• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT9| Our raid wiped in Icecrown Citadel

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
From 136 packs I got:
The Lich King
Arfus
Blood Queen Lana'thel
Sindragosa
Prince Keleseth - Golden (2 mana Prince) =(
Bolvar, Fireblood
Valeera the Hollow - Golden
Moorabi
Shadowreaper Anduin
Deathstalker Rexxar - Golden (WTF 3 Golden Legendaries???)
Hadronox

This seems like an insanely high number of golden legendaries. I think I have only gotten a maybe 5 total before this expansion? Now off to try the missions and see what DK I end up with from there.

And got: Thrall, Deathseer from the Prologue. Pretty good. Only one I'm considering crafting right away is Jaina.

zami

Neo Member
Build a Beast is really fun, it is crazy all the combinations you can come up with. Also beat a Priest who played four Obsidian Statues because of Free From Amber. That is an annoying card to deal with.

Nickle

Cool Facts: Game of War has been a hit since July 2013
Zoolock is actually nuts, Kripp is running it right now I think. I did it without Prince Kelseth and plopped some 2 drops in, and it still feels super good.

Fuck Death Knight Druid is so goddamn good with his taunts.

"The Cycle of Decay begins"
"You will Wither and Rot"
"The Web Unravels"

Death Knight Druid is my spirit animal.

Bizazedo

Tried this and went up against Priest after Priest after Priest followed by a control Paladin. Ripped all four apart. It probably sucks, but it was a lot of fun & the threats just kept coming. Defile and Despicable Dreadlord is so good. And yes, that is Malchezaar lol.

### Krul & Kazakus
# Class: Warlock
# Format: Standard
# Year of the Mammoth
#
# 1x (1) Flame Imp
# 1x (1) Voidwalker
# 1x (2) Bloodmage Thalnos
# 1x (2) Corrupting Mist
# 1x (2) Defile
# 1x (2) Drain Soul
# 1x (2) Gnomeferatu
# 1x (3) Drain Life
# 1x (3) Felguard
# 1x (3) Sense Demons
# 1x (4) Arfus
# 1x (4) Blastcrystal Potion
# 1x (4) Crystalweaver
# 1x (4) Hellfire
# 1x (4) Kazakus
# 1x (4) Shadowflame
# 1x (5) Bane of Doom
# 1x (5) Despicable Dreadlord
# 1x (5) Prince Malchezaar
# 1x (5) Tar Lurker
# 1x (6) Dread Infernal
# 1x (6) Felfire Potion
# 1x (6) Illidan Stormrage
# 1x (6) Kabal Trafficker
# 1x (6) Siphon Soul
# 1x (7) Abyssal Enforcer
# 1x (8) The Lich King
# 1x (8) Twisting Nether
# 1x (9) Krul the Unshackled
# 1x (10) Bloodreaver Gul'dan
#
AAECAf0GHhcwkwGFBKwE7QXbBtwGlwe2B/sHwgjMCKC3Ase7Ati7AsW8Atm8At28Auy/Av2/AurBAo/HAufLAqLNAq7NAvfNAsLOApfTArbiAgAA
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

wiibomb

You never want to dilute your deck like that, though.

Its a deck with a long long play, it doesn't matter to have 1 or 2 extra card here and there.

Also, the deck isn't diluted, it's literally having more cards that the deck already had from beggining, it's even part of the plan of the deck. Diluting would be adding 3 jade idols on turn 1, because of the top deck reason, adding an extra execute is extremely valuable for a control deck, top decking it is really good.

A turn 2 dead mans hand isn't such a far fetched idea. That card is making much more in a control deck than just avoiding fatigue.

who's got wild dk warlock with malganis list? im trying to fill up my roster but want a spot to go from for that, just crafted mal but i don't have krul

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Just played a 15+ minute match that went to fatigue against a priest. He had like every possible new highroll card to try to get out an early Ysera or that 4/8 taunt and stack revives on them. Think I went through that giant taunt 5 times.

Felt soooooo good to grind him down with DK Pally. Fuck priests.

I pulled hadronax, Guldan and Uther. I have no idea what to make :| I have plenty of dust, like 7400 before dipping into my foils(foil murloc quest, looking at you bro.)

I -LOVE- warrior so im thinking of picking up their legendaires plus the lich king for some taunt warrior/berserk warrior action. But! i'm super interested in shaman and mage this pack and i already have 2 other ones who seem itching for use : ( decisions!

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
Death Grip from the Lich King (or wherever) is fucking nuts.

It STEALS the card from their deck for 2 mana.

Did you care about having Raza or Kazakus? TOO BAD I TOOK IT. Or that Hydrologist, mine. Elise? Mine. Etc.

f0lken

I made a zombeast deck that I am in love with. But there is a big inconvenient. It lacks a finisher, i regularly manage to get even agro decks to turns 12-15 but in the end because I lack a finisher I end losing :(. Seriously considering creating King Crush 😂

I made a zombeast deck that I am in love with. But there is a big inconvenient. It lacks a finisher, i regularly manage to get even agro decks to turns 12-15 but in the end because I lack a finisher I end losing :(. Seriously considering creating King Crush 😂

I try it with nzoth cos of that

### STD DKzoth
# Class: Hunter
# Year of the Mammoth
#
# 1x (1) Alleycat
# 1x (1) Fiery Bat
# 2x (1) Hunter's Mark
# 1x (1) Mistress of Mixtures
# 1x (1) Tracking
# 2x (2) Crackling Razormaw
# 2x (2) Doomsayer
# 2x (2) Kindly Grandmother
# 1x (2) Loot Hoarder
# 2x (3) Deadly Shot
# 2x (3) Eaglehorn Bow
# 2x (3) Kill Command
# 2x (3) Rat Pack
# 2x (3) Stitched Tracker
# 1x (3) Unleash the Hounds
# 1x (4) Exploding Bloatbat
# 1x (5) Corpse Widow
# 1x (6) Deathstalker Rexxar
# 2x (6) Savannah Highmane
# 1x (10) N'Zoth, the Corruptor
#
AAECAR8K+wGXCNsJ4KwCuK0C6rsC3sQC0MoCxs4ChtMCCooBjQGoAsUI7Qn+DLm0Auy7Ao7DAtPNAgA=
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

not that good yet but it's playable, interested in hearing now to improve it. exploding bat is bad but, with out any other taunts from nzoth, you kinda need it for that. or to adapt it with poison. also try to get deathrattle taunt from zombeast #1 priority.

corpsewidow is real interesting but i haven't figured out how to abuse it yet. theoretically you could dump any 1/2 mana deathrattles on curve on 5 with it, but it's clunky. it does trigger the quest with 3 drops though, so i'll probably goof around with wild quest dk with corpsewidows and 3 drop deathrattles.

f0lken

I try it with nzoth cos of that

### STD DKzoth
# Year of the Mammoth
#
# 1x (1) Alleycat
# 1x (1) Fiery Bat
# 2x (1) Hunter's Mark
# 1x (1) Tracking
# 2x (2) Crackling Razormaw
# 2x (2) Doomsayer
# 2x (2) Kindly Grandmother
# 1x (2) Loot Hoarder
# 2x (3) Deadly Shot
# 2x (3) Eaglehorn Bow
# 2x (3) Kill Command
# 2x (3) Rat Pack
# 1x (4) Exploding Bloatbat
# 1x (5) Corpse Widow
# 2x (6) Savannah Highmane
# 1x (10) N'Zoth, the Corruptor
#
AAECAR8K+wGXCNsJ4KwCuK0C6rsC3sQC0MoCxs4ChtMCCooBjQGoAsUI7Qn+DLm0Auy7Ao7DAtPNAgA=
#

not that good yet but it's playable, interested in hearing now to improve it. exploding bat is bad but, with out any other taunts from nzoth, you kinda need it for that. or to adapt it with poison. also try to get deathrattle taunt from zombeast #1 priority.

corpsewidow is real interesting but i haven't figured out how to abuse it yet. theoretically you could dump any 1/2 mana deathrattles on curve on 5 with it, but it's clunky. it does trigger the quest with 3 drops though, so i'll probably goof around with wild quest dk with corpsewidows and 3 drop deathrattles.

Nice, I”ll check it out. Crafted Call of the wild for mine. Is secret based

### Secret Hunter
# Year of the Mammoth
#
# 2x (1) Argent Squire
# 2x (2) Cat Trick
# 2x (2) Explosive Trap
# 2x (2) Freezing Trap
# 2x (2) Venomstrike Trap
# 2x (3) Acolyte of Pain
# 2x (3) Cloaked Huntress
# 2x (3) Deadly Shot
# 2x (3) Eaglehorn Bow
# 2x (3) Stonehill Defender
# 2x (4) Corpsetaker
# 1x (4) Prince Valanar
# 1x (4) Professor Putricide
# 2x (5) Bloodworm
# 1x (9) Call of the Wild
#
AAECAR8Ex64Cw8wChtMCnuICDYcEyQT1BcUI+wz+DPixAsS0ApvCAp3MAtPNApHiApboAgA=
#

doomsayer is pretty good with dk rexar tho. builda beast is best on an open board, and even if you stitch a strong beast to drop alongside a doomsayer it's a pretty good play since you have infinite beasts anyway. also doomsayering into a highmane turn is pretty nasty in general. i feel like you need it for buildabeast since your AOE is so nonexistant in hunter.

f0lken

doomsayer is pretty good with dk rexar tho. builda beast is best on an open board, and even if you stitch a strong beast to drop alongside a doomsayer it's a pretty good play since you have infinite beasts anyway. also doomsayering into a highmane turn is pretty nasty in general. i feel like you need it for buildabeast since your AOE is so nonexistant in hunter.

Thanks!! Updated my post with the english version

Dahbomb

I need a tempo warrior deck. I can't build one myself. Never learned it well enough.
For Standard?

Just copy the recipe deck, replace that god awful 4 drop with Korkron Elite and throw in Nzoth First Mate with Patches in there as well because it's busted (and people played Pirates Package in tempo Warrior before as well).

Some people running two Dead Man's Land in that deck too.

Just beat a Priest who summoned four Obsidian Statues with their N'Zoth as Hunter. I guess mine was just better than his. Zombeasts is fun as hell and knowing now that N'Zoth summons them along with regular Deathrattles is great.

f0lken

Just beat a Priest who summoned four Obsidian Statues with their N'Zoth as Hunter. I guess mine was just better than his. Zombeasts is fun as hell and knowing now that N'Zoth summons them along with regular Deathrattles is great.

Resurrects the full zombeast? I though only the minion part that had deathrattle. This changes everything

Eddie Bax

who's got wild dk warlock with malganis list? im trying to fill up my roster but want a spot to go from for that, just crafted mal but i don't have krul

I came up with this version after tweaking a few cards to deal better with aggro. I feel like the imp gang boss may have negative synergy with Gul'dan (I've been thinking about putting Barnes in instead, maybe) but I've been pretty happy with it otherwise.

### Demon Reno
# Class: Warlock
# Format: Wild
#
# 1x (1) Flame Imp
# 1x (1) Power Overwhelming
# 1x (1) Soulfire
# 1x (1) Voidwalker
# 1x (2) Darkbomb
# 1x (2) Defile
# 1x (2) Demonfire
# 1x (3) Bloodfury Potion
# 1x (3) Gluttonous Ooze
# 1x (3) Imp Gang Boss
# 1x (3) Kabal Courier
# 1x (3) Void Terror
# 1x (4) Blastcrystal Potion
# 1x (4) Crystalweaver
# 1x (4) Kazakus
# 1x (4) Shadowflame
# 1x (4) Voidcaller
# 1x (5) Despicable Dreadlord
# 1x (5) Doomguard
# 1x (6) Dread Infernal
# 1x (6) Kabal Trafficker
# 1x (6) Reno Jackson
# 1x (6) Siphon Soul
# 1x (6) Skulking Geist
# 1x (7) Abyssal Enforcer
# 1x (8) Twisting Nether
# 1x (9) Krul the Unshackled
# 1x (9) Mal'Ganis
# 1x (10) Bloodreaver Gul'dan
#
AAEBAf0GHjCTAfcEzgbbBs4H+wfCCMwI9gjFCY4Owg+tEPARwxbHuwLJuwLYuwKwvALZvALdvALsvwL9vwLexALTxQLnywL3zQKgzgKX0wIAAA==
#

Resurrects the full zombeast? I though only the minion part that had deathrattle. This changes everything

Yeah, I made a Zombeast out of an Infested Wolf and Stubborn Gastropod. Figured the Taunt / Poisonous with 4 attack was a good choice. Turned out to be even better when it came back.

Blizzard

Banned
I forgot to mention, but I really did like the prologue's humor. It contrasts the serious dark nature of the cards and expansion with the Lich King's deadpan mockery about aggressive cards and net-decking to bring about a new age of darkness.

The paladin with the useless minions was also hilarious.

Another positive thing is the copy and paste deck mechanic. I guess I had always wanted to be able to keep a deck but make a small modification. It finally hit me today that I can just Ctrl-V while viewing a deck, then create a new deck and I get the whole thing copied in. It's a great idea. Now if they only let us have more than 18 decks I'd be happy. :p

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Huh, found a weird interaction. Had Jaraxxus and DK Guldan in the same deck, had Jaraxxus up and played the DK over.

You keep the weapon which makes sense but as the DK you have a health cap of 15 that holds over.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
bearshark is solid.

1 quick tip to make mages hate you.

Huh, found a weird interaction. Had Jaraxxus and DK Guldan in the same deck, had Jaraxxus up and played the DK over.

You keep the weapon which makes sense but as the DK you have a health cap of 15 that holds over.
That seems right. No?

well quest dk hunter worked, 1-0 against secret mage lol

### TALKIN TOKENS
# Year of the Mammoth
#
# 2x (1) Alleycat
# 2x (1) Fiery Bat
# 2x (1) Fire Fly
# 2x (1) Hunter's Mark
# 2x (1) Mistress of Mixtures
# 1x (1) The Marsh Queen
# 2x (1) Tracking
# 1x (2) Crackling Razormaw
# 1x (2) Kindly Grandmother
# 2x (2) Loot Hoarder
# 1x (3) Eggnapper
# 2x (3) Igneous Elemental
# 2x (3) Rat Pack
# 2x (4) Cult Master
# 2x (5) Corpse Widow
# 2x (5) Tol'vir Warden
#
AAECAR8G2wm5tAKhwgKOwwKYwwKG0wIMjQH7AasGlwi4rQLquwLsuwLrwgKKwwLexALGxwLGzgIA
#

i know need doomsayers but need to play more to see what to cut. with widow all the 3 mana deathrattles trigger quest, and < 2 mana cards are free. its a dumb deck lol but dk rexar can beat greedy decks and man is it run filling in the empty mana with raptors.

Bizazedo

Someone here suggested it and I don't remember who....but this deck is nasty. Prince Keleseth does work.

### Super Aggro
# Class: Paladin
# Year of the Mammoth
#
# 2x (1) Acherus Veteran
# 2x (1) Argent Squire
# 2x (1) Blessing of Might
# 1x (1) Patches the Pirate
# 2x (1) Righteous Protector
# 2x (1) Selfless Hero
# 2x (1) Southsea Deckhand
# 1x (2) Prince Keleseth
# 2x (3) Divine Favor
# 1x (3) Ironbeak Owl
# 2x (3) Rallying Blade
# 2x (3) Southsea Captain
# 2x (4) Arrogant Crusader
# 2x (4) Blessing of Kings
# 2x (4) Dread Corsair
# 2x (4) Truesilver Champion
# 1x (5) Leeroy Jenkins
#
AAECAYsWBKICrwSRvAKc4gINRqcFqAXUBfUFzwbuBq8H1K4C2a4C3ssC48sClc4CAA==
#

Blizzard

Banned
For anyone who is sad that their games are too slow, try this. If you get less than 15 minute games often at all, then you get your money back.

### Meme Priest
# Class: Priest
# Year of the Mammoth
#
# 2x (0) Silence
# 1x (1) Awaken the Makers
# 2x (1) Crystalline Oracle
# 2x (1) Northshire Cleric
# 2x (1) Runic Egg
# 1x (1) Zealous Initiate
# 1x (2) Loot Hoarder
# 1x (2) Prince Keleseth
# 2x (2) Sunfury Protector
# 1x (3) Mirage Caller
# 2x (3) Shallow Gravedigger
# 1x (4) Meat Wagon
# 1x (4) Rattling Rascal
# 1x (4) Shifting Shade
# 1x (4) Spellbreaker
# 2x (4) Tortollan Shellraiser
# 1x (5) Skelemancer
# 1x (6) Bone Drake
# 1x (6) Dragonfire Potion
# 2x (6) Moat Lurker
# 1x (7) Archbishop Benedictus
# 1x (9) Obsidian Statue
#
AAECAa0GDvsB8gWNrQL6sALqvwLDwQKWxALYygK2ywLHywLmzAKJzQKr0AKc4gII+walCfIMibQCqbQC1cEC3MECoc4CAA==
#

If you want a GOOD deck however, this isn't that. I'm about to do my second update after finishing 10 games.

Quest N'Zoth Priest seems really solid, I just outvalued an Elemental Frost Lich Jaina for an unexpected win

xo33co3.png

AAECAZ/HAgikA9MK4KwChbgCycIClsQCx8sCws4CC4oB1wr6sAK1uwLqvwLRwQLcwQKbwgLlzALmzALwzwIA

Top Bottom