• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Unconvinced by Xenoblade 2 but still interested enough to consider buying it. Tips?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eolz

Title is explicit enough, and I know that this probably doesn't warrant its own thread but...

I've always liked Monolith's games in terms of writing, production values, storytelling, etc, but I'm confused and unconvinced by this one since the reveal.
Big departure in terms of character design, pretty vague about how the blades work, regression in some ways from X,
On top of that, I've always disliked both Xenoblade's combat systems. Always felt more like a basic mmo than an RPG. It looks like it's improved, but at the same time more of the same.

SpanishHollowBrownbutterfly-small.gif

Here's a shortlist of my issues with the game, and what I like about it:

+ Fantastic OST
+ A colorful game
+ Interesting narrative
+ Good english voices

- Characters faces
- Combat system
- Storytelling make it sound in some ways like it's an anime for kids
- No dual-audio

= No character creation, fine by me
= Small party apparently, which is nice
= Not many details about leveling and other similar systems, but I was fine with previous Xenoblade games on that side

I'm liking the characters more since the last Direct however, good job fixing some of this.

Anything that I'm viewing the wrong way? Did I miss something? Anything to convince me to buy it or skip it?
The CE is starting to be up for preorders, and the game is coming out soon enough for me to really start considering it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom