• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 |OT| an Ode to the Automobile

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just in case there was ANY doubt, my friend who works for Centresoft (distributor for games in the UK) said the GT5 shipment is arriving today! Wahoo!

spats

KennyLinder said:
Just in case there was ANY doubt, my friend who works for Centresoft (distributor for games in the UK) said the GT5 shipment is arriving today! Wahoo!

If he wants to send me an early copy I'd be very grateful. ;)

Not sure if it's new Amazon.co.uk dispatch date changed to 2 days before it launches. Pretty sweet :D

Not yet dispatched
Dispatch Estimate: 22 Nov 2010 - 23 Nov 2010

Ashes

Banned
KennyLinder said:

you knows whats to be done.

nofi

KennyLinder said:

I've heard a few retailers got their's today too.

Metalmurphy said:
Not sure if it's new Amazon.co.uk dispatch date changed to 2 days before it launches. Pretty sweet :D

Not yet dispatched

I can't even see a dispatch estimate, where is that displayed? Mine just says delivery estimate.

spats

Metalmurphy said:

Not yet dispatched

:eek:

My trusty retailer is still saying 24th. Hoping it stays that way and the speculated "shipping delay" won't affect Finland. fi.playstation.com is still unchanged, but that may just as well be because the people who maintain that site are slow and lazy.

edit:

nofi said:
I've heard a few retailers got their's today too.

Still no review copy at the TSA tower?

amar212

WTF??

From GTPlanet, member serverfull:

I would like to shed light on the versions some users have. They are copies of GT5 but the first run that was pressed wasn't the gold version. The version that was pressed was preview code. Don't ask me how / why I know because those questions are not something I will answer.

Thanks

People that thought I work for PD or Sony are not correct. If that was the case I won't have added my PSN to the account. Not stupid .

I have and do work in the industry though. There are cases were preview code gets pressed and shipped. There are even cases were a game is cancelled during shipping (My copy of NBA Elite 11). Most of the time if preview code is retail pressed it is caught within 1500 copies by QA. Sometimes we mess up and send those to reviewers though. Mainly because they usually get the first 1000 off the line.

Since this was caught a little further in the stamping process they decided to delay the game and destroy first run copies. After that when 2nd press started PD rep was there to verify the version.

All this is very easy to fark up because you send Sony, MS, Nintendo and there pressing partners an was is basically an ISO from there Dev kits.

Is it wrong that I'm totally over the moon for the B-Spec mode? Can't wait to sink my teeth into it! The whole game is going to own all and sundry, but the B-Spec mode is definitely the most exciting thing for me.

Hope it's got a lot of nitty-gritty.

Hanmik

Hmmm.. that Tekken guy confirmed that the Gamesaves are copy-protected.. that is not good.. I´m playing on an olde 60Gb PS3, and it will probably crash one day, or be traded in for a Slim version.. and now I cannot transfer my 100h GT5 gamesave... damn

jiggles

Banned
Has there been any explanation to the difference in the boxart for all these "leaked" copies?

The SLS is supposed to be red and the GT logo is supposed to be in colour, like this, but all the copies floating about last week were silver and silver.

spats

Pylon_Trooper said:
Is it wrong that I'm totally over the moon for the B-Spec mode?

Over the moon.. over the castle?

Team-member-dies.jpg

edit: sorry, lousy day

spats said:
Over the moon.. over the castle?

Team-member-dies.jpg

edit: sorry, lousy day

I wish I'd gotten on the Miami bandwagon, because I'm sure I'd really enjoy the quote! Hope tomorrow brings a better day, Spats! :lol

But in all seriousness, I obviously hadn't followed the development too closely...so when I read about this management aspect, I got all giddy. Should be awesome. How deep do you think it'll be?

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
Metalmurphy said:
I'm still not ready to believe that guy yet.
It makes a lot of sense though. An early production run gets the wrong master, and once quality control catches that, that batch is scheduled for termination. In the meantime, meant-to-be-terminated copies end up in the wild.

gogogow

Hanmik said:
Hmmm.. that Tekken guy confirmed that the Gamesaves are copy-protected.. that is not good.. I´m playing on an olde 60Gb PS3, and it will probably crash one day, or be traded in for a Slim version.. and now I cannot transfer my 100h GT5 gamesave... damn
Use PS3 Data Transfer Utility, it transfers data that is saved on one PS3 system to another PS3 system. You can use this feature when replacing the PS3 system that you usually use with another PS3 system. Even saved data that is copy-protected can be transferred.

amar212 said:
WTF??

From GTPlanet, member serverfull:
Would this theory fit in with the rumblings that you had heard?

I remember you mentioning that the leaked copies had "complicated" the announcement of the new release date.
Seems to jive.

chico

what bothers me the most in almost all videos ive seen...
in the cockpit view the wheel is always on the right side, even in german/french/italian cars. i always hoped that the position of the wheel is determined by which company (country) the car is build. :(

spats

Pylon_Trooper said:
I wish I'd gotten on the Miami bandwagon, because I'm sure I'd really enjoy the quote! Hope tomorrow brings a better day, Spats! :lol

But in all seriousness, I obviously hadn't followed the development too closely...so when I read about this management aspect, I got all giddy. Should be awesome. How deep do you think it'll be?

Swapping between drivers so their stress levels don't get too high and pitting the car every now and then to change the tires and potentially repair broken parts should bring a lot of interesting variables to the B-Spec mode. It was fun in GT4 too but so barebones that it was hard to get anything out of it. I'm really looking forward to it myself.

jiggles

Banned
chico said:
what bothers me the most in almost all videos ive seen...
in the cockpit view the wheel is always on the right side, even in german/french/italian cars. i always hoped that the position of the wheel is determined by which company (country) the car is build. :(

I'm almost certain I've seen a ton of videos with left hand drive.

darkwing

Hanmik said:

game saves have been copy protected since we had trophies, you can move the whole data to another PS3, forgot the name of that feature

Hanmik

gogogow said:
Use PS3 Data Transfer Utility, it transfers data that is saved on one PS3 system to another PS3 system. You can use this feature when replacing the PS3 system that you usually use with another PS3 system. Even saved data that is copy-protected can be transferred.

hmm I always thought copy-protected saves didn´t transfer..

this is from the backup utility:
PS3 manual said:
*1 Copy-protected data cannot be restored. Also, saved data that has been restored may not be usable in some games.
*2 Does not include copyright-protected data.

but I guess it is different if you use the Transfer Utility..

any way, nothing will help if this PS3 Ylod´s (In August one of my 60Gb PS3´s YLOD´ed). I could only transfer the gamesaves manually, because even after reflowing and trying all sort of shit, my ps3 would only work for 15 min. So a transfer of data or Backup is not possible if this one YLOD´s to...

But I keep my fingers crossed that nothing like that will happen..

Hanmik said:

Are you kidding me??!?!? What the hell is the thought process behind this? I have 2 ps3's in my house and like to play on both from time to time. Fuck sakes. Either give us cloud saves or allow us to transfer data easily.

darkwing said:
game saves have been copy protected since we had trophies, you can move the whole data to another PS3, forgot the name of that feature

Hmm, am I thinking of something else? The only other game that I cannot transfer saves is Demon's Souls.

darkwing said:

I copied my God of War III saves all the time to put them on Memory Stick for protection. I guess they did it because some users will make saves with cars unlocked and distribute them on the net. Pacific Rift was locked until they patched it and made it copyable.

If people complain enough PD might sort it out. Annoying though :(

chico

jigglywiggly said:
I'm almost certain I've seen a ton of videos with left hand drive.

yeah you are right... exagerated a bit! ;)
but still... why is the wheel on the peugoet 307cc on the wrong side? doesnt make sense. as a french car it should be on the left side!

well maybe a stupid detail to nitpick about... i shouldnt. 1 more week... woohooo

gogogow

Hanmik said:
but I guess it is different if you use the Transfer Utility..

any way, nothing will help if this PS3 Ylod´s (In August one of my 60Gb PS3´s YLOD´ed). I could only transfer the gamesaves manually, because even after reflowing and trying all sort of shit, my ps3 would only work for 15 min. So a transfer of data or Backup is not possible if this one YLOD´s to...

But I keep my fingers crossed that nothing like that will happen..
GT5 is such a huge game, it would suck if your PS3 died and lose your savegame.
The Transfer utilitiy is kinda stupid, since you have to buy a new PS3 before your old one dies and after you´ve transferred the data, your old PS3 will be empty. So you will be left an old PS3 which still works but doesn´t have any data on the HDD.

chico

a question to all the wheel owners!

on which steering degree setting do you guys race?
when i put my wheel (fanatec porsche turbo s) on 900 degree, i have to rotate the wheel too much in curves, so that i mostly race with the setting between 270 (dirt2) and 540 (forza3).

Ashes

Banned
DoctorWho said:
:lol :lol You think they'd make sure it was final code before they sent it to be pressed.

That's if the anonymous person on the internet is correct. and this isn't sony pr stunt of epic proportions to drive up preorders.

the simplest solution is the most prefered one though. occam's razor etc.

LCfiner

chico said:
a question to all the wheel owners!

on which steering degree setting do you guys race?
when i put my wheel (fanatec porsche turbo s) on 900 degree, i have to rotate the wheel too much in curves, so that i mostly race with the setting between 270 (dirt2) and 540 (forza3).

yeah, in GT5:p , I set the fanatec wheel to 270 degrees but the linearity setting to around 50, to give some finesse at small turning angles.

the last thing i want when having to go around a tight corner is to do a hand over hand move.

I do change it back to 900 (off setting) If i'm just cruising around a track at low speed, specifically the london track. i just put everything on manual and drive around like it's a boring city tour. :lol

Hanmik said:

Just do a full system backup, that is the only way to save all of your game saves that would allow you to transfer them to another PS3 if your main PS3 broke and was unable to use the data transfer. This happened to me. I did a full system backup the an external HDD just for the fuck of it and sure enough a month later my 60GB died. Did a restore from the HDD and all my saves worked. I now try to make a backup regularly, speaking of which, I need to do that soon. I wish you could setup an auto backup schedule.

Massa

gutterboy44 said:
Just do a full system backup, that is the only way to save all of your game saves that would allow you to transfer them to another PS3 if your main PS3 broke and was unable to use the data transfer. This happened to me. I did a full system backup the an external HDD just for the fuck of it and sure enough a month later my 60GB died. Did a restore from the HDD and all my saves worked. I now try to make a backup regularly, speaking of which, I need to do that soon. I wish you could setup an auto backup schedule.

Copy protected saves can't be backed up. The only way to transfer them from a PS3 is with the network transfer utility, which deletes these files from the source system to guarantee they only exist in one PS3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom