• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTD| Oh, you're reading manga? How cute...

balgajo

It's generally been ranking hire since the first volume sold a ton so maybe. Or people really like this practice match lol.

Kind of an odd ranking all around with MHA being out of the top 5.

If only...

Don't remember MHA ranking that bad...

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
So, I just finished watching Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans as well as Knights Of Sidonia. And now I have a massive thirst for some more Mecha Manga, the only issue is; I think I've read most of the good ones. Help!

Mobile Suit Gundam: The Origin. Surprised this wasn't even mentioned once.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
is the mangaka in poor health or something, this manga is legendary with the hiatus

No idea this time, he said he'll be back before the end of the year. So it might just be him getting his story straight or doing research.

In the past he's had a lot of back problems, but from the sound of it he's doing better and better and it's not too bad anymore.

Principate

Saint Titanfall
How'd it jump so high?! I feel Robot x Laserbeam is the most boring thing. Is this that alleged "editor interference" I hear so much about?
RobotxLazerbeam sells fucking gangbusters. It shoukdn't suprise anyone that it occassionally ranks well.

Similarly it was fairly obvious Hinomaru Zumou wasn't ending anytime. For such an easily telegraphed would be ending for some any such ending would have been announced a looking ass time ago. Thus the logical conclusion was a new arc.

So, I just finished watching Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans as well as Knights Of Sidonia. And now I have a massive thirst for some more Mecha Manga, the only issue is; I think I've read most of the good ones. Help!

List Of Mecha Manga I've read:
- Knights Of Sidonia
- Break Blade
- Full Metal Panic! (All parts)
- Knights & Magic
- All You Need Is Kill
- Kurogane No Linebarrel
- Neon Genesis Evangelion
- School Shock
- Infinite Stratos (Even if was a piece of ****)
- Saijaku Muhai no Shinsou Kiryuu
- Verdant Lord (Apparently this is classed as a Mecha Manga?)
- Bullet Armours
- Eureka Seven (Watched the anime, but still...)
- Robot Keiji
- Alita: Battle Angel (I think I've read all the parts, it's a bit confusing)
- Batlle Mexia (Apparently this is also classed as a Mecha Manga?)

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Gundam: The Origin and Thunderbolt

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Himitsu no Akuma-chan

MC in Chapter 1:
QVIXuk6.png

MC in Chapter 12:
XEtgXt0.png

I'm looking back through the chapters trying to figure out when this happened but he already looked like this in Chapter 5.

Bah! Two off! So close!

So who won the bet?

I think that makes 11 chapters. If so I WIN!

Lol. I don't remember what I guessed, but I think it was like 9 or something.

If the manga does go on Hiatus after the next chapter *and* is absent from two issues the bet will conclude. We are currently - as of last week (chapter 369) - on chapter nine of the bet, so this week (chapter 370) would be chapter 10 of the bet.

Touhou - Ikaregami (SFW doujin)
aka how Suwako got her rage back. This was essentially a 60 page advertisement for anger management therapy, featuring Mrs.Revengeance and her newfound froggy companion. I've commented before on Zounose's talent for lightly twisted Touhou tales, and although neither of the lead duo are selling points for me, I was persuaded of the story's merits by the end. Largely because of the Hecatia + Kanako tag team action. If you enjoy the author's usual offerings, you'll enjoy this.

So I guess Himoura Zumou will be sticking around. Also first time RxL has ranked first.

Jump TOC Issue 40:
Dr. Stone ※ Cover
Robot X LASERBEAM
One Piece
Hinomaru Zumou
The Disastrous Life of Saiki K
Promised Neverland ※ Color
Kimetsu no Yaiba
We Never Learn
Jekyll no Tsukaima ※ Golden Future Cup
Black Clover
Yuragi-sou no Yuuna-san
Haikyu
Shokugeki no Soma
Hunter X Hunter ※ Hiatus X Hiatus
My Hero Academia
Gintama
Isobe Isobee Monogatari ※ Color
Shudan
Spring Weapon No 1
Cross Account
Hungy Marie
Issue 41:
Cover: Robot X LASERBEAM
Color Pages: Boruto, Hinomaru Zumou (2nd Season Start), Joreishi Rentarou no Yakusoku (GFC Entry #2)

Shuudan is still hanging on!

So I guess Hinomoura Zumou will be sticking around for a while. Also first time RxL has ranked first.

Jump TOC Issue 40:
Dr. Stone ※ Cover
Robot X LASERBEAM
One Piece
Hinomaru Zumou
The Disastrous Life of Saiki K
Promised Neverland ※ Color
Kimetsu no Yaiba
We Never Learn
Jekyll no Tsukaima ※ Golden Future Cup
Black Clover
Yuragi-sou no Yuuna-san
Haikyu
Shokugeki no Soma
Hunter X Hunter ※ Hiatus X Hiatus
My Hero Academia
Gintama
Isobe Isobee Monogatari ※ Color
Shudan
Spring Weapon No 1
Cross Account
Hungy Marie
Issue 41:
Cover: Robot X LASERBEAM
Color Pages: Boruto, Hinomaru Zumou (2nd Season Start), Joreishi Rentarou no Yakusoku (GFC Entry #2)

What an odd TOC.

I'm going to say everything at the gintama level and up is in the clear. Cross account, shudan, and hungry marie are dead men walking waiting for the next wave of series to cancel them. Spring weapon seems like it'll get a samon esque run.

dramatis

I don't believe that for a second.
It'll mean either he returns for 1 chapter before 2018 or 1 chapter before they start the 2018 issues. Not much of a difference there, just starting at the beginning of December or starting at the end of December.

Edit: I just found it, if it's ending at 10 chapters LeleSocho is winning

bigkrev

Oh good HxH is back on Hiatus, I can start the new batch of chapters next week
Getting invested week-to-week with a series that can go away at any point seems like an exercise in torture. I just treat it as "oh, I get a new volume+ to read now, wonder when I get another one!"

Getting invested week-to-week with a series that can go away at any point seems like an exercise in torture. I just treat it as "oh, I get a new volume+ to read now, wonder when I get another one!"
Yeah. I can barely be bothered to stay up to date with HXH. It's hard to give a shit about a series that might never be completed.

DNAbro

Did Togashi basically put out enough chapters for a new volume and that's it? Is that his new consistent thing? Well I guess he will have time to play DQ11.

Saotome-Senshu, Hitakakusu Ch14-15: Third-Wheel continues to be an excellent addition to the cast. And her facial expressions are golden!

Our Lonely War Ch1-3: Interesting. Interesting. Sort of like a Sci-Fi take on Attack On Titan. Looking forward to what it does from here out.

Principate

Saint Titanfall
Did Togashi basically put out enough chapters for a new volume and that's it? Is that his new consistent thing? Well I guess he will have time to play DQ11.
New? How long exactly have you been reading hxh? He's been doing that (enough for 1 or two volumes). For most of HxH's serialization.

DNAbro

New? How long exactly have you been reading hxh? He's been doing that (enough for 1 or two volumes). For most of HxH's serialization.

I had the slight hope since he wasn't complaining about back problems in his comments he wouldn't have an excuse to do that.

But yeah I'm basically a new reader to it. I guess I'm just preparing myself to think "i'm going to probably get 10 chapters every time he comes back"

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
If we're lucky we might have HxH and Berserk releasing new material at the same time this winter

Numb

To You, The Immortal

180.jpg

Damn ninjas cutting up onions all near me!

tom-4.ashx

What savage would make this
* sees it by the Koe no Katachi author *

Ahh
Now it makes sense

This is basically impossible not to spoil.
You should read it if you liked A silent voice or something fresh that's not like others.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
We Can't Study

I mean, I expect the status quo to stick, but accomplishing it with him asking directly about it and her just straight-up lying leaves a very bad taste in my mouth.

Basically, he finds out that the swimming girl likes him via gossip around the school, then he gets flustered so he directly just asks her if she likes him. She says fucking no, even though the answer is yes. It's just a super fucking ham-fisted way to keep the status quo going. Might as well not have him find out.

Zweizer

Banned
Bloom Into You ch25

Not surprised that she turned out to be a woman.

Tonari no Robot ch7

Being in love with a robot carries its own share of troubles.

Really though, it's a matter of persective. It's not that much different than having someone succumbing to Alzheimer's, as she said herself the previous page. The only difference is that it's a mechanical failure than biological.

New Game! ch57-58

The two certainly are close. They're like a married couple, lol.

img000007e4sdk.png

The joys of software development.

Kingdom ch529

Yotanwa finally in action. It's a shame the focus went back to Shin.

Who wouldn't want to though.

Tomo-chan wa Onna no ko! ch621

Less talk, more action.

We Can't Study

I mean, I expect the status quo to stick, but accomplishing it with him asking directly about it and her just straight-up lying leaves a very bad taste in my mouth.

Basically, he finds out that the swimming girl likes him via gossip around the school, then he gets flustered so he directly just asks her if she likes him. She says fucking no, even though the answer is yes. It's just a super fucking ham-fisted way to keep the status quo going. Might as well not have him find out.

I guess the fan sub is going with a different name then the official one and is behind several weeks

Can anyone please help me find more series?

I want more series like Tongari Booshi no Atorie and Dungeon Meshi

Anyone know any? that Kind of arty style and medieval like setting.

Another series that would have a more similar artystyle would be Vinland Saga... So basically series with that bulky detailed look.

What's the point of that? Find something that isn't being done officially, especially if you're massively behind.

I can understand it for English speakers who don't live in the US or a region that can get viz'd digital subscription. Didn't someone also say it's easier to translate from japanese -> English -> other non japanese language then Japanese -> non japanese language

Zweizer

Banned
Can anyone please help me find more series?

I want more series like Tongari Booshi no Atorie and Dungeon Meshi

Anyone know any? that Kind of arty style and medieval like setting.

Another series that would have a more similar artystyle would be Vinland Saga... So basically series with that bulky detailed look.

Nina-san no Mahou Seikatsu
Somali to Mori no Kami-sama
Katsute Kami Datta Kemonotachi e

Mousou Telepathy Ch1-433: Haven't laughed this much at a 'manga' in a while. And, I enjoyed it so much I read the whole thing in one sitting. A great little webcomic, 4-koma type of thing.

Kurenai no Senkan Ch1: A long-since sunken Battleship Yamato returns from its watery grave, wreaking havoc across Japan. You know, standard stuff.

Jintor

Mousou Telepathy Ch1-433: Haven't laughed this much at a 'manga' in a while. And, I enjoyed it so much I read the whole thing in one sitting. A great little webcomic, 4-koma type of thing.

It's really good ey.

It got a lot better when she cut mana in on the secret because mana is a really good character

Tomo-chan ch.621
Getting hit by that pillow cannot be especially pleasant right now.

Saotome-Senshu ch.15
That room...that embarrassment...

Those two really were meant for each other.

Articalys

We Can't Study

Question: has there ever been a harem series that actually allowed the characters to develop over the course of the story and didn't keep the status quo railroaded until the ending?

Top Bottom