• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2017 - Magical Pyres can't melt Cold Steel

Status
Not open for further replies.

RootCause

So I've been trying to play hitman Absolution, but I can't seem to stop the game from crashing.

I'm getting the "has stopped working" message after a couple of minutes of play.

Any help would be appreciated.

Anno

Couple nicer Humble spares.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Anno, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
Pillars of Eternity -- MB-BF1F174CA5E52A14 - Taken by electroflame. 32 entrants total.
Hyper Light Drifer -- MB-74D88C8DD9B60C9F - Taken by someguyinahat. 46 entrants total.

t1499554035z1.png

Parsnip

What's with the odd tag changes that started happening recently on steamdb app history? Like for example Bayonetta.

y'all have been watching that Castlevania netflix show right :eek:

it's pretty okay
Nope.
Fucking hell, Tomb Raider Anniversary can be frustrating sometimes, but that tower section in Great Pyramid level is one of the most impossible and unfair bullshit ever. Seriously, i can't remember last time i was so pissed off by a game, who the fuck designed this shit? It highlights all bad things in this game, camera and controls are clunky and unresponsive, Lara constantly not grabbing right ledges and falling from cliffs, idiotic checkpoint save system, and those fucking time limits are way too strict! People may don't like TR 2013 and RotTR, but at least controls in them were fluid and never bothered me that much.
Git gud.
Seriously though, I did all the time trial achievements on xbox way back when, didn't really have an issue with how the game controls or anything. 🤷

madjoki

What's with the odd tag changes that started happening recently on steamdb app history? Like for example Bayonetta.

So new client can display tags in library? (IDs so it can be translated for display)

It's just that SteamDB doesn't handle those particularly well. (Since tags seems to switch order all the time, it causes many changes).

Popstar

Is steam client acting really laggy and slow for anyone else?

Yup, I think it started acting weird after the latest Windows 10 update, and a lot of the times I have to restart steam as games fail to detect it. I even formatted my PC from how annoying it became, and even that didn't help.
I don't think it's Windows 10.

I'm on Windows 8.1 and have been having the same problems for a few weeks. Restarting Steam usually fixes it for me.

EDIT: seems to be a common problem https://steamcommunity.com/discussions/forum/1/1291817837622177579/

I played a little Mad Max too, because you know why. That game runs such incredibly high framerates. It has performance that just makes me feel good to play. That and MGSV are such standouts in that regard.
I have such a fondness for really blocky and simpler 3D models. Especially with today's hardware you can have low poly look without all the negatives that first came with it.

tumblr_nuiqn3te7y1roqda3o1_500.gif
SWWBsIg.gif

tumblr_ngwi52IuWw1szm3pwo1_400.gif
QBXAA.gif
Jet Set RADIOOOOOO!
iFjPbY2.gif

I've been playing Middle-earth™: Shadow of Mordor™ and the game is very polished and the landscapes are beautiful, and the way the Uruk-hais chiefs keep fighting between is cool and add some dynamic to the game. One thing that I'm not a fan is the combat and I know I may be in the minority but it's the same problem I have with Batman: Arkham Asylum, I like the place and the exploration but when it's time to fight against enemies it's kind of boring like: *left-click* some times, another enemy comes to attack *right click* goes back to *left-click* then execute.

Overall Middle-earth™: Shadow of Mordor™ is a competent game, and I may end buying it but I feel I could get bored because of the combat.

Edit: I'm not even paying attention to the lore.

venomenon

MDickie's Wrestling Revolution 3D coming to Steam

July 20, likely $9.99
Mh. I played a ton of Wrestling Mpire and Encore back in the day but it doesn't quite look like Revolution is less clumsy than those. Would've expected more of a gameplay evolution by now.
Might be worth a look though. You can do pretty insane stuff in these games. Playing career mode with a real-life mod and having wrestlers lose limbs from explosive items or be literally killed was really something else.

Game looks horrible as well. Is it a mobile port or something?
Nah, it's just dated. It's probably the same engine MDickie has been using for like what, 14 years?
edit: Oh wait, it was actually released on mobile. Still, it looks just like the older MDickie games.

Tonton

XSEED is weird
Cold Steel got a store page with no date
Extella got a date but no page
And then Zwei has just the community hub

Long loading times at start up, some weird online login for my single player game, hard crashes, shitty performance no matter what settings I choose.

Oh, Just Cause 3, you're really want me to refund you, don't you?

Tonton

Misread.
Did it get anounced by Gematsu, then?
Not sure what you're asking
I think I saw it first on Gematsu but XSEED also announced it on their Twitter

Tbf probably has to do that XSEED are handling the Cold Steel port while Marvelous themselves are doing the Extella one most likely

Fucking hell, Tomb Raider Anniversary can be frustrating sometimes, but that tower section in Great Pyramid level is one of the most impossible and unfair bullshit ever. Seriously, i can't remember last time i was so pissed off by a game, who the fuck designed this shit? It highlights all bad things in this game, camera and controls are clunky and unresponsive, Lara constantly not grabbing right ledges and falling from cliffs, idiotic checkpoint save system, and those fucking time limits are way too strict! People may don't like TR 2013 and RotTR, but at least controls in them were fluid and never bothered me that much.

I think I downloaded a save file from the next checkpoint just to skip that section.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Anno, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Anno, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
Pillars of Eternity -- MB-BF1F174CA5E52A14 - Taken by electroflame. 32 entrants total.
Hyper Light Drifer -- MB-74D88C8DD9B60C9F - Taken by someguyinahat. 46 entrants total.

t1499554035z1.png

If the recipient declines the game, or already has that game, the game will be returned to Steam and the buyer will automatically get a refund.
According to this.
Don't know if that would have an effect on card drops.
As Yakkue has already said, declined gifts are automagically refunded. I don't know if the card drop time penalty is still a thing.

Thank you both. Hopefully I won't have any sort of penalty on the card drop rate.

user237

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.

Dustoff Heli Rescue -- MB-AE6696D234B78B7B - Taken by voodooray

extra key

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Git gud.
It's actually pretty fun.

The core concept is okay, but it's very poorly implemented.

- Why is the UI so terrible for everything
- Why can't you save preferred controls
- Why can't you save preferred lineups
- Why can't you see speed stats in game
- Why is the UI for techcopy so bad
- Why is the UI for seeing what techs do so bad
- Why is the UI for setting techs so bad
- Why can't you save from the Blitzball menu
- Why is the Blitzball menu tiny and in the middle of the screen
- Why are leagues 10 games long
- Why can't you forfeit a game
- Why is there no prompt in the world to show that someone is recruitable
- Why does it not explain how leagues work
- Why does it not explain how free agency works
- Why does the game not count shots made before the buzzer but that arrive after the buzzer
- Why is enemy AI so bad and doing things that, for example, can't possibly work
- Why is it so slow and not affected by the speed-up function
- Why do you have to cheese the league/tourney prize randomization
- Why are there sometimes not available tournaments

I want a spinoff Blitzball game. Like a Dissidia universe thing where some super god shows up and challenges all the dimensions to a Blitzball tournament. Tidus' head will be in a jar and he will be the coach for Yuna's team.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
I want a spinoff Blitzball game. Like a Dissidia universe thing where some super god shows up and challenges all the dimensions to a Blitzball tournament. Tidus' head will be in a jar and he will be the coach for Yuna's team.

I wish I was joking, and I promise I'm not. Canonically after FFX-2, Tidus comes back. He's hanging out with Yuna and they have a fight. Tidus gets mad and kicks a blitzball. But it turns out the blitzball is a bomb and it explodes. Tidus dies. Yuna goes to the farplane and revives him using special farplane magic. But then she dumps him because she doesn't want to be with him anymore. The end. Again, this might seem like a sarcastic shit post because Final Fantasy is dumb, but this is actually what the creators of the game wrote and intended.

http://unrealitymag.com/video-games/psa-dont-listen-to-final-fantasy-xs-audio-drama/

https://www.reddit.com/r/FinalFanta...is_a_short_summary_for_ffx25_and_ffx_will_to/

https://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/643146-final-fantasy-x-x-2-hd-remaster/68876099

I'm not kidding.

ModBot said:
Instructions for pretty done:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (pretty done, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

t1cxE6r.gif
Ashes of the Singularity: Escalation -- MB-C2135E663F3E581D - Taken by boybrushdRED. 3 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
Galactic Civilizations III -- MB-34AD0F249D158151 - Taken by rainking187. 4 entrants total.
Armello -- MB-33AB74A34028F3F9 - Taken by CGriffiths86. 6 entrants total.
Hyper Light Drifter -- MB-555B95D8E2405138 - Taken by Baron_Calamity. 17 entrants total.
SimplePlanes -- MB-56F7676B676B676E - Taken by MaxiLive. 1 entrants total.

t1499573726z1.png

Mivey

I'm not kidding.
Why kidding? This sounds like something from the people that wrote X. I find it remarkable for how much technical progress has happened in the last two decades, it seems as far as writing is concerned, video games peaked in the 90s.

I wish I was joking, and I promise I'm not. Canonically after FFX-2, Tidus comes back. He's hanging out with Yuna and they have a fight. Tidus gets mad and kicks a blitzball. But it turns out the blitzball is a bomb and it explodes. Tidus dies. Yuna goes to the farplane and revives him using special farplane magic. But then she dumps him because she doesn't want to be with him anymore. The end. Again, this might seem like a sarcastic shit post because Final Fantasy is dumb, but this is actually what the creators of the game wrote and intended.

http://unrealitymag.com/video-games/psa-dont-listen-to-final-fantasy-xs-audio-drama/

https://www.reddit.com/r/FinalFanta...is_a_short_summary_for_ffx25_and_ffx_will_to/

https://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/643146-final-fantasy-x-x-2-hd-remaster/68876099

I'm not kidding.
TidusLaugh.wav

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom