• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 |OT| an Ode to the Automobile

Status
Not open for further replies.

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
LCfiner said:
knowing that these premium models take a long time to make, cost a lot of money and tie up valuable resources, do you really think it was a worthwhile effort for not just one, but THREE of these vehicles to be included in the game - as premium models - instead of having the team spend their time on modeling 3 other types of vehicles? more versatile vehicles, perhaps? they don't have to be VWs. they don't have to be 1000 hp "anti-racing" beasts. just... something better than those three joke-vehicles.
I do generally agree with you there - there are plenty of other famous VWs that would be considered more fun to ride and race by the general public today. Heck, a later (say, 60's) beetle could've easily been in place of one of the WWII ones, and hardly anybody would've complained about the change. But I guess the 'virtual car museum' aspect of GT had a major role for that decision, and I respect that, even though I, for one, would've loved to have some of the RUFs as premium (I love how the classic Porsches drive, and I love photo mode). That said, I'm sure we haven't seen all of the premiums that GT will have in a year or two.

Angst

nib95 said:
NoooOOOOOO! What a shitty way to do things! I'll ring them up. Is there no way you can stick the drive in to a PC and retrieve just the save file or something?

Well, I guess. It just starts turning on (green light), blinks yellow for an instant then turns off and stays flashing red intermittently.
Have you tried starting your PS3 in recovery mode and do a file system recovery? If I remember correctly you hold down the power button as you flip the switch on the back. But google it first, there are plenty of youtube videos out there. There's a small chance this helps you out. Hopefully you might at least get to the XMB so you can backup everything (sans GT5) and deactivate your PS3 before you send it in.

Edit - http://boardsus.playstation.com/t5/...-the-PlayStation-3-Recovery-Menu/m-p/39144801

LCfiner

blu said:
I do generally agree with you there - there are plenty of other famous VWs that would be considered more fun to ride and race by the general public today. Heck, a later (say, 60's) beetle could've easily been in place of one of the WWII ones, and hardly anybody would've complained about the change. But I guess the 'virtual car museum' aspect of GT had a major role for that decision, and I respect that, even though I, for one, would've loved to have some of the RUFs as premium (I love how the classic Porsches drive, and I love photo mode). That said, I'm sure we haven't seen all of the premiums that GT will have in a year or two.

totally agreed here. a shame that Porsche/RUF are standard only.

And I totally expect to put some money down on car DLC if the selection of new premiums is interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom