• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 |OT| an Ode to the Automobile

Status
Not open for further replies.

nib95

Banned
AndyD said:
'Whats going on there? He seems alone on that portion of the track going by the map.

Maybe the opponent is so close it's overlapped the map indicator?

Anyway, got my G25. Tracking shows my Wheel Stand Pro Deluxe is with Parcelforce for express 24 delivery. Now I just need GT5!!! Arghh I hate you Play! Lol.

Carlisle

AndyD said:
My amazon order is still on not yet shipped.

I dont think ill get it til tomorrow. And we leave for thanksgiving at noon tomorrow!!!!

Which means possibly no GT until Sunday!!!!!!!!!!!!
I feel you bro. My amazon finally says preparing for shipment, and expected delivery is still tomorrow, but I'm so nervous. I leave for TG tomorrow night and GT5 plays a MAJOR role in my hanging-out-with-my-brother-and-cousin-like-old-times plans. I intend to sell them on GT5 so we can all game it up during non-get-together times. Shouldn't be a hard sell since my bro has all the prior GT games and my cousin even got sold on ModNation Racers (not that it's a bad game, but c'mon... GT5).

If I don't have GT5 then how can my plan unfold?! I'm fairly confident it will arrive tomorrow, but whether it will do so before I leave is what worries me. I've seen FedEx trucks as late as 8-9 pm dropping shit off at my building. I'll be gone by like 6.

Edit:
How the anus do so many people already have it?!

Mad_Ban

Looks like I'll be getting the Signature Edition for £30 tonight. :)

I wasn't really planning on getting it, but I have enough games that I won't ever play again, and a Kinect which I didn't really want to make it worth my while to have a special bit of GT history. :D

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
That's why I hate ordering online sometimes. If I want a game without waiting for the post, I will pre-order in store. Screw waiting. Not that it will pay off for me tomorrow as I work until 5 :(

Goldrusher

Kinan said:
So what are your guys opinion on this wheel/cockpit?

http://www.thrustmaster.com/product.aspx?ProductID=206&PlatformID=12

Seems pretty ideal to me, since I do not need to care about a stand and can just fold it away easily.
Is the wheel itself much worse than DFGT, for example?

In Germany I can buy this "Ferrari" for 200€, so its seriously cheaper than G25/27.
It doesn't even have force feedback, it's 100% worthless. :lol

Get yourself a DFGT and a standalone wheelstand. (http://www.wheelstandpro.com)

saladine1

Valkyr Junkie said:
You're judging the audio in this game by a video recorded on a cell phone. Congratufuckinglations.
You guys have no clue.
It's not the fucking quality of the vid that's in question. It's the actual sound of a supposed V8 not sounding like a V8 should after the upgrades.
Did you not read what I said about the first vid.
It does sound like a V8 but not the rest and if you can't tell that regardless of video quality then you need your ears checked.
Anyway, youtube vid or no youtube vid, this is how upgraded exhausts sound on V8's in the game through my mates 7.1 setup...you can also check the sound thread on GTP who most are in agreement on the subject.

Oh my god, Karting is so much fun and realistic. I don't see boundaries in the online fun department with this! :lol

Must be pretty bad with a controller though. Please do yourself a favor and buy a wheel for this game. The pro wheel settings are amazing.

LOVING the game so far. Standard cars don't bother me much, some of the shadows (pre race car view) are bad and the occasional tearing is a bit annoying. Taking the overall package into account those are nothing but minor nitpicks though. The physics are on point.

Also I don't get the complaints about the EU intro. Gave me goosebumps.

brentech

Yeah, as others have said, Amazon US finally showing:
Release Date Shipping said:
Shipping Soon: These items are being prepared for shipment, and this portion of your order cannot be canceled or changed.

And I too have guests coming over tomorrow afternoon, might not be able to play much until after thanksgiving...ahhhhh. Damn this release day!

GlamFM

Banned
nib95 said:
Some in-game screens, not the best captures but still cool none-the-less.

http://www.psnation.org/2010/11/23/gt5-if-a-picture-is-worth-1000-words/

gt5-1-7.jpg

gt5-1-16.jpg

gt5-1-29.jpg

gt5-1-48.jpg

gt5-1-51.jpg

gt5-1-52.jpg

gt5-1-63.jpg

gt5-1-79.jpg

gt5-1-87.jpg

gt5-1-88.jpg

gt5-1-109.jpg

This really shows what I said.

In game it´s not really impressive - sometimes it looks good, sometimes it doesn´t.

And that is what I mean when I say the game is lacking polish.

EDIT: In motion expect to see an inconsitant framerate and some light tearing sometimes.

saladine1 said:
You guys have no clue.
It's not the fucking quality of the vid that's in question. It's the actual sound of a supposed V8 not sounding like a V8 should after the upgrades.
Did you not read what I said about the first vid.
It does sound like a V8 but not the rest and if you can't tell that regardless of video quality then you need your ears checked.
Anyway, youtube vid or no youtube vid, this is how upgraded exhausts sound on V8's in the game through my mates 7.1 setup...you can also check the sound thread on GTP who most are in agreement on the subject.

That's all good, but I've completely upgraded my Tempest Le Mans in the game, and it sounds as raw as any other open exhaust V8 you'll hear in any game or in real life. It does not sound like an I4, or a Turbo 6, or any other stock sound note; it sounds like a V8.

Niks

GlamFM said:

In game it´s not really impressive - sometimes it looks good, sometimes it doesn´t.

EDIT: In motion expect to see an inconsitant framerate and some light tearing sometimes.

Keep fighting the good fight!!
:lol

nib95

Banned
GlamFM said:

Personally to me all the above screens look fantastic. And knowing it'll look even better on my screen whilst running at 1080p at 60fps is a glorious thought.

GlamFM said:

We saw your post the first time.

And for the record, those shots look better then any other 60fps racer on consoles.

equap

Banned
AndyD said:
My amazon order is still on not yet shipped.

I dont think ill get it til tomorrow. And we leave for thanksgiving at noon tomorrow!!!!

Which means possibly no GT until Sunday!!!!!!!!!!!!

1236806048113.png
relax.

this is what i'm going to do. if i don't get it tomorrow, i'm just going to drive to best buy or wal-mart, buy the game and return the amazon order to best buy/wal-mart.

Hanmik

GlamFM said:

Ok you are still here.. please refrain from QUOTING pics like that... it makes the thread UNREADABLE.. and why do you only show up in here and post comments about stuff that is negative..? just curios..

GlamFM said:

You have to stop using an SDTV. :lol

The game looks amazing on my set and the physics are impressive!

nib95

Banned
Hanmik said:
Ok you are still here.. please refrain from QOUTING pics like that... it makes the thread UNREADABLE.. and why do you only show up in here and post comments about stuff that is negative..? just curios..

Not to do the whole tin foil hat thing, but someone did mention earlier he'd played a considerable number (can't remember exactly what it was) of 360 games over the year (around 4 the same night he was playing GT5?) and in stark contrast 3-4 PS3 games in the same time frame. That added with some of his earlier posts....

Well...you catch my drift. But anyway...

Game looks phenomenal if you ask me. Though I could agree that elements of it are a tad inconsistent. Sort of forgivable given everything else on screen and off.

Huggers

GlamFM said:

I believe in you man, you can do it

zoukka

Foliorum Viridum said:
Please can somebody post details on how much can be turned off?

The map iirc...

I really hope for a patch about the HUD at some point. We'll just have to make noise about it.

Lothars

Hanmik said:
Ok you are still here.. please refrain from QOUTING pics like that... it makes the thread UNREADABLE.. and why do you only show up in here and post comments about stuff that is negative..? just curios..

Well if he actually posted positive stuff than he couldn't keep subtlety trolling like he keeps doing.

nib95 said:
Not to do the whole tin foil hat thing, but someone did mention earlier he'd played a considerable number (can't remember exactly what it was) of 360 games over the year (around 4 the same night he was playing GT5?) and in stark contrast 3-4 PS3 games in the same time frame.
/smh

Don't do this shit GAF. Hell, depending on the time of year I might have not played the 360 for 6 months (back when GoW III, Heavy Rain etc were out) and then later I might only be on the 360 for 6 months (Halo Reach, Super Meat Boy etc).

It's just a bit sad. If he's trolling, then I'm sure the mods will deal with him as appropriate.

monocromo

Arex said:
He's probably looking behind? kinda like this one:

http://www.psnation.org/wp-content/gallery/gt5/gt5-1-16.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

You got it. He is, in fact, 1st on that pic. Four people in the race, three behind.

Metalmurphy said:
We saw your post the first time.

And for the record, those shots look better then any other 60fps racer on consoles.
I dunno, those captures arent very good. Although I find it interesting that he avoided the Taxigamer captures right below and homed in on the ones that wouldnt undermine his point.

zoukka

nib95 said:
Not to do the whole tin foil hat thing, but someone did mention earlier he'd played a considerable number (can't remember exactly what it was) of 360 games over the year (around 4 the same night he was playing GT5?) and in stark contrast 3-4 PS3 games in the same time frame. That added with some of his earlier posts....

Taken off context, that means jack shit though.

Torgo

The screens lose some fidelity when I converted them to .jpg

I have the original .tga files if anyone wants one of the shots uncompressed.

Also, everything's in 720p since that's what I cap video at. You have to remember that these are taken on-the-fly, so there may be some weirdness here-and-there. The fact is, the game looks amazing at 1080p and 720p, and anyone that thinks otherwise is either just too jaded for everything, or blind.

Carlisle

GlamFM said:

Thanks for you posts Glam. It takes some serious balls to come into an official thread with people drunk on amazing screens that may or may not be bullshots and deliver a sobering opinion like that. It's like when people are at a bar having a great time and then the lights come on.

Like someone said yesterday (so about 150 million pages ago), it's not realistic to expect Crysis with cars on 4 year old hardware. I'd much rather be realistically prepared for what to expect now than to sit down and expect the most retina-searingly amazing graphics I've ever seen and not get it. I think the screens you quoted show a much more realistic look at the game. They are still incredible shots though, and I think your comparisons to Forza games might be a little unfair.

So thanks for showing us that this is indeed one of the best looking console racers ever made, and also for showing us that the game's visuals also won't elevate us to a higher state of consciousness so as to transcend eyes and optic nerves altogether.

peull

I was reading the thread when a little something on top of my monitor reminded me of something. Yes, sitting there is a PSEye.

Anyone tried the head tracking in the game? Impressions? Best to turn it off?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom