• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Anita Sarkeesian's astounding 'garbage human' moment at Vidcon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol, look who´s talking. One fact wrong huh? She purposely, deliberately and knowingly altered the game´s narrative to fit her own agenda. Get off your idiotic worshiping blind high horse.

Sounds like you have a hate boner for her if you are making up lies on her.

That's not healthy.

Famassu

Just like the example below, right?

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/feb/01/milo-yiannopoulos-uc-berkeley-event-cancelled

(Btw, the summary paragraph on this one is hilarious...a so called anti-facist group acting just like the people they claim to fight, LOL!)
Milo is a horrible human being who does not need a podium to share his hateful views on. He has no arguments that he wants to discuss, just hateful propaganda against women & minorities. His kind of hateful rhetoric instigating violence and/or hateful views against groups of innocent people is illegal in many civilized countries.

Artdayne

I really dislike both of them but the difference is that I think the core of Anita's message is ethical, whether that be purely incidental to her own goals idk, but compared to the BS spewing from Sargon's mouth, I just can't deal with that guy. The arguments I've heard him have with Destiny and then his recent podcast with Rogan, he's just a blowhard and he demonstrates a severe lack of empathy and he constantly repeats far right talking points it drives me nuts.

Velkyn

Lol, look who´s talking. One fact wrong huh? She purposely, deliberately and knowingly altered the game´s narrative to fit her own agenda. Get off your idiotic worshiping blind high horse.

She said a wrong thing about a videogame.

ALERT ALERT, call the dox squad!

Yukinari

Wait but if they were harassing the panel then why wouldn't they be kicked out of the room?

Because they were sitting quietly watching a panel and to my knowledge the only thing Sargon asked her was if she wanted to talk.

Like i get it, everyone here hates Sargon. But at Vidcon, during this panel, he did not break any guidelines.

LotusHD

Banned
I feel like we're one post away from Calm Waterfall going into a "bitches man..." rant

Imagine risking a ban over... this, in a thread that's supposed to be about her standing up against her harassers, not this victim blaming BS.

Fat4all

Banned
I have a hard time grappling with the idea that some of these people feel it is their duty to harass an individual just trying to raise awareness to an issue about how women often are treated in video games.

Dear lord, if you don't like what she has to say, move on.

I just don't get it.

It's not enough to ignore her

She has to be discouraged from saying anything at all

I wonder when will this gamergater youtubers grow the fuck up. It's really embarrassing watching 30+ old dudes with this rhetoric...

Velkyn

Milo is a horrible human being who does not need a podium to share his hateful views on. He has no arguments that he wants to discuss, just hateful propaganda against women & minorities. His kind of hateful rhetoric instigating violence and/or hateful views against groups of innocent people is illegal in many civilized countries.

Milo is what you get when someone sees American Psycho and takes it as gospel.

DDZfHOBXkAQ4TFB.jpg

mind blown.

That self-awareness.

"Anita lied about women in the strip club in Hitman Absolution."

She said they aren't anything beyond background decoration, but you can interact with them. LIES.

So TL;DR: Anita didn't 100% get a fact right in a specific instance of a Hitman level but it happens in other levels, but that means everything she talks about is a LIE.

Which apparently makes her HUMAN GARBAGE like Sargon, somebody who harasses people.

Just i use facts to support my views does not mean i agree with their views on other things. How much do you spend on patreon supporting sleazeball Sarkeesian a month? Probably fund her fact video "facts" for her. Good on you.

One fact wrong? Lol, how about watch her own videos and see what a manipulative piece of shit she is. You people are a joke. You face facts right in the face, yet you turn your faces and pretend like these don´t matter. You waste my time. I did not even had to provide anything. I only provided it as a courtesy.
If you find the chore of backing up your arguments to be bothersome you can always consider other discussion forums. I hear /r/the_donald could use fresh blood. Perhaps that will provide a safe space for you to impotently rage at people without the nuisance of actually being an articulate human being.

Talking about her video game critique is literally just diversion tactics. She said shit I disagree with or I think is wrong or I believe untrue. Let's talk about that instead of the 3 rows of guys at her talk trying to intimidate her.

Because had she never made a mistake ever these guys woulda never picked on her.

Yup. Facts.

"And so I think that for some women who understand what I’ve been through or who have been through it themselves, it was cathartic to see me not stay silent, to see me call him out directly like that, to acknowledge in front of all those people what he’s done."
Shit, girl, it was cathartic to just read it, and I'm a man!

It's great that she clapped back. I think she feels like she's been hiding for too long.

nynt9

Facts are facts. He demonstrably showed that she was a liar. But let´s ignore facts because they don´t agree with us.

Show me where did i say that i supported that? What the fuck with you people just making shit up about others?

She is shown to be a liar and a manipulator. Now go cry in the corner kid.

Show me where did i say that i supported that? What the fuck with you people just making shit up about others?

I will use facts as refrence unlike apparently you.

Facts are facts.

He showed video evidence about her lying. Ignore at your own will.

No, she is a fraud and a manipulator. This is a great exemple, you not accepting it is your prerogative.

Yes let´s all ignore facts everyone. Let´s all close our eyes and just follow blindly the Sakeesian church and word.

Facts are facts. He pointed facts, and how about actually argue against his arguments.

Yes, who needs facts.

Unlike you people, who are so unpredictable and objective, have the whole picture, not having childish views about the world. /S

Just i use facts to support my views does not mean i agree with their views on other things. How much do you spend on patreon supporting sleazeball Sarkeesian a month? Probably fund her fact video "facts" for her. Good on you.

One fact wrong? Lol, how about watch her own videos and see what a manipulative piece of shit she is. You people are a joke. You face facts right in the face, yet you turn your faces and pretend like these don´t matter. You waste my time. I did not even had to provide anything. I only provided it as a courtesy.

You seem more concerned about Anita making mistakes than people trying to ruin her life and sending her death threats.

rhandino

Banned
While I agree regarding people going there to confront her, knowing full well that they were harassing her and she'd likely have such a reaction, I still think it was terrible what she did to boogie, who was on the panel with her:

https://youtu.be/3qEwRZ0PziA?t=6m43s

He goes out of his way to try and not say anything to upset her or anything and she still goes off on him.

And then she was willing to listen to his "BUT TWO SIDES!!!" bullshit for 15 minutes according to him.

Boogie gets on my nerves by how he always make everything about himself like during GamerGate and JohnTron.

No, I heard that as well. It was still wrong to come off and then start cursing at another panelist.

It's nice that he got to clear it up with her but still, how would you like to have anxiety and then have someone yell at you and curse at you instead of simply asking you to clarify or try to dicuss what you meant by something you said? That's something that can really hurt someone with anxiety issues.

Considering what Anita has faced, and considering that Boogie has literally said that we should listen to JonTron and meet him half way, it's understandable that she would be on edge and get upset when he gets the last word at the conference.

Should she be thinking "Yeah this dude said that we should listen to a dude that believes in white ethno states, but I should be nice to him because he might have social anxiety".

Ponn

Banned

So you spent multiple days defending the shit out of Pewdiepies Nazi shit and "kill all Jews" as just a misunderstanding or joke but ONE thing about Hitman in her video makes her a fraud, manipulator, scum, etc?

Uh-huh. Ok, then

Talking about her video game critique is literally just diversion tactics. She said shit I disagree with or I think is wrong or I believe untrue. Let's talk about that instead of the 3 rows of guys at her talk trying to intimidate her.

Because had she never made a mistake ever these guys woulda never picked on her.

Yup. Facts.

You even see it with "allies" who say "I don't agree with her but..."

Lol.

And then she was willing to listen to his "BOTH TWO SIDES" bullshit for 15 minutes according to him.

Boogie gets on my nerves by how he always make everything about himself like during GamerGate and JohnTron.

GamerGate is bad but all of this negative attention that I'm receiving from peddling GG is giving me anxiety and depression and I can't take it you guys.

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
Seriously, can anyone give me any examples where they actually harassed Anita, please? Because i am having a very hard time buying what you guys and girls are selling.
Literally the only good thing about your post is that I found an actual bingo card for threads like these...

anitasarkeesianbingocrelo.jpg

oh....and all of these:
tumblr_inline_nitw1om8s51qikfve.jpg

tumblr_inline_nitw1wT5xx1qikfve.jpg

tumblr_inline_nitw21vRih1qikfve.jpg

tumblr_inline_nitw2bUHxQ1qikfve.jpg

tumblr_inline_nitw2oYudR1qikfve.jpg

tumblr_inline_nitw2znrde1qikfve.jpg

tumblr_inline_nitw39wSIT1qikfve.jpg

"but guys does she actually get harassed tho? I didn't actually read the title, I just saw the words Anita Sarkeesian and thought I'd chime in on how much she's a scam artist."

Because they were sitting quietly watching a panel and to my knowledge the only thing Sargon asked her was if she wanted to talk.

Like i get it, everyone here hates Sargon. But at Vidcon, during this panel, he did not break any guidelines.
Ah I thought from skimming the article he did more than just yelling once.
I wonder when will this gamergater youtubers will grow the fuck up. It's really embarrassing watching 30+ old dudes with this rhetoric...
I mean, never? You're right, they are grown men, this is how they are. They're shithead adults, this is them grown up.

AndersK

No, there was some misogynist loser who had skulls on a shelf in the background of his YouTube videos. He started a Kickstarter for some tripe and people joked that he was just using the money to buy more skulls.

Yup, i made a bad joke, haha. The guy you're talking about is the one and only Davis Aurini.

Velkyn

You seem more concerned about Anita making mistakes than people trying to ruin her life and sending her death threats.

You don't understand, she's purposely trying to mislead people to make games more open and inclusive for everyone!

Dynasty

Lol at the title, I wouldnt call it astounding, there are a bunch of other things she could have said to Sargon without loosing the moral high ground.

MUnited83

For you.

" I only care about facts" says dude in his mom's basement, while making up a non-existent Patreon.

Jebusman

Banned
Either the mods aren't watching the thread or they're giving you one last chance to redeem yourself waterfall.

Do the right thing.

Admit that you "might" be wrong. You don't even have to change your views of Anita! Just admit that maybe, you might have been blinded by the internet hate machine towards her, just long enough to lose sight of the actual facts. It's OK. We've all been there. Sometimes you just get wrapped up in some bad stuff, it ain't your fault. We're here for you.

At the very beginning, I was swayed by the GG brigade. How could I not! I grew up in the depths of 4chan from it's inception. It's literally all you ever saw when it hit. It only took a bit of time and looking outside my comfort to realize that shit is fucking bonkers and these guys are idiots.

You can still be saved as well.

And you're even allowed to criticize Anita! It's not like she's impervious to any form of criticism. She gets stuff wrong. We all do.

But "Garbage human" and "sleazebag" aren't criticisms.

CRAWWWLING IN MY SKIIIIIIIIIIIN

Ah, the 'feminist system' causes blokes to become mass murderers, and they didn't happen before this 'feminist system' existed. That seems like a reasonable, logically sound stance to take. It's all so clear now.

If you just fucking sat there and took it instead of asking us to treat you like human beings and equals, well maybe we wouldn't have to harass and rape and murder you.

SMH.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
So you spent multiple days defending the shit out of Pewdiepies Nazi shit and "kill all Jews" as just a misunderstanding or joke but ONE thing about Hitman in her video makes her a fraud, manipulator, scum, etc?

Uh-huh. Ok, then

He has a penis. That makes it ok

Alucrid

Banned
Either the mods aren't watching the thread or they're giving you one last chance to redeem yourself waterfall.

Do the right thing.

Admit that you "might" be wrong. You don't even have to change your views of Anita! Just admit that maybe, you might have been blinded by the internet hate machine towards her, just long enough to lose sight of the actual facts. It's OK. We've all been there. Sometimes you just get wrapped up in some bad stuff, it ain't your fault. We're here for you.

also say that suicide squad is a garbage movie and that botw is certainly not GOTY

Dierce

These right wing GG shitheads are a bunch of stupid snowflakes. They are the ultimate representation of what they claim to denounce, they are the ones trying to create a society where only they, the intolerant white man, can openly oppress others and not face the consequences.

Bunch of idiots, hope they all disappear into irrelevance once orange turd and his cronies go to jail.

Mesoian

Seriously, can anyone give me any examples where they actually harassed Anita, please? Because i am having a very hard time buying what you guys and girls are selling.

Sorry. From all the times i have watched their videos i haven't seen any harrassmwnt, just critiques and from what i have seen, she, Anita, has never address or put herself in any position to have any dialogue except when the other person doesn't challenge her or ask any questions that matters (e.g. ABC news). I even saw how she treated booggie after his very nice final speech he made at vidcon and it was horrible. So since the majority hear are saying that they sargon and co are scumbags that harrassed anita then i would like to see that so i know where you are all coming from. Please don't tell me to type and search for whatever myself, actually show me the links here so i can be clued up if any clueing is neededfor, so far, i am not convinced in being all on her side.

Everything you need to know.

Also keep in mind, making a video as a response is fine. The content of the videos however are what shift these from being simple rebuttals to full on attacks.

That's one, and a good explaining why that one video is bullshit. But youtube has a full annotation service for videos now. Just read through some of them quickly and see how many are calm rational rebuttals and how much are driven out of the madness caused by a woman who dare speak her mind about a video game.

redcrayon

Ay you fuck up while talking bout video games

giphy.gif
When I think about all the shit I've talked about FFXIII, Adventures of Bayou Billy, Front Mission Evolved, Star Ocean IV and whichever other games I've bored everyone to tears about over the years, I must be due a good stalking by now.

RivalCore

Literally the only good thing about your post is that I found an actual bingo card for threads like these...

"but guys does she actually get harassed tho? I didn't actually read the title, I just saw the words Anita Sarkeesian and thought I'd chime in on how much she's a scam artist."

I don't think we've seen the old "Well everyone gets trolled on Twitter!" argument yet, so this might get it going.

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player

Since youre saying "watch her videos" in order to make me think that shes a piece of shit, and since your "proof" involves her talking about how a particulara game might be unfair to women, I have no reason but to conclude that you think shes a piece of shit because shes pointing out that videogames are unfair to women, correct? And you disagree with her so hard on this particular issue that she then becomes a piece of shit human.

Seriously, take a long hard look at yourself, because you have serious issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom