Wii, Mario Kart Wii and Super Mario Galaxy 2.

There's currently no special products announced to commemorate the milestone.

I'm still waiting for Super Mario Collection...(could be a long wait)

Not that long, as it turns out ;-)

Love the new Remote Plus - functionality of the Remote w. MotionPlus but with the far more elegant design of the original Remote. Definitely grabbing a red one, and I'm sorely tempted to pick up a blue, black and pink at some point (probably re-sell my existing white and black ones w. M+ attachments to fund it though...)

EDIT:

...and isn't it about time we got blue and pink Nunchuks as well? White, black and now red have matching controller sets so it would be nice to have the same for the other two colours.

ShinNL

All those new colored Wii remote+'s are making me consider selling all my current 4 remotes... (and 2 Motion Plus blocks)

swerve

Soneet said:
All those new colored Wii remote+'s are making me consider selling all my current 4 remotes... (and 2 Motion Plus blocks)

Only buy 3 remote pluses, though. Hold off for the golden, triforce-stamped Zelda remote plus. :)

Damn, that is sooooo sexy. Want! Will the 25th anniversary Super Mario Bros. game be available anywhere else?

img_rimocon.jpg

Even the jacket is red!!! The strap too!!!

swerve said:
If there is any way to transfer my $1000 of (JP) WiiWare/VC, then I will absolutely buy this Wii.

Heh, unlikely I'm afraid. Nintendo's policy - from anecdotal evidence, of course - seems to be to carry out transfers from a defunct Wii to a working one, provided you can supply both units. I haven't heard of a case where they've been prepared to transfer WiiWare/VC etc. from a working unit to another working unit.

That said, their customer service departments are famously helpful and it may be worth your while spending some time & ink trying to persuade them to do it, but you'll still likely have to present both systems to get it done.

plank

swerve said:
If there is any way to transfer my $1000 of (JP) WiiWare/VC, then I will absolutely buy this Wii.

I want to get a new Wii but with all the VC and WW that I have on it. I have to wait until Nintendo come out with a new software transfer policy.

I am happy with my black Wii ( it blends in well alongside Xbox 360 and PS3 ), but damn if red isn't the new black. I might buy one as a collector's item of sorts.

zigg

Tenbatsu said:
Each of them might have 25 coins instead of 1! :0

If you thought the 1UP sound was burned into your brain now... :lol

swerve said:
Only buy 3 remote pluses, though. Hold off for the golden, triforce-stamped Zelda remote plus. :)

Oh God, I hadn't even thought of that.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
swerve said:

Homebrew your Wii, rip the wads from your first Wii, install them on your new Wii.

Turrican3

Cosmonaut X said:
I haven't heard of a case where they've been prepared to transfer WiiWare/VC etc. from a working unit to another working unit.
When the (then meant-to-be limited edition) Black Wii came out in Europe I asked Nintendo of Italy
NoI?! :D
if it was possible to trasfer content from my day one unit, and they answered "yes", even if they made somewhat clear that it was going to be some kind of a one-time-only case, or a favour if you prefer... definitely NOT the standard policy.

I didn't buy the Black Wii so I cannot actually confirm, but that's what they said to me at the time. Of course I have no idea if this applies now and/or to customers in other countries.

Nemo

Will Eat Your Children
Andrex said:
^

White is better if only because gray text > orange.
Wait that's orange? I though it was gold color. That would go with the black nicely, but orange would ruin it :/

Soneet said:

I've gotta say that I would never do that. A remote with motion plus built it would make it really uncomfortable to play NSMBWii with the sideways control scheme. I always end up removing my Motion Plus to do so.

Top Bottom