• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2017 - Magical Pyres can't melt Cold Steel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Diedac

ModBot said:
Instructions for Diedac:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

Grim Fandango Remastered -- MB-7D292204184A5281 - Taken by Orakio Rob
Titan Souls -- MB-454DF7F88BF15908 - Taken by KainXVIII

Wok

This one is releasing this month already?

I'm like 99% sure it didn't even had a releasedate earlier this month

May 16th: release date announced.

QKF3AgA.png

May 20th: release date postponed.

iiqfF76.png

Uzzy

I've added Dragon1893's preview of Cold Steel to the OP now. Good thing someone wrote one up, all I know about the Trails in the Sky series is that I enjoy the name when abbreviated.

I've added Dragon1893's preview of Cold Steel to the OP now. Good thing someone wrote one up, all I know about the Trails in the Sky series is that I enjoy the name when abbreviated.

You need to fix that.
This one isn't TITS though, it's TOCS.

Hm, I guess I should make it shorter next time, seems too long compared to the others. I just wrote what came to mind.

Wok

Well I wouldn't trust SteamDB when day is first, it most likely means there was just month listed. (reason is this)

Okay, no postponed release, but it still holds that the date was set 7 weeks ago.

I also don't remember seeing the date when I first encountered the game in my discovery queue.

Anteater

I'm playing Stories: The Path of Destinies, I was playing it on family sharing but my friend thought it sucked and he refunded it, so I was kicked out of the game, mother fucker.

wingamestore has it for 3.7 bucks so I got it there to continue

http://www.wingamestore.com/product/5668/Stories-The-Path-of-Destinies/

game is sorta like an arpg with some influence from batman arkham, except the counter button is replaced by parrying (you flick the anal stick at the direction of the enemy and press a button), i think it's sorta neat and it has some decision making interms of story, fascinated enough for me to find out what happens next

Zeeman

game is sorta like an arpg with some influence from batman arkham, except the counter button is replaced by parrying (you flick the anal stick at the direction of the enemy and press a button), i think it's sorta neat and it has some decision making interms of story, fascinated enough for me to find out what happens next

Wow, I was not expecting it to be that type of game from the screenshots I saw

kionedrik

I'm playing Stories: The Path of Destinies, I was playing it on family sharing but my friend thought it sucked and he refunded it, so I was kicked out of the game, mother fucker.

I loved that game and wrote a small recommendation on the sale thread. Truly an hidden gem.

Ladekabel

You flick your what?

o.0

I played it a little earlier and it hard locked my PC!

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

tSosaRZ.png

Mystery Gift -- MB-E8F4700C565CBB0A - Taken by MaxiLive. 12 entrants total.

t1499624441z1.png

TsuXna

Scroll through the library? Takes half a minute to pick something.
I wouldn't be asking if that worked. I do that, but simply can't choose.

http://www.thewheelhaus.com/

Seriously tho it's hard, especially when you are playing short burst games like Overwatch or Paladins. Doesn't help when my last 2 attempts at playing single player game (Telltale's Batman and Valkyria Chronicles) doesn't go well --- save gone and crashed.

Yea, i feel like my attention span has been getting shorter and shorter. I play a lot of overwatch and multi task in between. So, when playing a single player game i can't stay focused for too long. I'll give that a try. Thanks.

yuraya

How do you guys choose a game to play when you are not sure what exactly you want ?

Just create a "To Play in 2017" category and place all games you feel you should play for the rest of the year. And then choose something from them randomly. Once you see all your options you kinda get a better feel for what you want. It works for me.

Talking about Cold Steel, why do we still not have a concrete release data <.<

It seems XSeed took a liking in steam bomba releases.

So, instead of giving us a date+price+awareness months in advance, they'll drop it two weeks before release.

Seriously, I love XSEED, but the marketing work leaves to be desired.

TsuXna

Thanks, i will try.

Just create a "To Play in 2017" category and place all games you feel you should play for the rest of the year. And then choose something from them randomly. Once you see all your options you kinda get a better feel for what you want. It works for me.

Wow, surprised that from so many games only so little made it to the list.

Presented without comment and in a neutral anal stick position.

Grimoire Go-Live Date Will Only Be Updated When Valve Has Accepted and Approved The Package For The Store

July 8 - GOLDEN ERA GAMES

During the last two weeks leading up to the release date I kept marshalling more bugs and slight glitches in the game. No show stoppers but things that just needed to happen in version one. I did not want all the schadenfreude army to take delight in the fact the game was released with these glitches present.

As they accumulated over the past two weeks I kept hoping if I worked harder I could pull it all together at the last moment but when I woke up on Saturday I realized they had become substantial.

This means the release of Grimoire is just sliding a little, which always happens with any software. If you ever meet people who tell you they work as software developers and never miss deadlines you don't know any people who work as software developers.

Grimoire is a colossal game but has already been played completely through by dozens of testers as early as 2005. Every single issue raised during that test is long solved in the game. It is my own observations that have accumulated in the last two weeks.

I did the math and figured it is better to be a little late and deliver the ultimate game than to release it a couple days too soon just because of the pressure of the deadline. I have been working about 20 hours a day and it is amazing how much of it that was long postponed to "later" has been cleared up just in the last two days. I am going to continue working 20 hours a day until it is released very shortly.

As an example, it was always my intention that NPCs log useful entries in your quest book that are sensitive to context. I only had a couple instances of these but in the last two days have added about 92 additional notes by NPCs in the game to make sure the interactions are memorable.

The game could be released right now and few people would know it was not the final version. I am going to work on it intensely just a little more and then release it as a product polished to enormous perfection. If you get this close a couple days is not a big deal, compared to 23 years of working on it.

I told my wife it was similar to the Challenger disaster. Brilliant engineers worked for years on all these systems but then during the last hour they rushed to launch when a simple review and fix could have saved them from catastrophe. That's what I am doing with Grimoire. I canceled the countdown and we are just going to inspect those O-Rings to see if they need replacement before I punch the button here.

Hektor

So, this one was pretty neat.

It feels a bit like condemned in the beginning, but goes into a wildly different direction as the game goes on.

Despite being labelled as FPS, i really wouldn't recommend it as a shooter, since you spend a lot of time following th story, exploring, collecting evidence and even some puzzles.

The shooting gameplay in on itself is fairly janky, but manages to be nonetheless very fun as there are some cool things at your disposal like a CornerGun.

The Story is in on itself fairly good but nothing outstanding, the way it is told is pretty exciting.

Graphics are shite but the game still manages to be visually interesting a lot of times, soundtrack also happens to be really good whenever it is there.

If you can get past it being an obvious low budget game, i very much recommend it.

I must be the only one that doesn't like cuphead and thinks it looks like chromatic aberration the game.

Given the style the game is going for, CA is somewhat justified unlike many other games

Thanks for supplying me with this Tizoc :3

Presented without comment and in a neutral anal stick position.

This is the traditional Grimoire release pattern: Cleve promises a release date, fails to deliver, and then states that he just needed to fix the last few issues, and that he is working around the clock. Repeat ad nauseum as he tries to create attention for himself.

There is really no point in paying attention to him until he actually makes Grimoire available. Which is probably never going to happen.

How do you guys choose a game to play when you are not sure what exactly you want ?
By playing games from specific year + some stuff i bought and want to play right now. I started my backlog cleaning from games released in 2004, currently I'm on 2007 so most of the games i have installed was originally released in this year.
A2XKRTG.jpg

Some of them i played immediately after i installed them, some games like LEGO Star Wars and TF2 are sitting on my HDD for ages, waiting when i'll finally get in the mood to finally play them.

Ozium

Ucchedav&#257;da;243001329 said:
This is the traditional Grimoire release pattern: Cleve promises a release date, fails to deliver, and then states that he just needed to fix the last few issues, and that he is working around the clock. Repeat ad nauseum as he tries to create attention for himself.

There is really no point in paying attention to him until he actually makes Grimoire available. Which is probably never going to happen.

tumblr_inline_nxa7k8neIA1ri4d3y_400.gif

Ludens

Banned
But what if the game is bad. Will it still be a great price &#129300;

The game will feature graffiti and the option to use Chloe's tongue to win some situations and dunno, those feature make me think like they are trying to do something original with the game but those two things are not really so fresh, I bet the game will be just average, far far away from LIS.

Zeneric

Perfection (almost. Might need to add "Sega" to "Genesis", etc (e.g. "Sega Genesis" and "Sega Saturn"). But then my OCD'd go nut and be forced to add something to Nintendo/Sony's console titles to match "Sega" organized style. Too bad there's no way to add sub categories. Maybe you can in the new Steam UI - I hope):

Chzc.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom